I have used 3 Q10s but none gave me any typing problems. However I see posts mentioning this problem frequently and am just curious what they are referring to.

CB10 on my Passport
    11-18-14 09:15 PM
    I used one Q10 everyday for a year and a half, give or take, before it did this. It isn't double typing, it's an over - sensitivity in the key, in my case the 0, that causes it to fire repeatedly without actually depressing it.

I loved the hell out of that phone, but it got to a point where it became unusable. Not sure why this issue has become the Sasquatch of the BlackBerry 10 world - it's a mechanical keyboard, parts wear out. We all use our BlackBerry phones at varying intensities, so I don't see how the "this hasn't happened to me" argument holds any water. There are diseases that happen to a great many people,but we don't generally question their existence just because they didn't happen to us personally. I certainly wasn't looking to use any other phone, I held onto that thing until the bitter end.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 09:26 PM
    Double typing is just what it sounds like. One button press registers as multiple presses. For example, typing out "the" on the keyboard would show up on screen as "thee" or "tthe". You get the idea.

You must have very good luck if you have used 3 Q10s and never encountered the double typing problem. My Dev Alpha C (a Q10 in disquise) did it with in weeks of receiving it. Lots of other DAC users reported it as well, but everyone blew it off as a issue caused by it not being a retail product. So when the Q10 launched I picked one up and the keyboard became practicually unusable from double typing after only a few months of use. I had my Q10 replaced and the replacement started double typing quicker than the first one did. At the point, I gave up on the Q10 as it appeared that pretty much all of them either do it or eventually will.

CrackBerry even ran a poll about the issue and 69.94% of all respondents reported having double typing problems

Do you suffer from the 'double typing issue' on the BlackBerry Q10? | CrackBerry.com

I wish I had your luck though. The Q10 would have been a great device if it weren't for the terrible keyboard issues. Instead, it is the worst BlackBerry I've ever owned. Even my nearly ten year old 7250, which still works today, doesn't double type.
    11-18-14 09:33 PM
    Thanks that finally clears it up!

CB10 on my Passport
    11-18-14 10:01 PM
    69.94% is insane -- I knew it was a good number of Q10s but that number is breath taking.

Now you do have to keep in mind that not everyone that has a q10 responded to this. People will say something more frequently if they have an issue than if they don't. However, I would think this has to have happened to at least 30% of owners......I think you any failure of 10% or greater should have had a recall.

I have been lucky to this point -- but I won't be surprised if it creeps up in the future.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 12:54 PM
    Interesting that's what I figured it meant when I saw people referring to it. Shocking number of people experiencing that issue.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    11-19-14 01:00 PM