Hello,
    So, a few days ago I received an update for a backup app on my Q10. I tried to download and install it and it froze and bricked (I think) my phone, ironically. The led flashed a few times uncontrollably until I took the battery out. Since then, I've tried to reload the OS with link, an autoloader, waiting til the battery died, then reloading, etc. All attempts leading to nowhere because my computer doesn't even detect that something is being plugged in. With the battery in the phone, nothing happens when I plug the phone into the computer. With the battery out, the led shines a orange yellow led light only once, then does nothing..nothing on the computer for either scenario. What can I do. I've ordered a new battery from amazon HOPING that its a battery issue but I can't be too certain if it is, and if so, if my phone will even charge the battery enough to turn on and reload the OS once my computer can detect it..that's if it even comes charged. Any help is much appreciated. Even a link to a known method THAT works, though ill probably consider you a ****** for not even saying hi and just posting a link. So please, I'm a bit desperate, this OS 7.1 I'm using to type this is making me wonder how I managed to get work done before since apparently my hands grew an enormous amount since I'm holding this phone like a dam T-Rex probably would with its t-rexy arms.
    Have a good day and thank you in advance.

Update, receiver new battery from amazon, same thing. Used SIC , and it gets stuck at connecting to bootrom.
    Phone still flashes when connected to any power source without the battery in.
    03-24-15 11:01 PM
    Leave phone charging overnight, pull out sim card and battery . Bypass link and just go into the folder and look for loader.exe. Connect your phone to the pc and click on loader. Once it detects your phone, pop in the battery and install the OS

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2480
    03-24-15 11:07 PM
    Dam i cant find loader.exe
    03-24-15 11:26 PM
    so I found loader.exe . Unfortunately my computer still doesn't recognize my phone plugged in. still does nothing with the battery on, and with it off, still only blinks one orange-ish light every time it is plugged in...once plugged in and left for a few minutes, pressing the power button, with battery out (still), it again shines that led light. Anything else I can do?
    04-08-15 03:30 AM
    Never managed to fix this. Now I'm stuck with this T-Mobile Q10 as I doubt anyone will buy it off of me in its current condition. Wish it could have been fixed instead, I would just keep it and use it on the side.
    08-17-15 10:56 PM
    That didn't work.
    08-19-15 05:50 PM
    Keep the battery out and the cover away, connect your phone to your PC, start an autoloader of your choice. Then, when and only when you see the message "Connecting to Bootrom...", replace the battery.
    08-19-15 09:09 PM
    There are instructions on how to successfully use the loader.exe file, just google it

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    08-19-15 09:14 PM
    I've tried all of this already, in every possible combination you can come up with, but just to clear yourself up, what do YOU mean by replace the battery. Pull it out...pull it out and swap it for another one...pull it out and put it back in. The word replace could mean either the 2nd or 3rd option. Both of which have dont nothing in the past.
    08-19-15 10:03 PM
    There are instructions on how to successfully use the loader.exe file, just google it

I dont like your smug condescending little tone you got there. It doesn't take a genius to think of trying that; so unless it does, and you are one, why would you think I haven't already. You've been no help, but I suppose we all have our opinions and comments; unless it directly helped the cause, I would have however kept it to myself.
    08-19-15 10:08 PM
    I was just trying to help you but if you are going to have an attitude about someone helping you and taking something the wrong way then forget it! I have already entered the instructions in order and to a tee twice in these forums and it is rather lengthy and really dont have the time to keep re-writing them over and over again. Hence why I said google it, it wasnt meant to belittle you or anyone else for that matter, I am just busy at work and dont have the time! If you dont want to fix your phone then dont ask! Geez! Try and help someone and they get all bent out of shape! Dont expect my help any more! I am done!

BBRYQ10 and Madhuchandran like this.
    08-19-15 10:17 PM
    I can follow instructions quite well but I suppose I just lack that special touch you must have then because it didn't work, so I take it maybe your way isn't the only way oh self centered one.
    08-19-15 10:25 PM
    what do YOU mean by replace the battery. Pull it out...pull it out and swap it for another one...pull it out and put it back in. The word replace could mean either the 2nd or 3rd option. Both of which have dont nothing in the past.
    Connect your phone to your PC with no battery, put "a" battery in, only after the "Connecting to bootrom..." is displayed

And, by the way, use an autoloader (not the reload from Link, aka loader.exe).
    08-20-15 04:47 AM
    Thank you for clarifying.
    08-20-15 04:54 AM
    my blackberry q10 during security wipe reached to 95 % i pull out the battery.then my q10 brick.donot charge and not detect by pc.without battery i put the charge only blink orange light for 2 second.then nothing show.i check it with autoloader and blackberry link but donot detect by pc.Pls Help Quickly
    08-22-15 03:10 AM
    my blackberry q10 during security wipe reached to 95 % i pull out the battery.then my q10 brick.donot charge and not detect by pc.without battery i put the charge only blink orange light for 2 second.then nothing show.i check it with autoloader and blackberry link but donot detect by pc.Pls Help Quickly
    Just do the battery trick in my post above. And stop doing battery pull
    08-22-15 04:27 AM
    but my phone do not connect to bootrom in auto loader.also change the battery.nothing happen
    08-22-15 01:09 PM
    but my phone do not connect to bootrom in auto loader.also change the battery.nothing happen
    So you connect the phone to your computer, switched off, without the battery ? You start the autoloader and wait for the "Connecting to bootrom..." message, and then and only then, put back the battery ?

It's the last resort trick to unbrick your phone.
    08-22-15 03:43 PM