I'm done with being scud to T-Mobile as a BlackBerry user so I will move my family account from them. Does anyone know who is the most Pro-BlackBerry Carrier out there? (US)

It is my guess that we will not have the latest update by the 15th so I'll be switching then. I highly recommend any other BlackBerry users still on T-Mobile to do the same. And don't just move on to another BB-hater company. Move on the the most pro-BB company out there.
    Last edited by IamFrankly; 03-09-14 at 10:55 PM.
    stlabrat likes this.
    03-09-14 09:54 PM
    I think the better question to ask is which carrier is the least anti-BB. And IMO, that would be Verizon, since they carry all three BB10 models. They don't stock them all in store and reps don't bad mouth the platform any less, but at least they carry all three phones.
    03-09-14 09:59 PM
    I'd say Rogers, they've always had a good relationship ever since the beginning of BB

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 10:06 PM
    I'd say Rogers, they've always had a good relationship ever since the beginning of BB
    LOL weren't they the ones who dropped the Z30 (only to pick it back up after a backlash from the faithful?)
    stlabrat and potatoguy like this.
    03-09-14 10:11 PM
    I'm not giving up Tmo. The pros out weigh the cons. Get the phones and OS updates from elsewhere and pop that sim right on in there...

Posted via CB10
    Grumblegrumble and jh07 like this.
    03-09-14 10:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Except the fact that they didn't want to carry the Z30. Even after their whole support Canadian carriers ads. When Verizon wanted to enter Canada.

Canada BBM channel C001234A4
    03-09-14 10:17 PM
    Sad but true, but until that episode, Rogers constantly bragged about getting new BlackBerry models exclusively first. Then two weeks later the others would release. I was very shocked about that z30 decision. Anyhow BlackBerry doesn't have the clout it used to. I believe the OP was referring to the US though.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 10:17 PM
    I think the better question to ask is which carrier is the least anti-BB. And IMO, that would be Verizon, since they carry all three BB10 models. They don't stock them all in store and reps don't bad mouth the platform any less, but at least they carry all three phones.
    +1
    I agree "which carrier is the least anti-BB" lol Not sure because I'm assuming OP meant U.S carriers, OP didn't specify. Hmmm... Now I'm curious as to which carrier is the least anti-BB globally as well as here stateside. Personally Iiving here in the states and occasionally leaving the country, Verizon's CDMA tech is just not globally adopted, the world is mostly GSM. So that was just too much of a headache and a lot of $. I had to end up being with two carriers Verizon(Berry stateside) and At&t (global Berry) that was just too much so I left Big Red for Ma bell and now some how I ended up on T-Mo lol. Anyways, my point is I agree with raino just wish Big Red was a GSM network instead of this CDMA one. I don't think a VZ BB Z30 would do me much good outside the states.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 10:36 PM
    LOL weren't they the ones who dropped the Z30 (only to pick it back up after a backlash from the faithful?)
    But because there is still a substantial number of BlackBerry users in Canada the customer pushed them to change that. Don't see much of that happen in the US. Except with T-MOBILE recently.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-09-14 10:39 PM
    American carriers seem to be many rocks and many hard places. The only undeniably not-out-to-sink-the-company carriers I can think of are Telus and Bell, but that doesn't really matter south of the border.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 10:40 PM
    I don't think a VZ BB Z30 would do me much good outside the states.
    Chances are you'd do pretty well with it. In addition to the two LTE bands (13 and 4,) it's got GSM and UMTS (3G/HSPA+) bands: quad band GSM and UMTS 800/850/900/1900/2100. Older VZ BBs used to be just UMTS 900/2100 (which works for most of the world beyond North America.) Actually, if you try your AT&T SIM in a VZ Z30, you will get at least 3G/HSPA+, maybe even LTE if you're lucky. There are quite a few people here who are using the VZ Z30 on AT&T and TMO.
    stlabrat likes this.
    03-09-14 11:52 PM
    Chances are you'd do pretty well with it. In addition to the two LTE bands (13 and 4,) it's got GSM and UMTS (3G/HSPA+) bands: quad band GSM and UMTS 800/850/900/1900/2100. Older VZ BBs used to be just UMTS 900/2100 (which works for most of the world beyond North America.) Actually, if you try your AT&T SIM in a VZ Z30, you will get at least 3G/HSPA+, maybe even LTE if you're lucky. There are quite a few people here who are using the VZ Z30 on AT&T and TMO.
    So if I were to travel to Australia will Verizon Z30 work there also?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 11:56 PM
    So if I were to travel to Australia will Verizon Z30 work there also?
    On 3G and HSPA+, yes. No LTE.
    03-09-14 11:59 PM
    Well, good to know! If the VZ BB Z30 works on TMO in the U.S and gets LTE then I'm sold. Now I've heard of this wireless charging ability, now is that also exclusive to the VZ BB Z30?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 12:35 AM
    verizon

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 12:42 AM
    Verizon is the least bad. But the bills are high.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    03-10-14 01:27 AM
    it is actually going to be better if a few carriers drop blackberry. Right now they are dealing with too many. If they can reduce it and only support a few carriers they might actually be able to do some training with them on how to sell the product. Right now its probably a few corporate seminars to show the features and thats about it. Like most people say unless you actually use the phone you wont really notice how great it is. Most people just see visually its not really a standout so to them it doesnt deserve a look then when they hear its blackberry and know the troubles they have its not even a consideration. Again the corporate channels might be the best way to go. Not sure how they do that and then get them on a network. Maybe they sell them as having been tested on xyz network so they do work. not sure but in any case the corporate sales model is definitely the way they are going.
    03-10-14 01:29 AM
    Hahahaha this is like searching for a needle in a haystack, all US carriers suck the big one no if's and's or but's about it.

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    southlander likes this.
    03-10-14 01:50 AM
    Definitely rogers. All of the Canadian carriers are pretty loyal to blackberry but rogers is #1 I'd say

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    03-10-14 01:53 AM
    When I go to Europe, I switch my Z10 to GSM. I assume you can do the same with a Z30. I am with Verizon.

+1
    I agree "which carrier is the least anti-BB" lol Not sure because I'm assuming OP meant U.S carriers, OP didn't specify. Hmmm... Now I'm curious as to which carrier is the least anti-BB globally as well as here stateside. Personally Iiving here in the states and occasionally leaving the country, Verizon's CDMA tech is just not globally adopted, the world is mostly GSM. So that was just too much of a headache and a lot of $. I had to end up being with two carriers Verizon(Berry stateside) and At&t (global Berry) that was just too much so I left Big Red for Ma bell and now some how I ended up on T-Mo lol. Anyways, my point is I agree with raino just wish Big Red was a GSM network instead of this CDMA one. I don't think a VZ BB Z30 would do me much good outside the states.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 02:05 AM
    Can I do that with a VZW Q10 also? How exactly do you switch it? I haven't taken this phone to Europe yet but it will probably happen within the next year or so.

When I go to Europe, I switch my Z10 to GSM. I assume you can do the same with a Z30. I am with Verizon.

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2141 :-)
    03-10-14 03:13 AM
    I actually had a great experience with Verizon yesterday. I smashed my Z30 and needed it replaced. I didn't have insurance and was not eligible for upgrade. The lady in the store was very sympathetic and she offered me a replacement for the 2 year contract price of $199.. I was expecting to pay $499..... We spoke about the Z10 as a possible cheaper replacement and she had the Z10 in stock and was going to give it to me for $50.. They had the Q10 and Z10 in stock and showed the Q10 and Z30 on display..

She was saying that the Z30 was selling well and she said they had trouble getting them from Blackberry... She added that the Z10 sold very well until the Z30 came out and the Q10 was grabbed by all the "physical keyboard people" at the launch but has slowed down considerably since. She was up to speed on some of the new Blackberry's in the works and said Verizon was committed to Blackberry and looked forward to expanding the line. It was a great Pro-Blackberry experience.....
    Berry-cracked-up likes this.
    03-10-14 08:09 AM
    That's so good to hear that some sales reps are knowledgeable about the BlackBerry phones! Which did you end up getting? (I guess I'll head back to your other thread where I've been following the story of your smashed Z30 with sympathy and interest. )

anon(5061193) likes this.
    03-10-14 08:47 AM
    That's so good to hear that some sales reps are knowledgeable about the BlackBerry phones! Which did you end up getting? (I guess I'll head back to your other thread where I've been following the story of your smashed Z30 with sympathy and interest. )

I have a new Z30 coming in a few days.... I am rolling with a Q10 and Galaxy Note 3 until then..
    03-10-14 10:20 AM
    Well, good to know! If the VZ BB Z30 works on TMO in the U.S and gets LTE then I'm sold. Now I've heard of this wireless charging ability, now is that also exclusive to the VZ BB Z30?
    Yeah, wireless charging is exclusive to the Z30 -3.

Can I do that with a VZW Q10 also? How exactly do you switch it? I haven't taken this phone to Europe yet but it will probably happen within the next year or so.
    Check out this post. It's for a Sprint phone, but I'm thinking you'd have the same option on Verizon phones as well.
    M-Huck likes this.
    03-10-14 10:23 AM
53 123