I have a Q10 and am very happy with it.

The other day I overheard some people talking about how they can send their GPS location to someone and then the other friend can find them. This person is using a Droid.

Later when I got home I looked on my Q10 to figure out how to do this. I'm sure that this can be done (I hope so). If it can, can someone point out how to do this. I looked at the Map and the Compass, but don't see how I can send someone my GPS location.

Thanks!
    07-18-13 08:30 PM
    There are apps such as live tracker that can do that.

Posted via Z10
    NewPreKnox likes this.
    07-18-13 08:50 PM
    I have a Q10 and am very happy with it.

The other day I overheard some people talking about how they can send their GPS location to someone and then the other friend can find them. This person is using a Droid.

Later when I got home I looked on my Q10 to figure out how to do this. I'm sure that this can be done (I hope so). If it can, can someone point out how to do this. I looked at the Map and the Compass, but don't see how I can send someone my GPS location.

Thanks!
    You don't need an app. Just attach your location to a message as you would a file.
    NewPreKnox likes this.
    07-18-13 09:13 PM
    You don't need an app. Just attach your location to a message as you would a file.
    This may be obvious to some. But how do yo attach or copy a location? I looked at Map again and don't see a copy function that would then allow me to paste The gps location into a text or email. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 10:10 PM
    You first have to get into whatever messaging app, not the Maps app.
    Ex: Open BBM conversation, attach, location
    NewPreKnox likes this.
    07-18-13 10:14 PM
    You first have to get into whatever messaging app, not the Maps app.
    Ex: Open BBM conversation, attach, location
    I'm learning something new everyday. I've seen the attached, but always just assume it was for PICTURES or something like that. Now I see there is LOCATION. Cool. Thanks for the tip. I will certainly share this with my wife. She will be impressed I'm sure.
    07-18-13 10:41 PM
    I'm learning something new everyday. I've seen the attached, but always just assume it was for PICTURES or something like that. Now I see there is LOCATION. Cool. Thanks for the tip. I will certainly share this with my wife. She will be impressed I'm sure.
    I'd tell her it ain't possible on BlackBerry 10 if I were you!

It's a joke..
    07-18-13 11:43 PM
    I'd tell her it ain't possible on BlackBerry 10 if I were you!

It's a joke..
    We both appreciate the Q10 so much. We considered other smartphones, but are very happy with the Q10 and everyday we pick up and learn something new that makes the phone more useful . Just saw the FLASHLIGHT, it's so cool. I know my wife will love this too.
    07-18-13 11:58 PM