I just tried this, disconnecting from wifi. Didn't work first time. Then I clicked off SSL and it finally worked! Thanks for the post!!

My IT company been scratching their heads for a week. They should feel pretty smart when I call them tomorrow and tell them how to make it work.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 11:30 PM
    I just tried this, disconnecting from wifi. Didn't work first time. Then I clicked off SSL and it finally worked! Thanks for the post!!

My IT company been scratching their heads for a week. They should feel pretty smart when I call them tomorrow and tell them how to make it work.

That's interesting because lots of people have been complaining recently about how recent builds of OS 10.1 had stopped allowing non encrypted EAS account configurations.

It's also not a particularly good idea to send unencrypted EAS traffic over the open internet.
    07-11-13 04:50 AM
    Same problem with me!i can't setup my work email on my Q10!Yahoo and Gmail were so easy!Tried Exchange Active Sync but still can't set up!it says can't find server!The IT department says we use hmail server but surprisingly I can access my emails on the Web and it says squirrel mail.On my 9900 it worked flawlessly!Please help!

Incurable Q10 Syndrome
    11-28-13 01:51 AM
    Same problem with me!i can't setup my work email on my Q10!Yahoo and Gmail were so easy!Tried Exchange Active Sync but still can't set up!it says can't find server!The IT department says we use hmail server but surprisingly I can access my emails on the Web and it says squirrel mail.On my 9900 it worked flawlessly!Please help!

Your post is confusing.

What is "hmail server"? Hotmail.com?

If the system you are connecting to for webmail uses Squirrel Mail, then you are NOT using Hotmail. (Unless they are doing something with forwarding from one system to the other)

If the system you are connecting to for webmail uses Squirrel Mail, it is extremely unlikely that you would use Exchange ActiveSync protocol for client connections. Most email systems running Squirrel Mail as a webmail client are running open-source email server products, which generally means you will be connecting your client to them via either IMAP or POP3.
    11-28-13 05:17 AM
    Omnitech,thanks for your response!Iam not a whizkid but yea that what our IT guys said....hmail server.They even showed me the configuration page with those words.I don't know if it's Hotmail but I don't think so!

Incurable Q10 Syndrome
    11-28-13 05:26 AM
    Omnitech,thanks for your response!Iam not a whizkid but yea that what our IT guys said....hmail server.They even showed me the configuration page with those words.I don't know if it's Hotmail but I don't think so!

If you'd like to PM me your server and configuration info (NOT your password) I will take a look and see if there is something missing there.

Alternatively, BlackBerry has created an online tool that can be used to check to see if your configuration settings and credentials are working correctly. You can access it here:

BlackBerry Email Account Validation Tool
    11-28-13 05:43 AM
    Tried that tool before!It showed connection failed.Ok Pin:2B1E37E0 add me Omnitech then I will furnish you with my config details and server

Incurable Q10 Syndrome
    11-28-13 06:33 AM
    Tried that tool before!It showed connection failed.Ok Pin:2B1E37E0 add me Omnitech then I will furnish you with my config details and server

I'm going to sleep now but if the BlackBerry Email Account Validation Tool told you that "connection failed", it means that you have either the wrong setup info (ie servername, port, protocol) and/or wrong credentials. (ie username/password)

If it's still not working in 8-10 hours, PM me to remind me and we can exchange info.
    11-28-13 07:21 AM
    Omnitech,thanks dude!Its working!iam the happiest!I was making the mistake of filling up the SMTP credentials as well!those fields should be left blank!I guess BlackBerry should have notified people about this throughly! Thanks for your time sir!!

Incurable Q10 Syndrome
    Omnitech likes this.
    11-28-13 10:00 AM
    Omnitech,thanks dude!Its working!iam the happiest!I was making the mistake of filling up the SMTP credentials as well!those fields should be left blank!I guess BlackBerry should have notified people about this throughly! Thanks for your time sir!!

Awesome, glad you got it sorted.
    11-28-13 10:56 PM
    I, too, am having an issue connecting my new Z30 to Exchange. I had a Bold9650 (yes, I keep a phone forever), and was the only user at work still on the BES server, which they want to get rid of. Got the Z30 because I could use ActiveSync like all the iPhone and Android users, but not working. Verizon has step-by-step instructions, and I have a screenshot from an iPhone user to get the required fields. When trying to connect, I get "Checking for supported services and policy". Then I get "An unexpected problem occured with *******@******.com. Some features may not be working correctly." Does anything need to be added on the Exchange server?
    12-06-13 05:17 AM
    I, too, am having an issue connecting my new Z30 to Exchange. I had a Bold9650 (yes, I keep a phone forever)

I still have mine. And the 9630 (Tour) that preceded it.

Usually by the time I am ready to sell them, their resale value is so low that I have a hard time motivating myself to go through the motions.

...and was the only user at work still on the BES server, which they want to get rid of. Got the Z30 because I could use ActiveSync like all the iPhone and Android users, but not working. Verizon has step-by-step instructions, and I have a screenshot from an iPhone user to get the required fields. When trying to connect, I get "Checking for supported services and policy". Then I get "An unexpected problem occured with *******@******.com. Some features may not be working correctly." Does anything need to be added on the Exchange server?

Ask your EAS admin if they use certificate-based authentication. I don't believe that will work on a BB10 device unless they are using a BES server.
    12-06-13 06:13 AM
    Oh, no. I will have to send it back.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 06:27 AM
    Ask your EAS admin if they use certificate-based authentication. I don't believe that will work on a BB10 device unless they are using a BES server.
    Actually got an answer from BB. I would have to MANUALLY import the certificate to my phone, but we don't have/keep the passwords to the certificates, because we've never needed them before...
    12-09-13 11:52 AM
    Actually got an answer from BB. I would have to MANUALLY import the certificate to my phone, but we don't have/keep the passwords to the certificates, because we've never needed them before...

Well I think the usual point of CBA using something called "automatic enrollment protocol" (or something that sounds like that), is to make it straightforward to authenticate users and still get good security.

I think it's an unfortunate omission in BB10 but I wasn't aware there was even a workaround so that's good news. There is at least one thread here discussing that issue specifically.

Hopefully they will add that capability for mobile devices not on BES, I assume it has cost them some customers already.
    12-09-13 01:54 PM
    I noticed you helped someone else with a problem I am having. I have had trouble with my Q10 and setting up my work exchange email. Originally it worked but then would lose connection and I couldn't send to most people. Bberry support suggested I needed the new operating system so I loaded that. Now I can't connect at all. I followed the link to the two test sites provided and both failed. Any suggestion how I can fix? This person said SMPT should not be filled in but they are mandatory fields in the set-up. Thanks for any help you can provide.
    10-26-14 11:19 AM
    Looked all day how to add this Microsoft exchange email account to my phone. Drove me nuts, with one switch of turning off wifi for a minute it kicked right in. THANK YOU!!!!
    02-02-15 03:46 PM
    I have set up a Q10 to our exchange server via EAS and there didn't appear to be any problems, however the BB is not synchronizing at all with our server.

I have run the Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer test and this worked fine. When I ran the Blackberry Email account validation test it came up with IMAP and POP settings, because our mail are also routed through a third party email provider.
    02-10-15 04:03 AM
43 12