Hi All.

So I started with my first BB phone recently on a Tmobile plan but switched to verizon soon after since TMO had nearly no cell reception in my area.
    Verizon service is much better for me but have the following issues that I did not experience with the tmobile phone and I hope you can help me out.

1) On the TMobile phone I have an option to set data limit - see my data usage - and get notifications when reach certain limit. Don't see this option on my Verizon phone.

2) Verizon phone battery drains way too fast! Battery was down to 73% after moderate use and that's approx an hour after unplugging from a full 100% charge.
    I pulled the battery, restarted phone etc. but still drains too fast.

3) Feels HOT!!! - I assume this has to do with battery draining fast as well..

Notes:
    -Both phones are updated to latest version 10.3.2.2339
    -As for battery usage/apps - The only additional app installed is whatsapp. I deleted a few that came with phone, like drop box, evernote etc.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who has experienced these and has a solution.

Thank you for your time!!
    08-03-15 06:50 PM
    Hello. Regarding the battery drop--could it be that you live in a somewhat isolated area, like out somewhere in the country, where all carrier signals are weak?

How many bars do you see on your Verizon phone?
    Does the number of bars fluctuate?
    What type of coverage (LTE, EVDO, 1x, etc.) do you most often have?

Regarding data usage stats, I am not aware of a native app that does the things you are describing. Did you have a third party app installed--perhaps TMO's MyAccount app that allowed you to do these things?
    08-03-15 08:14 PM
    Usually have 3-4-5 bars. Depending where I am standing in the house or work

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 08:43 PM
    Oops previous post posted before done typing..

It's 4G LTE or wifi when connected.
    My area has strong connection with verizon, how many bars I have depends on where in the building I am then..

Data settings on tmobile phone is by option called "device manager" there I had option to check data and set notifications

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 08:46 PM
    Please Help!! How do fix this??

First 3 things with a lot of percentage on Battery usage report for last 48 hours shows:

Display 71%
    System 64%
    Pim services 24% (what's this btw?)

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 10:37 PM
    Your system and PIM figures look a little high to me, but horrendously so. Some people report that the phone uses a lot of power in the first few days indexing, so it might be that. How long have you had it?

The other thing I should mention is that -- unlike old BlackBerries -- you should never do a battery pull on a BB10 device. Just shut it down by holding the power button for three seconds. A battery pull could cause operating system problems, file system corruption, etc.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 10:47 PM
    Have it a few days already. With more and more research now I just learned that the OS version is a leak and not officially supported.. had I known! considering to downgrade, is this possible?

Display usage & Pim - what exactly are they? And how can I reduce usage?

System is also high at 71%..

Thanks so much for your time!

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 11:21 PM
    Display is your screen. If your screen is lit up for long durations of time, that drains the battery. PIM services manage the various accounts on your phone (Twitter, Facebook, Evernote, and I believe even email.)
    08-04-15 12:07 AM
    I have never installed a leak. Try looking through this forum for information on moving back to an official release: BB10 Leaked/Beta OS - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Display usage is the energy consumed by the screen. You could reduce it a little by reducing brightness, but it's usually going to be one of the top energy consumers.

System seems to be a catch-all for the OS's regular functions. I could be wrong, but I think that's a close enough definition. I know that sometimes a misbehaving android app can increase the system energy consumption a lot, even though you'd think the battery consumption would register under the Android player or the app itself.

PIM is personal information management, and it involves synchronizing the calendar, contacts, various accounts, etc.
    08-04-15 12:29 AM