Is it possible to set the ringer volume differently than the other notification volumes? I need my ringer loud but I don't want email / txt notifications to be blaring at the same level. At this point I can only find one "master" volume level that is controlling ALL notifications or I can turn the ringer ONLY on which is not my preferred choice.

Thanks
    Last edited by ctruc; 10-07-13 at 02:16 AM.
    10-06-13 05:14 PM
    Is it possible to set the ringer volume differently than the other notification volumes? I need my ringer loud but I don't want email / txt notifications to be blaring at the same level. At this point I can only find one "master" volume level that is controlling ALL notifications or I can turn the ringer ONLY on which is not my preferred choice.

Thanks
    Unless there is a newer leak with that functionality, I have only been able to find one volume for all notifications.
    10-06-13 05:58 PM
    What is the latest update level?
    10-07-13 02:16 AM
    Just to pile on, can you set the ringer/notifications different than the speaker/headset volume? I'm on WP8 where we can't do that yet (and it's very annoying to have your ringer at high volume just b/c you were listening to music.)
    10-07-13 01:53 PM
    Just to pile on, can you set the ringer/notifications different than the speaker/headset volume? I'm on WP8 where we can't do that yet (and it's very annoying to have your ringer at high volume just b/c you were listening to music.)
    I don't listen to any music on it but i'm quite positive there is a seperate volume adjustment specifically for media / music that ive run into a bunch of times tring to resolve my ringer issue.
    js8229 likes this.
    10-07-13 02:16 PM
    Yes. Media volume and notification are separated. For example, media can be at full blast and ringer at 30% and vice versa
    js8229 likes this.
    10-07-13 02:28 PM

Thanks
    I'm not 100% sure if the gain method worked.. but I use mp3s for my ring tones and edit their volume levels on the pc. You can use a simple mp3 gain program (safe) to set the volume levels or you can use a program like audacity to edit the file directly
    10-07-13 02:32 PM
    Hi there,

Did you sort your problem? I do have the same problem and would like to know how to resolve it?

Kind Regards
    Hannah
    10-11-13 04:32 AM
    I don't think there is a way to do it, I looked everywhere.

I "solved" this by loading the notification into Audacity and just lowering the volume. So, even though the phone volumes are the same, your notifications are still at more silent.

Posted with CB10/Q10
    10-11-13 04:42 AM
    Hi there,

Did you sort your problem? I do have the same problem and would like to know how to resolve it?

Kind Regards
    Hannah
    The general consensus was that there was no fix at the moment and hope that it is caught in a future update. So all I can do is turn notifications off and use the volume to adjust my ringer volume if I don't want notifications blaring equally as loud. How could ONE volume for these things EVER be a good idea????

That being said I would like duude88 to elaborate on his work around with "Audacity".......
    10-11-13 09:33 AM
    Audacity is free video editing software for Windows. Use it to load your notification mp3 file and then lower the volume.
    Download link: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

For instructions on lowering volume using Audacity watch this video

When done, export the new audio track and use as the new notification.

This is good for those that stick with one notification for a long time, it's not worth doing every week.

Posted with CB10/Q10
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-11-13 11:18 AM
    I really miss the old BB behaviour of setting ringer volume separately for each application , and also the ability to enable ringer or vibrate when in holster.

And I truly hope that these will come back in future updates !!!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 05:07 AM
    Thanks, duude. Audacity is awesome, I've installed it on every computer I've owned.

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Q10
    10-14-13 12:37 PM