My Q 10 had to be taken to the service centre owing to a keyboard malfunction while under warranty. While the phone was not replaced, as one would expect with an under warranty instrument, it was returned to me after the key pad was replaced and software duly upgraded. However, since then I'm facing two peculiar problems :

1. On connecting the device to a computer, BB link say's "Disconnect device from your computer and complete the setup app on your device. When complete connect back your device." . Also a pop up in the task bar says "Setup hasn't been completed for the connected BlackBerry� device. Disconnect your device and complete the setup,then reconnect it to your computer" Oddly enough, the left side of the UI shows the device as connected!!!

2. Everytime the phone reboots, owing to a dead battery or for any other reason, all text messages, whatsapp messages as well as BBM are lost. In fact all the apps have to be reinstalled too.

The Software Update shows 10.3.1.1779 and confirms the device is using the latest software.

Can anyone suggest a fix? RIM are you listening?
    08-10-15 09:15 PM
    As far as #1, have you run the Setup app through to completion?

#2 I'm not sure, maybe you could run an autoloader to get a newer OS or a new battery?

Posted with my  Classic
    08-10-15 10:52 PM