OP, I get what you are saying.
    In theory, clicking a email icon would be the quickest, most direct method to get into your email. But wouldn't it be the quickest only if you are at your "homescreen" we will call it. Really its just your 1st pane of icons.

You are at your 1st pane, you click the email icon, bam, you are in your email. Plain and simple. But if you are in a app doing something, then you have to go back to your "homescreen" and then find your email icon, then click it.

I think having the hub is the best way overall to get to your email from anywhere. A simple gesture. From any screen.

Posted via my Q10 via the awesome CB10 app!
    05-12-13 10:25 AM
    I totally agree with you. Blackberry must address this issue and stick an email icon on the home screen. I miss it as well. I didn't want to have to swipe across to get to the hub. If there is an icon on the home screen,then I don't have to. If they don't do this quickly I am leaving blackberry forever.
    So you will substitute the hub for an email icon... you might as well return your phone today

Kah
    05-12-13 10:28 AM
    So you will substitute the hub for an email icon... you might as well return your phone today

Kah
    Couldn't have said it any better. Totally agree

Posted via CB10 from my Awesome Z10
    05-12-13 11:08 AM
    I clearly I seem to be in the minority but surely just pressing an email icon in the home screen is the easiest solution. This is what we had before. Also why is there a text icon on the home screen as this can also be accessed from the hub. Surely this is a lack of consistency?
    Horse and buggy used to get us from point A to point B before too but a car is faster!!!!! A button to jump in and our of stuff is soo old apple os! This is the fast future, don't get left behind

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 11:16 AM

You don't swipe across to get to the hub. You either have to do a single up and to the right swipe or press the three horizontal bar icon at the bottom of the screen. So it has the icon that you speak of.
    I like the hub too but just for clarification you can swipe across from the home screen. Within an app yes, up and right.

I'd also like the "option" to put a mail icon on the home screen.
    05-12-13 11:24 AM
    I like the hub too but just for clarification you can swipe across from the home screen. Within an app yes, up and right.

I'd also like the "option" to put a mail icon on the home screen.
    If they were to put an icon in, it would be as redundant as the text icon as it would just take you to the hub anyway. The problem with that is that it leaves the hub in the text state as opposed to the full hub state requiring an extra step to get it back to normal.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 11:32 AM
    I've had a Z10 since it came out in Vancouver and use it hours a day and I want an email icon on my main screen. That why it's called a main screen. I know BlackBerry had to do something different for marketing, but when I swipe open my Z I want to see all my main apps and icons. If the hub works for you great ,but some of you sound like I fanboys with your childish comments and attacks. Personally I would turn it off/hide it if I could . I don't know why they didn't put an icon on the main screen, they did for the others. But even if it's third party I will get email on my main screen.

Posted via Z10
    Bdot-1 and Tryptomine like this.
    05-12-13 12:22 PM
    I've had a Z10 since it came out in Vancouver and use it hours a day and I want an email icon on my main screen. That why it's called a main screen. I know BlackBerry had to do something different for marketing, but when I swipe open my Z I want to see all my main apps and icons. If the hub works for you great ,but some of you sound like I fanboys with your childish comments and attacks. Personally I would turn it off/hide it if I could . I don't know why they didn't put an icon on the main screen, they did for the others. But even if it's third party I will get email on my main screen.

Posted via Z10
    The only other that they put an icon in for is text, and even then, it just directly takes you to the text area of the hub.

By stating my preference for it does not make me a fanboy but I am a fan as I like what they have done with the hub. And yes, I deal with many emails daily and have no problem with the system.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 12:30 PM
    If people want an icon, put an icon.. geeze

Stop making excuses for BlackBerry. If the phone is for multitasking then answer why I can't have an email and a text open at the same time. But I can have a BBM and email open

I can't believe the childish remarks from a lot of you, until it's something you want!

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 12:55 PM

Stop making excuses for BlackBerry. If the phone is for multitasking then answer why I can't have an email and a text open at the same time. But I can have a BBM and email open

I can't believe the childish remarks from a lot of you, until it's something you want!

Posted via CB10
    There reall is no way to have an email and text open at the same time? You mean by switching back and forth of course.
    05-12-13 01:04 PM
    I appreciate I m talking to the experts and am keen to learn but going inton the hub means you first have to swipe from the home page and then press the email symbol to get in.. If you on the home page you would just need to press the email icon(if there was one) and then you are where you want to be. All I am saying is that having an icon it just gives you another easy option. Am I really asking for too much here? If they have given you an icon for texts, Facebook,twitter etc why can't they give you an icon for emails?
    05-12-13 02:41 PM
    Like I said if you like the hub great. Personally. I prefer all the things I use most email ,BBM ,text, contacts Beweather, maps, CB and news apps all on the main screen when I open my Z. Having the email in a separate spot is an annoyance. As for the horse and buggy, do things the new way comments learn some tech history please. I've been into all things tech since I saw the moon landing when I was 7. Vary few new or new and improved ideas pan out. Just read any popular mechanics magazine more than a few years old . A fanboy as far as I'm concerned is someone who is not willing to admit that someone else's opinion is valid from their point of view and attack / puts down anyone who disagrees with their sacred cow. Options are usual good to have. And anyone who gets upset because some people still prefer an email icon after using the hub just remember in a few years you will be the one to be put down for liking the old fashioned hub and not everything about the latest os.

Posted via Z10
    05-12-13 04:41 PM

Kah
    Exactly, email icon is already integrated into the Hub. The hub has the greatest advantage over just an icon. If we need a separate icon for email, it looks like we go back to old schools like iPhone. Having a gesture based Hub is the main reason I switch to Z10 from iPhone. I don't even need to hit the Whatsapp icon to view whatsapp stuff, just swipe the Hub to go directly to Whatsapp to respond.

Posted via CB10 on my adorable Z10
    05-12-13 05:07 PM
    This is ridiculous. The hub is superior. A finger swipe is too much? Gimme a break. Go to the hub click the bottom left, email, bam. How hard is that.

Posted via SEGA Master System
    05-12-13 05:11 PM
    I have to agree. At first I was going to gripe about the email icon but that hub is a huge freakin help. I have 3 emails going, text messages, bbm. So once I get going I can just go to one place and check them all well organized in the truth!!! Give it a time on a very busy communication day you will love it. Samsung had one similar and I hated it!

IfutooktimetoreadthisyouarejustasboredasmewhenItyp edit
    05-12-13 05:36 PM
    Seriously I feel like I'm in a room with a bunch of 2 year Olds?? The hub is the best thing since sliced bread?? Let's be real, obviously you don't use this phone for business

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 03:18 PM
    I would have thought the icon was better but now that I own the device the hub is just as easy and I think better. It's really a unified inbox. I like it and the hub icon is exactly the same as an email icon.
    05-20-13 04:19 PM
    Why would anybody want to bypass the Hub? It's all about the Hub. Why go back to old ways when the new one is better. Way easier to deal with communications with the BlackBerry Hub experience. I see no legit reason to bypass it.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 07:11 PM
    The hub is one of the main things I'm looking forward to when it hits Verizon. The unified inbox is the primary feature I haven't been able to find on my galaxy s3. Ever since I sold my 9930 last year and went back to android, I absolutely hate not having all communications in one place.
    05-20-13 07:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    An icon isn't going to solve that. The current SMS icon takes you right into the Hub for instance. You'd have to redesign the entire Hub or create a separate app for SMS and/or email. BBM is different, seeing as it has its own groups, contacts, status updates, and invites to be managed, not to mention the recent introduction of BBM Channels. Similar to why Twitter and Facebook have apps, despite being in the Hub.
    05-20-13 07:59 PM
    Maybe BBRY should have a email icon next to the phone, search, and camera option. Since BBRY is about communication, and email is a large part of it, why not have both? Have a hub and a small icon on the bottom...it'll be up to the end user which method they would prefer. Surely there is enough space on the bottom row for an email icon.
    05-20-13 08:47 PM
    Seriously I feel like I'm in a room with a bunch of 2 year Olds?? The hub is the best thing since sliced bread?? Let's be real, obviously you don't use this phone for business

Posted via CB10
    Bingo!
    05-21-13 12:28 AM
    Re final sentence: There is always the option of creating an "Unused folder" and leaving it out of the way on your last page. The SMS icon here went that way v early on.
    Mine is called "Superfluous" and contains Text Messages, the Phone, the camera, settings... There's a fair bit of stuff built into the interface that also has icons, for some reason.

As far as taking too long to get to email in the hub: If you're going from an app to the email client you're already swiping up to get to the home screen anyways. Is it really that hard to swipe up slightly less, and then to the right? You're already halfway there. This is pure laziness at it's finest.
    05-21-13 12:31 AM
    Problem with the hub I see as two folds:

Unlike the 9900, we can't get to it quickly by pressing "hangup" and "m".

Even with the larger screen, sadly I see more emails on the 9900 than on the Q10.
    05-21-13 01:35 AM
    Is there a way to know if I have new emails/texts without having to go to the hub? Is there a notification somewhere that I'm not looking at/seeing?

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 07:26 AM
92 1234