I know the OS is still a little immature and have some things that need to be worked out, but in terms of the hardware of the Q10, every time I look at it, I'm amazed at the little details and the build quality. I mean, aluminum frame and bezel, stainless steel frets, glass weave back and removable battery door? I think even the volume rocker and power button are metal right? I mean, the only other phones I could think of that isn't just cheap plastic and glass, is like the HTC One and some iPhones. But neither has a removable battery (like the Z30... grrrr......), so I think those counts as strikes against those phones, lol. Although the HTC One's front-facing speakers are pretty cool, I have to admit...

The only issue I've read about the hardware, is for the keyboard, which I understand is pretty darn important, and my original one had a slight issue with the alt key getting very super sensitive. But the replacement I got has been working fine so far...
    ItrathA and Mack Gans like this.
    11-04-13 03:13 AM
    The Q10 is actually stylish and amazing I think.

My only issue is the Dial icon is in the wrong place, holding the phone sometimes without locking it means I am randomly dialling recent callers!
    11-04-13 04:25 AM
    Better than the 9900 and the best yet for me....but it could be a little more solid I think. I think most of the issues I have stem from having a back door and I don't know if that will ever change.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 09:17 AM
    Bezel, at least on the specs I've seen, is L304 Steel (with pvd coating for black version). Beautiful phone. It's a joy to hold.
    Ben1232 likes this.
    11-04-13 09:25 AM
    Sony makes pretty nice hardware. Now if only they had BB10 on them.

Canadian cities BBM Channel C001234A4
    11-04-13 09:40 AM
    I know the OS is still a little immature and have some things that need to be worked out, but in terms of the hardware of the Q10, every time I look at it, I'm amazed at the little details and the build quality. I mean, aluminum frame and bezel, stainless steel frets, glass weave back and removable battery door? I think even the volume rocker and power button are metal right? I mean, the only other phones I could think of that isn't just cheap plastic and glass, is like the HTC One and some iPhones. But neither has a removable battery (like the Z30... grrrr......), so I think those counts as strikes against those phones, lol. Although the HTC One's front-facing speakers are pretty cool, I have to admit...

The only issue I've read about the hardware, is for the keyboard, which I understand is pretty darn important, and my original one had a slight issue with the alt key getting very super sensitive. But the replacement I got has been working fine so far...
    The frame is made of steel, not aluminum! (Thankfully). The Q10 is a solid phone.
    11-04-13 09:47 AM
    I still think the iPhone has the best build quality of anything out there.

Posted via CB10
    zeteo likes this.
    11-04-13 10:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. And the Z10's build quality is something I am not particularly satisfied with (though the Q10's does admittedly look better than the Z10's).

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 11:02 AM
    Agree. But it's a one piece with no back door. Not sure I want to lose the ability to carry an extra battery and a larger media card.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    zeteo likes this.
    11-04-13 11:35 AM
    Nokia...sony
    11-04-13 11:44 AM
    Nokia...sony
    Nokia? Really? I know there are all kinds of jokes about old Nokias being indestructible, but the new ones are just like any other full-touchscreen phone, plastic and glass. Blah. And the 920 has a non removable battery like the iphone, blah again...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-04-13 12:07 PM
    Bezel, at least on the specs I've seen, is L304 Steel (with pvd coating for black version). Beautiful phone. It's a joy to hold.
    Ah, oops, thanks, but it's still metal, which is a million time better than plastic in my opinion. I don't care how fast it is, when I hold one of these plastic phones in my hands they just "feel" cheap. Like if you're going to pay hundreds of dollars for the latest tech, don't you want to feel like you're holding more than a cheap slab of plastic??

11-04-13 12:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    It gives the impression of quality because of its heft, but iPhones are notoriously fragile. Blackberries, the opposite. I've already managed to drop mine onto pavement a few times, and I swear that material on the back doesn't even scratch. I'd be on my second screen replacement by now if I were an iPhone user.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 10:59 PM
    It gives the impression of quality because of its heft, but iPhones are notoriously fragile. Blackberries, the opposite. I've already managed to drop mine onto pavement a few times, and I swear that material on the back doesn't even scratch. I'd be on my second screen replacement by now if I were an iPhone user.

Posted via CB10
    I kind of agree. The glass of the iphone breaks fairly easily, and the glass back of the iphone 4 was just a dumb idea. But overall if you ignore the glass (which is one of the most important parts unfortunately) the rest of the device tends to have some nice materials and such. If Apple could remedy this issue, I would agree that their build quality is pretty nice. In terms of hardware, they did a nice job with the first iphone with an all metal back. But overall, the screen and the non-removable battery makes the hardware less than desirable for me (my opinion, don't take offense if you own one or like it). And I agree with you that BB's have been known to be fairly durable. I've only dropped my phones maybe like 2 or 3 times between all 3 of my BB's and none of them have broken before...

zeteo likes this.
    11-04-13 11:33 PM
    I love the build quality of the Q10, even more than the 9900. No Android phones comes close, except, maybe, the HTC One. The iPhone obviously has nice build quality, but I'm not a fan of the OS (but envious of the apps). Nokia Lumia 925 is a very nice phone, but Microsoft still has a ways to go on their OS, although they will likely get there eventually. Blackberry, though, with the Q10 especially, offers the whole package...great build quality, efficient OS and necessary apps (at least for me).

@dunaway - Posted with TMO Q10 via CB10
    11-04-13 11:34 PM
    I'd go with Nokia. I love my BlackBerry Q10 but my Nokia E73 Mode had a better keyboard and solid build. With that said I'm not saying my BlackBerry Q10 is bad. Nokia just has that old school built to it, maybe not no more now that Windows has it, but can't make a claim on that one.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 11:41 PM
    Sonim Technologies.
    11-05-13 12:23 AM
    I saw a YouTube video where this guy smacks a Z10 with a hammer, a real steel hammer. The Z10 survives. You will have new respect for a Z10. iPhone might look like its quality but it's soft.
    11-05-13 12:53 AM
    After I had my first Q10 with a pressed-in spacebar, the second one has been perfect. I always have a case on it though when I'm not at home, because it's too nice to mess up.

I think the iPhones are very well made, and have never held one that has felt cheap or creaky. I think the weight of them helps, and I wish my Z10 were heavier (also, I wish the battery door didn't get loose after a few removals).

I think the Q10 is the best built BlackBerry I have ever owned. I love everything about it, and now that I have one with a perfect keyboard, it's perfect to me.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 02:35 AM
    Had a Nokia E71 once, that was a solid phone. You could batter a yak with a phone like that.

Posted via CB10
    Qaddafi likes this.
    11-05-13 02:56 AM
    I'm glad many of you are realizing how fragile the iphone is. I have always loved BlackBerry for making solidly designed products. A good build quality to me is the ability of a phone to remain looking new, when it isn't. I roll caseless with my Q10. The only scratches I have are from me trying to find the charging port at night.

A nice remedy to this could be magnets, tiny LED lights, or both

Posted with my Q10!
    kazn3r likes this.
    11-05-13 08:31 AM
    BlackBerry make the best qwerty keyboards hands down, when you start typing you just can't stop

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 09:33 AM
    Not to be a debby downer, but as far as build quality, my 9930 still takes the cake over the Q10. I never had any issues with the 9930, but I've gone through 3 Q10s for hardware-related issues.

You said build quality, so I answered.
    11-05-13 09:42 AM
    I'm glad many of you are realizing how fragile the iphone is. I have always loved BlackBerry for making solidly designed products. A good build quality to me is the ability of a phone to remain looking new, when it isn't. I roll caseless with my Q10. The only scratches I have are from me trying to find the charging port at night.

A nice remedy to this could be magnets, tiny LED lights, or both

Posted with my Q10!
    There's a free app called Night Ports that is great for this.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27226887

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 09:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not the case with the iPhone 4S. My wife dropped hers onto concrete from about shoulder height - it survived with only the smallest (2mm) of chips to the corner.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 10:14 AM
49 12