I have a major issue with my camera on my Q10 and the SD card. I bought 64GB sdcard to have lots of space for multimedia. However, strange things happen...

I started taking photos and they were stored on my SD card. Everything worked fine to the point. I could browse the photos taken, etc. At one point the photos became inaccessible on the phone - just a black screen, when I tried to open them (thumbnails still there, though). Only the LAST photo taken was OK. However, taking a next photo made the previous one inaccessible and only the new last photo was OK...

After playing with it for a while, I tried to read the SD card in the computer, and the result is the same, i.e., the file is there the size seems to be OK. The file is readable (can be copied), but the content is corrupted.

I followed some advice found with Google, and formated the card in the phone. Then everything went back to normal - for a while. Now, I have the same problem. It appears to be related also to videos. I recorded some videos yesterday - I could watch at least some of them on my phone yesterday. Today (most of them) is gone. One still plays.

I will do more investigation on what happens to the content, when I have a moment, and I will post here. Has anybody had any similar problems? It does not seem to be the problem with the card itself, as I can read the files fine, and fsck has not found any problems with the filesystem. It looks more like the phone is overwriting some parts of existing files when creating new ones...
    10-31-13 03:50 AM
    That is odd. Have you tried reformatting the card? Have you tried the card on other devices?

Sent from my zipaligned and deodexed own custom ROM on HTC One X
    10-31-13 03:53 AM
    What brand card? Patriot is the one I use...Big electronics store in my area says this is the only one that never gets returned. San Discs have issues.
    I have a major issue with my camera on my Q10 and the SD card. I bought 64GB sdcard to have lots of space for multimedia. However, strange things happen...

I started taking photos and they were stored on my SD card. Everything worked fine to the point. I could browse the photos taken, etc. At one point the photos became inaccessible on the phone - just a black screen, when I tried to open them (thumbnails still there, though). Only the LAST photo taken was OK. However, taking a next photo made the previous one inaccessible and only the new last photo was OK...

After playing with it for a while, I tried to read the SD card in the computer, and the result is the same, i.e., the file is there the size seems to be OK. The file is readable (can be copied), but the content is corrupted.

I followed some advice found with Google, and formated the card in the phone. Then everything went back to normal - for a while. Now, I have the same problem. It appears to be related also to videos. I recorded some videos yesterday - I could watch at least some of them on my phone yesterday. Today (most of them) is gone. One still plays.

I will do more investigation on what happens to the content, when I have a moment, and I will post here. Has anybody had any similar problems? It does not seem to be the problem with the card itself, as I can read the files fine, and fsck has not found any problems with the filesystem. It looks more like the phone is overwriting some parts of existing files when creating new ones...
    10-31-13 03:55 AM
    What brand card? Patriot is the one I use...Big electronics store in my area says this is the only one that never gets returned. San Discs have issues.
    Kingston SDC10/64GB 33
    10-31-13 04:02 AM
    That is odd. Have you tried reformatting the card? Have you tried the card on other devices?
    As explained above...

Yes - I reformatted the card. It worked fine for a while. Now the problems are back.
    Yes - I tried the card in a computer. It works fine. I can read/write files to it. No apparent corruption.

Update: After further tests, out of several files written to the card on my laptop, some are corrupted as well. Seems to be a problem with card afterwards...
    Last edited by kszys; 10-31-13 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Typos
    10-31-13 04:05 AM