Hey,

So I have always loved BlackBerry since I only use it as a phone; however, being unable to send videos is so annoying that I may just have to leave.

I have a few videos I need to send and they do not send via text, are too large for email and I connected to my Mac and its just very complicated.

This is quite pathetic that you cannot just send a video to other individuals.

Help?
    10-14-13 10:09 AM
    Hey,

So I have always loved BlackBerry since I only use it as a phone; however, being unable to send videos is so annoying that I may just have to leave.

I have a few videos I need to send and they do not send via text, are too large for email and I connected to my Mac and its just very complicated.

Help?
    ?

How big of a file are you trying to send? I've sent several short videos (most under a minute) via MMS/Text... no problems. The is most likely a max file size limit.... but that would be system based on not just limited to BB.
    10-14-13 10:14 AM
    I have had iPhones and I have never had issues like this before. I remember BB had this problem back in the day but I assumed they fixed it. Its only 40 seconds long and it wont send...
    10-14-13 10:24 AM
    Hey,

Help?
    Aww muffin.

There are thousands of ways - if you are trying to send someone a 500mb video - OF COURSE you are being blocked. If you tried to send me that via email, I'd block you too.

Use Facebook video sharing, youtube video sharing, move it to a dvd/blue ray, use one of the video sharing apps.

Think for a second, your being blocked from sending a massive file. Maybe there is a reason you need to use a middleware server.

Posted via CB from my LE
    10-14-13 10:24 AM
    Considering technology, it should not be this difficult to send a simple video really. I even plugged into my computer and it was not even easy and I could not figure it out.

This is annoying that its this complicated to send a video. Considering many have an iPhone/Android, they wont have video apps to send and it should not be needed in this day and age.
    10-14-13 10:27 AM
    Considering technology, it should not be this difficult to send a simple video really. I even plugged into my computer and it was not even easy and I could not figure it out.

This is annoying that its this complicated to send a video. Considering many have an iPhone/Android, they wont have video apps to send and it should not be needed in this day and age.
    Ok then . Fyi, when you return your phone, try to find the packaging.

Good luck with this on iPhone and Android, and I look forward to seeing this same post from you on both of those forums as well. And when they pop up, I'll be sure to point out the exact same thing on those forums.

Cheers, see you soon.

Posted via CB from my LE
    10-14-13 10:41 AM
    You are quite rude but thanks for not helping.

I am simply asking a question when I have had zero problems with sending videos (longer than this) on iphone and BB cannot even send a 30 second clip?! Its an issue. I am trying to find a reasonable solution to this problem without the rude comments, thank you.
    10-14-13 10:47 AM
    You are quite rude but thanks for not helping.

I am simply asking a question when I have had zero problems with sending videos (longer than this) on iphone and BB cannot even send a 30 second clip?! Its an issue. I am trying to find a reasonable solution to this problem without the rude comments, thank you.
    I'm sure it is . You did say pathetic and that your leaving blackberry. So not sure how we can help you - you made you mind up when you posted.

We don't work for RIM

Posted via CB from my LE
    10-14-13 10:56 AM
    It is pathetic that I am unable to send it this easy - I enjoy my BB but I may leave if there is no easier way...hence me coming on this thread to ask for help.

Continue to sit behind your computer and be rude - Enjoy.
    10-14-13 11:01 AM
    Unfortunately, I don't believe there is way to directly send most videos. If I recall correctly, there is a pretty straightforward way to share your videos via BOX, although I haven't used that functionality myself.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 11:15 AM
    What is the size of the video(s) you are trying to send?

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Q10
    10-14-13 11:55 AM
    You can easily upload it to Dropbox, or use a lower resolution when taking it, so it will send via MMS, just like they do on iPhone and Android.

Both of you need to stop the fighting.
    10-14-13 11:56 AM
    You can easily upload it to Dropbox, or use a lower resolution when taking it, so it will send via MMS, just like they do on iPhone and Android.

Both of you need to stop the fighting.
    We can only record in 720 and 1080P. Even at 720P it is roughly 1MB per second of recorded file size. He should use the other options you and others offered.
    My kids have iPhones now. When they text me a video, it is so compressed that the video quality is very poor.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-14-13 12:30 PM
    OP:
    I just tried sending (sharing) a 24MB video file via MMS and email (outlook.com/hotmail). Worked with MMS but nothing got attached to the email.

Download Link on your computer at blackberry.com. It will allow communication between your computer and phone. You can also set up wireless transfer in the Link settings.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 12:51 PM
    OP:
    I just tried sending (sharing) a 24MB video file via MMS and email (outlook.com/hotmail). Worked with MMS but nothing got attached to the email.

Download Link on your computer at blackberry.com. It will allow communication between your computer and phone. You can also set up wireless transfer in the Link settings.

Posted via CB10
    Same issue with me. 20sec video will send via MMS but cannot send via email. Says the 20 sec video is too large????
    10-18-13 03:45 PM