Diehard blackberry fan, a vet of this forum from 2008... really want a Q10 -- anyone here willing to help?

I know most likely no one will.. but worth a try.
    that simple? lol..
    05-06-13 04:07 PM
    Before you start pointing fingers, just realize that your original post honestly sounded like you were begging for a free one. If all you want is someone to ship to you after paying for it, you should have posted it clearly. Android angry bird kids? WTF does that even mean? Angry birds is also on BB. So what's your point? Are you just trying to get a response out of people?
    my point is and what i was trying to say is that the iphone and android are catered more towards the angry birds crowd, meanings teens and young adults that want to play video games and other silly stuff on their devices... and that those people have infested the blackberry community which was originally for corporate users and business users.
    05-06-13 04:10 PM
    my point is and what i was trying to say is that the iphone and android are catered more towards the angry birds crowd, meanings teens and young adults that want to play video games and other silly stuff on their devices... and that those people have infested the blackberry community which was originally for corporate users and business users.
    And yet the BB10 devices, like the one you crave, are aimed less at corporate and business users, without a trackpad and BIS, and more at the casual crowd, with games and a full touchscreen flagship, and angry birds as a key launch title.
    Ironic no?
    05-06-13 04:14 PM
    I'm sorry y'all...I'm still laughing at the OP's avatar, and how relatively...unpixelated it is, given how old his account is. No, I'm not 15 years old.

Where are you located, OP?
    05-06-13 04:18 PM
    There have been several other threads similar to this. A CB user wants a device not readily available to them. If you search the forums you'll find where one member has acted as a "middleman". He holds the money and once he receives the device he ships on to the actual buyer while at the same time sending the money to the seller.

Seriously though, there's really no reason to comment if you're just going to bash the OP. However, if I were the OP I would be checking the CB Marketplace or eBay. At least with eBay you have buyer/seller protection.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 04:38 PM
    And yet the BB10 devices, like the one you crave, are aimed less at corporate and business users, without a trackpad and BIS, and more at the casual crowd
    I find this thought funny, not bashing you at all. It is just crazy to me how many BB users are addicted to their trackpad for operation. Personally, the removal of the trackpad doesn't make it not for corporate/business use. People have been using touchscreen only phones for years in the business environment. My boss gave up his BB a while ago for a massive Android slab (insane IMHO) and he is a heavy email user and does a ton of traveling with just his phone to operate for business, never once seen him undock his laptop.

Then again with all that said, most people I know think I am crazy for holding on to my physical keyboards, which is what is pulling me to the BB world.
    05-06-13 04:46 PM
    I find this thought funny, not bashing you at all. It is just crazy to me how many BB users are addicted to their trackpad for operation. Personally, the removal of the trackpad doesn't make it not for corporate/business use. People have been using touchscreen only phones for years in the business environment. My boss gave up his BB a while ago for a massive Android slab (insane IMHO) and he is a heavy email user and does a ton of traveling with just his phone to operate for business, never once seen him undock his laptop.

Then again with all that said, most people I know think I am crazy for holding on to my physical keyboards, which is what is pulling me to the BB world.
    I've used touchscreen phones, non touchscreen phones, BlackBerries with and now without trackpads.
    I just don't think anything compares to the trackpad for text selection in emails or long messages or documents.
    Trying to go back a few places on the Z10 is a nightmare at times, on the smaller screen of the Q10? No thank you.

But the main additions in BB10 do seem to be aimed at casual users.
    That's why we don't have the same level of customisation of profiles. BIS add on. Trackpad that goes hand in hand with the keyboard. We don't even have a proper silent mode, you put the phone on silent and some apps still push sound alerts at you.

We don't even have proper BlackBerry email anymore, just the solution everyone else was using for years while we talked about how much better BlackBerry email was.

I just think it's a bit ironic that the OP blames the casual phone users for the 'decline' of this forum, but is keen on a phone targetted at exactly those users.
    05-06-13 04:54 PM
    I've used touchscreen phones, non touchscreen phones, BlackBerries with and now without trackpads.
    I just don't think anything compares to the trackpad for text selection in emails or long messages or documents.
    Trying to go back a few places on the Z10 is a nightmare at times, on the smaller screen of the Q10? No thank you.

But the main additions in BB10 do seem to be aimed at casual users.
    That's why we don't have the same level of customisation of profiles. BIS add on. Trackpad that goes hand in hand with the keyboard. We don't even have a proper silent mode, you put the phone on silent and some apps still push sound alerts at you.

We don't even have proper BlackBerry email anymore, just the solution everyone else was using for years while we talked about how much better BlackBerry email was.

I just think it's a bit ironic that the OP blames the casual phone users for the 'decline' of this forum, but is keen on a phone targetted at exactly those users.
    All good points, I think with KB shortcuts operation should make it smoother on the Q than the Z. On webOS knowing the KB tools available takes the place of the cursor placement and highlighting text. We will see once I finally get my hands on a Q. I agree the Z is a move more toward the "average consumer" I think the Q (and R?) are still focused on the more professional user as the physical keyboard is nearly dead in the smartphone world (sad panda).
    bobauckland likes this.
    05-06-13 05:01 PM
    no no no. I'm a true diehard fan. I had to pay a cancelation fee and then 250 for the phone. But I just wont eat for the WEEK and live off water. Now thats a fan! Setup ur game.
    05-06-13 05:03 PM
    I'm gonna try this with Honda.

Hey Honda I'm a die hard fan! I've sold about 5-10 Hondas alone to friends and family just by talking up a storm about how much I love my Hondas. I've had 5 in my life and currently have a 2009 SI coupe. Can I please have a NSX? I really want it more then you can ever know! Thinking of selling my house! Do you want me to live in a car? Please help me someone who works at honda.
    Last edited by freedomx20a; 05-06-13 at 05:08 PM. Reason: the new NSX coming in 2 years. hehehe
    05-06-13 05:08 PM
    All good points, I think with KB shortcuts operation should make it smoother on the Q than the Z. On webOS knowing the KB tools available takes the place of the cursor placement and highlighting text. We will see once I finally get my hands on a Q. I agree the Z is a move more toward the "average consumer" I think the Q (and R?) are still focused on the more professional user as the physical keyboard is nearly dead in the smartphone world (sad panda).
    I still have hopes for something awesome, like hold shift ont he keyboard and drag the screen around for text selection or something new and innovative like that.
    I agree, physical keyboards, mmmmm.
    05-06-13 05:25 PM
    I still have hopes for something awesome, like hold shift ont he keyboard and drag the screen around for text selection or something new and innovative like that.
    I agree, physical keyboards, mmmmm.
    That was kinda the webOS solution, hold shift to select text, hold "option" key to place cursor, worked great for cursor control. You could then drag your finger to move cursor.
    05-06-13 05:48 PM

And we can play the game, corporate or not corporate by simply placing the phone on the person's hand one at a time. Kind of like playing superman game with Louis Lane by having Clark Kent taking off and putting on his glasses.
    05-06-13 05:50 PM
    Diehard blackberry fan, a vet of this forum from 2008... really want a Q10 -- anyone here willing to help?

I know most likely no one will.. but worth a try.
    OP, your post (and title) are intentionally vague, and was purposely written that way to provoke another flame war.
    So, sit back and get your odd pleasure until (hopefully) the thread is clarified or deleted.
    05-06-13 06:28 PM
    RIMM abused the corporate and business users while at the same time they quit buying new phones every year due to financial constraints of todays economy. Blackberry has no choice except to embrace "the angry birds crowd, meanings teens and young adults that want to play video games and other silly stuff on their devices." As most of corporate America has "moved on", Blackberry is DEPENDING on these young adults to take up and embrace their new hardware.
    05-07-13 05:35 AM
65 123