Hi there,

Recently I cannot access my encrypted files on the sdcard via usb cable.

I can copy my photos to the pc but the files are not readable (maybe still encrypted)

Any experience?
    11-09-16 02:54 AM
    Hi there,

Recently I cannot access my encrypted files on the sdcard via usb cable.

I can copy my photos to the pc but the files are not readable (maybe still encrypted)

Any experience?
    The SD card encryption use a key on the BlackBerry device.
    So to access those file from another device you must not use USB Mass Storage Mode and the SD card and files must be in the BlackBerry.
    If you remove the SD card or copy the files off it to another device, they will be unreadable.
    If via USB Mass Storage Mode, the SD card is treated like a USB thumb drive, so the BlackBerry is not handling the decryption.

If you want to speed up the process, you will need to turn off SD card encryption, allow the BlackBerry to fully decrypt the card, then you can copy/move/read files in USB Mass Storage Mode, move the SD card into a card reader, or copy/move to another device.
    11-09-16 04:46 AM
    Hey Guys! I have a similar problem.
    I copied all my stuff on my computer in mass storage mode and deleted everything from my SD(formatted it with the PC). Then I copied all the files to a bigger SD and put it back to the phone. But after this the BB cannot decrypt the files which were encrypted by it on the other card (I can see the pictures in the file explorer on the BB but it cannot open them and it also does not show them in the gallery). Why is this? Can I solve this somehow or all my stuff is lost?
    12-15-16 03:39 AM
    Hey Guys! I have a similar problem.
    I copied all my stuff on my computer in mass storage mode and deleted everything from my SD(formatted it with the PC). Then I copied all the files to a bigger SD and put it back to the phone. But after this the BB cannot decrypt the files which were encrypted by it on the other card (I can see the pictures in the file explorer on the BB but it cannot open them and it also does not show them in the gallery). Why is this? Can I solve this somehow or all my stuff is lost?
    You can try to put the original SD card back in, copy the files back onto it, and attempt to decrypt, but I believe your card's key was lost when you formatted it.
    12-16-16 04:27 AM
    Ok i did not know it worked that way.
    Thank you.

i wonder why they actually allow usb access to encrypted cards without warning the user its useless to READ files.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    01-12-17 03:58 PM
    Do you have Link installed?

Nothing like my SE.
    01-12-17 04:22 PM