After upgrading my Q10 to the maintenance release on Rogers, my passwords got wiped out. Not a big deal--I re-entered them and was able to set up most of my accounts just fine. However, for one of my IMAP accounts, I kept getting this message after entering my password:

"The server [mail server] for your account ([account information]) is not responding. Please check your settings and try again."

I'm sure the settings didn't change in the half hour since the upgrade started, and I can access the same account just fine from my iPad or webmail. So I tried deleting the account and setting it up from scratch. Still no go. I tried several different combinations of settings (SSL on and off, POP rather than IMAP, etc.). Still no go.

I need to access this e-mail account. What else can I try?

Thanks!
    08-02-13 05:05 PM
    After upgrading my Q10 to the maintenance release on Rogers, my passwords got wiped out. Not a big deal--I re-entered them and was able to set up most of my accounts just fine. However, for one of my IMAP accounts, I kept getting this message after entering my password:

"The server [mail server] for your account ([account information]) is not responding. Please check your settings and try again."

I'm sure the settings didn't change in the half hour since the upgrade started, and I can access the same account just fine from my iPad or webmail. So I tried deleting the account and setting it up from scratch. Still no go. I tried several different combinations of settings (SSL on and off, POP rather than IMAP, etc.). Still no go.

I need to access this e-mail account. What else can I try?

Thanks!
    This may sound insane but if you can, try setting it up as a POP3 account and see if it morphs over to the imap. I say this b/c I actually had this same thing happen in reverse. I have a POP3 account that is my main email account for business and when I tried to set it up on both my Q10 and on my 9810, it wouldn't set up as a pop3 but when trying to set up as an iMap account, it worked perfectly. Just an idea as I don't know what else it could be. Good luck and maybe it will work for you.
    08-02-13 05:22 PM
    I tried setting it up as a POP3 account, but I received the same error message :/
    08-02-13 05:31 PM
    I tried setting it up as a POP3 account, but I received the same error message :/
    That is too weird! Can you call your email host and see if they can figure it out. My wife had that happen as well when switching from BB to iPhone. I gave her a lot of grief for making the move after her BB9810 was stolen, and especially when it came to setting up the account on her iPhone, but it turned out that something in the email client host had caused the problem. I can't think of anything else that it could be if all are the same. I'd open up your email account on your PC and copy the settings word for word one more time and see what happens. Maybe a reboot of the phone as well. Please post if you get it fixed as I know this will happen to others and help is what these forums are all about. Good Luck with it. Hope you get it fixed quickly!
    08-02-13 05:51 PM
    Restarting the device and triple-checking my settings didn't help. I'll try asking other users of the hosting service, but it's a hosting co-op rather than a company, which means it doesn't really have tech support. I'll let you know if I find a solution.
    08-02-13 06:57 PM
    Im having the same issue

have tried the suggestion but no go, its driving me mad

can anyone help?
    08-03-13 05:48 AM
    I was able to resolve this issue! I'm using StartTLS-authenticated SMTP, so I had to change my SMTP port from 25 to 465. I don't know why it defaulted to port 25, but changing it to 465 fixed the issue.
    08-03-13 07:41 AM
    thanks

please could you explain to me what to do in steps! do you enter startTLS in the box?
    08-03-13 07:56 AM
    Whether or not you need to use StartTLS depends on your e-mail provider. In my case, I set everything up normally, and then I changed the SMTP port from 25 to 465.
    08-03-13 08:22 AM
    I have the same problem with my BB Classic ! I really need help!
    01-03-15 04:59 PM