Leaving aside the plethora of software bugs & deficiencies that've been discussed at length here, I've encountered 2 physical defects in my Q10:

1. The camera just plain doesn't work! No lense on the rear facing! C'mon BlackBerry! Is that supposed to be a joke?

2. Non-tactile space bar key. Another very annoying issue that just shouldn't exist on a brand new device.

Yes, I believe I can go exchange my Q10 now but the fact that I even have to go to the trouble is not exactly a reward for staying ( frustratingly) loyal to BlackBerry in these uncertain times.

Finally, another flaw uncovered; I can't even type a - after a word without the auto correct replacing it with a period & gone are my trusty (y ) shortcuts as well! This is so disappointing.
    05-04-13 07:39 AM
    Troll alert!!!
    05-04-13 07:57 AM
    Troll alert!!!
    Troll? You're completely off base. I've given more time, effort, money to this company and it's products than 95% of the population. Your baseless attacks are ridiculous.
    FrancoisChevel likes this.
    05-04-13 08:38 AM
    Troll alert!!!

Your a troll and should be banned from these forums

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 09:38 AM
    Camera doesn't work? Nooo, whats it doing?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 09:54 AM
    That's the funniest thing I have ever read lol. No camera lens on the back of the phone. Hahhaahhahahahhahahahah

Sent from my Q10......while on the can
    mpshah and Solachica like this.
    05-04-13 10:08 AM
    Troll alert!!!
    good grief...
    05-04-13 10:53 AM
    Update:

Some of You people really are first class morons. I just exchanged the device because the CAMERA DOESN'T WORK. It doesn't take pictures. Nothing happens. The screen is blank. Yes, it's as ridiculous as it sounds. They gave me another device.
    05-04-13 04:03 PM
    You should have taken a photo of the "no lens" maybe a video would have been interesting. I a,lost call bs on this
    05-04-13 04:08 PM
    You should have taken a photo of the "no lens" maybe a video would have been interesting. I a,lost call bs on this
    There was a lense but camera was blank screen.
    05-04-13 04:57 PM
    I have had 5 generations of Blackberry phones. Got the new Q10 this week. The space bar was defective and I had to return it. Now my new one does not work correctly. The front facing camera doesn't work. When you turn it on I get only colored bars. I did a restart and it worked briefly. Then it just gave an error message saying camera won't turn on. Did another restart and back to colored bars. The iPhone is looking better all the time, or go back to my Bold which was a better phone anyway. The Q 10 has lost some of the features I like on the Bold. So disappointed!
    06-15-13 08:26 AM
    The iPhone is looking better all the time, or go back to my Bold which was a better phone anyway. The Q 10 has lost some of the features I like on the Bold. So disappointed!
    To be fair, you can get a lemon regardless of device. And if you think iPhone is exempted from this please read this thread https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Though you never hear about this in tech blogs, it's a very wide spread problem and I'm one of the unlucky one. It was a total nightmare for me with iPhone 5.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 09:16 AM
    Hi there,

I did not want to start a new thread but am hoping you folks can help me.

I have a q10 since yesterday and it is running like a charm.

However, it does not let me record videos. It tells me that the microphone is in use and that I should close all applications that use the microphone.

I have closed all programmer and have even denied usage of the microphone to skype and whatsapp but it still does not work.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

N.
    08-23-13 09:39 AM