Hello BB ppl,
    I hope this thread is not duplicated.

I'm globally satisfied with my Q10 device, especially since the last big update (10.3.1), even if I'd rather the previous UI design.

BUT...a bug hasn't yet been fixed. Every 50 shots (on the average), camera stops working and I have to reboot my phone. It happens with native app, Camera++, etc. However, I have a lot of space available on my SD.

I don't understand. It's very annoying, all the more as I love doing street photography.
    04-03-15 08:58 AM
    Maybe it is happening due to some problem with the update? Try resetting the phone by holding Volume Up+Volume Down buttons. and hope that helps
    04-03-15 09:56 AM
    Well, I did a hard reset + wipe after update because of a sudden battery draining.
    It solves the autonomy bug, not the camera limitation.
    04-03-15 11:45 AM
    Well, I did a hard reset + wipe after update because of a sudden battery draining.
    It solves the autonomy bug, not the camera limitation.
    Maybe you should try loading the OS again with an autoloader, and see if that helps

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 02:53 PM
    Sorry, I'm not interested in experiencing autoloader on my professional device (maybe later).
    I only wanted to know if I was the only one user to be affected by this bug.
    04-03-15 08:09 PM
    Every 50 shots (on the average), camera stops working and I have to reboot my phone. It happens with native app, Camera++, etc. However, I have a lot of space available on my SD.
    First, re-format your SD card on the phone. Without restoring the backup, try to go over your limit issue. You can also try with the Internal Storage for a time (if you keep at least 25% of free space).

If you have the same problem, you can also try to uncheck the Geotag Picture option in the camera settings. If it's not working, I advise you to change your SD Card (and take a class 10)

I only wanted to know if I was the only one user to be affected by this bug.
    We are here to help you, not to build lousy statistics
    04-03-15 09:37 PM
    • I replaced my 64 Gb by a 128 Gb few months ago. I still have the problem ;
    • geotag is never activated ;
    • Sorry, I have cheap and very poor quality : Sandisk, class 10...

The true question : is it a BB OS or a Q10 bug ?
    Maybe the sum: {Neutron player + BT ad2p connection + internet data + < 60% battery + Android apps invisible tasks running + sometimes other open apps} makes the camera function crashing...
    As a matter of fact, it reminds me the same trouble with first photophones (RAM limitation). 2 Gb is not very much.
    04-04-15 09:25 AM
    • I replaced my 64 Gb by a 128 Gb few months ago. I still have the problem ;
    • geotag is never activated ;
    • Sorry, I have cheap and very poor quality : Sandisk, class 10...

The true question : is it a BB OS or a Q10 bug ?
    Maybe the sum: {Neutron player + BT ad2p connection + internet data + < 60% battery + Android apps invisible tasks running + sometimes other open apps} makes the camera function crashing...
    As a matter of fact, it reminds me the same trouble with first photophones (RAM limitation). 2 Gb is not very much.
    2GB is more than enough for all BB10 tasks, there might be some firmware problem, final resort would be to security wipe or reload os using autoloader...

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 09:38 AM
    Security wipe has been already done after the last firmware update (see above).
    Autoloader is too risky (professional device).

I'm looking for the cause of the trouble (firmware, hardware, app, ...). Doing hundreds of reset will not help me to find it.
    Or maybe I'm the only BB user making dozens of street shots, it's not excluded...
    04-04-15 09:46 AM
    I've just set my camera to burst, let my finger pressed on the space bar and take around 150 photos while walking, saved on the SD card. No issue.

I'm pretty sure your problem lies with your media card transfer rate.
    04-04-15 11:22 AM
    It doesn't happen every day but quite often.

Well, class 10 for a SDHC 128 Gb seems to be the maximum available speed.
    What do you suggest ?
    04-04-15 11:59 AM
    Moreover, I noticed the camera stops working, not during a shot recording but when I come back to cam app, after lockscreen.
    04-04-15 12:01 PM
    Well, class 10 for a SDHC 128 Gb seems to be the maximum available speed.
    What do you suggest ?
    Backup your SD Card, format it on the phone, and try to replicate your issue one more time.

Moreover, I noticed the camera stops working, not during a shot recording but when I come back to cam app, after lockscreen.
    That... can be unrelated...

By the way, you can see the memory usage on the last 48h in the Device Monitor (Battery or CPU tab if running). Watch for Camera and Pictures Previewer apps.

I didn't ask it earlier, but you haven't encrypted your memory card, right ?
    Last edited by Joshu42; 04-04-15 at 02:19 PM.
    04-04-15 02:02 PM
    I already tried other SD. Encryption not activated.
    CPU usage is negligible (few 0,0 percents)
    • Camera app < 30 MB
    • Camera++ < 15 MB
    • Pictures < 40 MB
    • Effectica = 90 MB and CPU 6%

Finally I found the guilty :
    When MoPix is open, there are huge memory leaks !!
    Does the developper (10Soft) is involved on Crackberry forums ?

Camera stops working-7upbrg4.png
    04-04-15 03:13 PM
    Try the other thread where apps are announced, he should be there.

P.S. For black and white photography you can also try Mono Art app

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 03:39 AM
    Well, at the end, I did a test with MoPix closed and internal memory chosen for save location, I still have the same bug.
    So, we know now it's not due to media card transfer speed rate.

Maybe, it happens every X minutes. Maybe, it's a conflict with the lockscreen.
    04-08-15 10:48 AM
    I did a test again after the 10.3.1.2576 update (Burst, around 150 pictures, ...). No issue.

Can you post a screenshot of the Camera and Pictures Previewer graphics from the Device Monitor ? And add the day and hour when the problem occurred so we can track what's happened at that moment ? Thank you.
    04-09-15 01:14 AM
    During 5 days, photo apps worked marvelously. Until today noon.

Here are cpu & memory screenshots relative to pictures viewer / camera native app / camera++
    Camera stops working-pictures-_cpu.png
    Camera stops working-pictures_memory.png
    Camera stops working-camera_cpu.png
    Camera stops working-camera_memory.png
    Camera stops working-camera-_cpu.png
    Camera stops working-camera-_memory.png

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 06:47 AM