Anyone having problems charging in the car? It produces an exclamation mark instead of a lightening bolt on the battery which the help files say means that it is not sufficient current to charge the phone.
    Has anyone gotten a car charger to work?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 05:57 PM
    Any charger for a BB10 device should have a minimum output of 750mA.

What's yours?

BB brand ones say on side. Otherwise, Google the model number.
    05-03-13 06:01 PM
    I bought the BlackBerry In-Vehicle 1A Charger from CrackBerry. It works great!!

BlackBerry In-Vehicle 1A Charger | BlackBerry Chargers & Cables
    05-03-13 06:04 PM
    I bought the BlackBerry In-Vehicle 1A Charger from CrackBerry. It works great!!

BlackBerry In-Vehicle 1A Charger | BlackBerry Chargers & Cables
    And the Premium 1.8A In-Vehicle Charger is even better!

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=Grwbp5D-

This is how you CB10, son!
    anon(3072139) likes this.
    05-04-13 01:05 AM
    Thanks bought one and it is dynamite. It was even on sale.
    Elite1 likes this.
    05-08-13 07:50 PM
    The charger must have the proper rating for the phone. I found many of the universal chargers don't work with the Blackberry. My preference is to buy the original charger or one that is recommended by an authorized Blackberry dealer.

I bought chargers and car adapters recommended for the Blackberry phone, and also recommended chargers for the Playbook from Crackberry and BELL dealers. They all worked without any problems.

I prefer not to use high power chargers as like for the Playbook with the phone. The higher charge rate will charge the phone battery faster, but it takes a toll on the battery charge cycle life and also on the battery management circuits. Faster charge rate will make more internal heat in the battery, and will also cause higher operation temperature in the battery management circuits.
    05-08-13 08:27 PM
    I prefer not to use high power chargers as like for the Playbook with the phone. The higher charge rate will charge the phone battery faster, but it takes a toll on the battery charge cycle life and also on the battery management circuits. Faster charge rate will make more internal heat in the battery, and will also cause higher operation temperature in the battery management circuits.
    Not true in all modern phones I have seen the charge is regulated by the chip in the battery. Please share documentation if you have other information. Many I know have use the higher amperage TouchPad chargers for all types of devices, I have even used em for my BT headphones with no recognized problems to this point. Headphones are about 16 months old and have been charged with various methods from PC USB, to higher amp plugs. The charge rate is regulated before it "charges".
    05-08-13 09:24 PM
    I actually want to know abt this as well. Anyone has any documentation to support that using a high power charger is bad for the battery?

I've been afraid to use a higher powered charger to charge my phone, but sometimes u just need that extra boost for a quickie
    05-08-13 10:48 PM
    I've been using the playbook charger to charge my phones faster since the playbook came out, and I've had no issues. everyone in my family does it, if it shortens the life of the battery, its not doing it enough to matter for us.

as for the car charger, I also got the 1.8A OEM Blackberry one and it works perfectly.
    05-08-13 10:59 PM
    Would using a 2.1 amp car charger be a bad idea for the Q10?
    05-08-13 11:46 PM
    Even BlackBerry said we could use our PlayBook chargers with our phones. With the new tech in batteries these days it is not a problem. I would be more worried about using an under powered charger.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z10
    05-09-13 04:35 AM
    Anyone having problems charging in the car? It produces an exclamation mark instead of a lightening bolt on the battery which the help files say means that it is not sufficient current to charge the phone.
    Has anyone gotten a car charger to work?

Posted via CB10
    You need to try another charger as I have found that most work but have seen a few that do not. Do not buy the cheapest you can find and make sure it is protected by a fuse.
    05-09-13 04:58 AM