can i use blackberry q10 on a normal data plan i.e without bis .
    im using a 10 gb normal data plan and im using it on my i phone 6 ..i would like to buy a blackberry q10 and can i use that data plan on the q10 or do i have to use bis only for q10.
    03-10-15 01:51 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

You can definitely use the Q10 without BIS and can use your iphone data plan.

Enjoy!
    03-10-15 02:47 AM
    can i use blackberry q10 on a normal data plan i.e without bis .
    im using a 10 gb normal data plan and im using it on my i phone 6 ..i would like to buy a blackberry q10 and can i use that data plan on the q10 or do i have to use bis only for q10.
    To expand just a touch on the response, BlackBerry 10 doesn't use BIS. It effectively handles data just like any other smartphone platform, so your normal carrier data plan is all that you will need.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 10:18 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/etisala...ckages-842288/

That thread peters out around November of last year. But maybe you should contact Etisalat UAE to see what they say. While these previous two replies are correct in that there is no technical reason for BB10 devices to need BIS, it is up to the carrier how they want to provision devices.
    03-10-15 11:05 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/etisala...ckages-842288/

That thread peters out around November of last year. But maybe you should contact Etisalat UAE to see what they say. While these previous two replies are correct in that there is no technical reason for BB10 devices to need BIS, it is up to the carrier how they want to provision devices.
    This isn't exactly correct. The answer to the OP's question, is a clear NO. Not only do BB10 phones not REQUIRE BIS, but they literally can't use BIS. Your carrier could certainly continue to charge you for a BIS plan if you had one and didn't change when you upgrade from a BBOS device, but your BB10 phone will only be using the normal data portion, not the actual BIS.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 12:21 PM
    On Etisalat you can't, you need a BlackBerry subscription, you can however on DU. I've tried both.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 01:46 PM
    This isn't exactly correct. The answer to the OP's question, is a clear NO. Not only do BB10 phones not REQUIRE BIS, but they literally can't use BIS. Your carrier could certainly continue to charge you for a BIS plan if you had one and didn't change when you upgrade from a BBOS device, but your BB10 phone will only be using the normal data portion, not the actual BIS.

Posted via CB10
    Some carriers continue to require a BlackBerry plan for BlackBerry 10 smartphones just as they did, and do with BBOS smartphones. The fact that the phone does not need the service is small comfort if it won't work. This state of affairs is quite well documented. My own carrier, Virgin Mobile Canada, and Bell Canada were both in this camp when the Z10 came out.

There are many threads started by users who run into this issue, and there is always disbelief. The fact is that BlackBerry states two years ago that BB10 devices don't need BIS service, but carriers are able to require BIS or not, as they choose.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2072
    03-10-15 03:41 PM
    In case you can't, register an Android device or an iPhone with them, and then swap sims without telling then.

That may still not work if they are scummy enough, though.
    Danny Ocean likes this.
    03-10-15 03:44 PM