Hi all lucky winners,

Unfortunately our luck MAY be out when it comes to visual voice mail. This feature is notorious for not working on non-carrier branded phone firmware. The Q10s won of course come directly from BlackBerry.

My carrier is T-Mobile and neither of the two Q10s we have set up have had any luck with visual voice mail. When the setup is started, it reports we do not have it on our account, then clicking "sign up", instead of beginning the initialization process, instead just brings us to a useless Tmo Web2Go "up sell" page.

Now I had hopes that these days were over with BlackBerry 10...legacy BlackBerry OS featured visual voice mail too, but the approach was different. It was a carrier app that was not pushed, but rather, loaded hard onto the firmware of their branded phones. If you had purchased a device from another carrier or factory unlocked from BlackBerry, you were out of luck and visual voice mail wasn't even on the phone. With BlackBerry 10, however, it is built right in regardless...it just needs to be provisioned.

I called in to have them double check everything was set up on our account right a few days ago. Today, it still wasn't working, so I called back. They re-added the visual voice mail service and had me pull the battery...typical. I then was escalated to tech support and she re-provisioned it on the network level. I waited two hours, she called me back, and at that point it still isn't working -- same result.

She opened a ticket with the engineer staff and I will hear back from her in a few hours to a week. I am hoping for the best. I will update this thread when I have an answer.

What about YOU, though? Is your giveaway Q10's visual voice mail working? If so, please leave your carrier (obviously USA only) and state/nearest big city.

Thank you!

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    08-24-13 12:46 PM
    I won one but haven't got the email yet. I don't use visual voice mail and never have.
    08-24-13 12:50 PM
    I won one but haven't got the email yet. I don't use visual voice mail and never have.
    Don't worry about not getting the email yet. I'm in the same boat with a few others.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 12:57 PM
    I won Wednesday and still no email.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 12:59 PM
    how do you win one was there a contest
    08-24-13 01:00 PM
    Can we keep this thread about confirmed working or not working visual voice mail, please? That would be very much appreciated.

There are plenty of other threads about general questions and concerns on winning.

I hope this request doesn't come off as rude. Just trying to keep this tidy!

00stryder likes this.
    08-24-13 01:06 PM
    Can we keep this thread about confirmed working or not working visual voice mail, please? That would be very much appreciated.

There are plenty of other threads about general questions and concerns on winning.

I hope this request doesn't come off as rude. Just trying to keep this tidy!

STV0726, I haven't unwrapped the battery to place in the Q from the contest or set it up, but as soon as I get home I'll crack it open and place this sim into the contest phone to see if Visual Voice comes up.
    If that helps. My contest Q is on T-Mobile as well as the sim I will be putting in it. And I am already a subscriber to Visual Voicemail.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 03:08 PM
    STV0726, I haven't unwrapped the battery to place in the Q from the contest or set it up, but as soon as I get home I'll crack it open and place this sim into the contest phone to see if Visual Voice comes up.
    If that helps. My contest Q is on T-Mobile as well as the sim I will be putting in it. And I am already a subscriber to Visual Voicemail.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks mate. Just trying to figure out if this is a widespread issue OR an inevitability.

08-24-13 03:21 PM
    I haven't received mine yet. Hopefully it will be in next week. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to help diagnose the problem though because I can't get VVM to work when I'm at home on my z10. But it works when I travel. It's strange because it used to work when I'm home.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 03:27 PM
    ok I'm home on the computer, the Q is going through set up should have an answer for you "soon".

Edit, its here I have visual voicemail activated on mine. Granted I'm using my sim from my original Q. As soon as the contest Q finished the how to video I had a voicemail, visual voicemail from a friend. So its working on my end. As soon as I figure out how to blur the # I'll post the screen shot.
    I havent added the CB app yet so I just cant attach it.

Edit, Wow so these are unlocked! Couldn't get a straight answer in the threads. Network Network Subset & Service Provider all say Unlocked!

HTH
    Attached Thumbnails Calling all "Keys to the City" Q10 winners: is your visual voice mail working?-img_00000001.png  
    Last edited by 93Aero; 08-24-13 at 05:06 PM. Reason: added info
    08-24-13 04:27 PM
    I honestly don't understand the big deal about VVM. I have it as built into my at&t plan, but no one who calls me uses it. But yes, it 'works'.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 03:04 AM
    Don't use VVM, and can't use the Q, gotta send it back...
    08-26-13 06:39 AM
    STV - I received my Q10 yesterday and been using it since last night. It seems that my VVM is working. I was surprised because it doesn't work when using my Z10. Go figure. I'm on AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 01:35 PM
    I honestly don't understand the big deal about VVM. I have it as built into my at&t plan, but no one who calls me uses it. But yes, it 'works'.

Posted via CB10
    I honestly don't understand why people respond with posts like this to threads where folks are asking if something is functioning properly.

08-30-13 08:36 PM
    I honestly don't understand why people respond with posts like this to threads where folks are asking if something is functioning properly.

Visual voicemail is not something that someone can choose to use or not choose to use. If they leave you a voicemail it comes across as a message that you can play, pause, rewind, and fast forward like a media file. It is not a voicemail that gets turned into words that you can read.

The purpose of VVM - if you get a bunch of calls and messages from those calls you can decide which one to play first or delete without listening to similar to any notification.

That being said, I didn't win the Q10, I do have one, and my VMM is working. I have had issues in the past with mine, simply called customer support and had them reset my password. Hope this helps.

Posted via Q10
    08-30-13 09:04 PM
    I won Wednesday and still no email.

Posted via CB10
    Me too. Got BBM 8/21. Today is 8/30. Still waiting. Hopefully soon, otherwise...
    08-30-13 09:28 PM
    Me too. Got BBM 8/21. Today is 8/30. Still waiting. Hopefully soon, otherwise...
    As stated in other threads, you may wanna check your spam folder.
    If you are checking it from a mobile, you might wanna take a look using desk/laptop.
    FWIW I received BBM on Aug 3rd, received email Aug 7th.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 09:37 PM
    Visual voicemail is not something that someone can choose to use or not choose to use. If they leave you a voicemail it comes across as a message that you can play, pause, rewind, and fast forward like a media file. It is not a voicemail that gets turned into words that you can read.

The purpose of VVM - if you get a bunch of calls and messages from those calls you can decide which one to play first or delete without listening to similar to any notification.

That being said, I didn't win the Q10, I do have one, and my VMM is working. I have had issues in the past with mine, simply called customer support and had them reset my password. Hope this helps.

Posted via Q10
    I want to add that I did have to call my VM from a land line and reset my password when I was on my Z10. It briefly work and then became non functional again.

When I got a voicemail, it showed up like the VVM would but I could not play the message. I had to call in to my VM the normal way to retrieve the message. Maybe it's a problem with the OS I was running on it.

I'm on 10.1.0.1720 on the Q10. My Z10 is running 10.1.0.2452.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 10:39 PM
    You CAN indeed choose not to use VVM. You always could.

On BlackBerry 10, hit the Deactivate button.

08-30-13 11:46 PM
    STV, even though you may not care for the opinion I expressed in my answer, I did answer your question. Being amongst BlackBerry users, perhaps I thought someone could relate. With all due respect, of course.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 12:06 AM
    STV, even though you may not care for the opinion I expressed in my answer, I did answer your question. Being amongst BlackBerry users, perhaps I thought someone could relate. With all due respect, of course.

Posted via CB10
    Oh you have a won-Q10?

Sorry, I missed that for some reason. My apologies.

08-31-13 12:09 AM
    Yes, I did. Somewhere around the time you did, I believe. Posted a pic in one of the threads. Been following your dilemma, and feel bad. Things work for me only because I happen to be on a compatible network. I haven't contributed as much as I would like because I simply do not have the answer. I forget, sometimes in my enthusiasm, that my opinion is not pertinent to the issue at hand.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 12:28 AM
    As stated in other threads, you may wanna check your spam folder.
    If you are checking it from a mobile, you might wanna take a look using desk/laptop.
    FWIW I received BBM on Aug 3rd, received email Aug 7th.

Posted via CB10
    Checked spam and set @pmcss as a trusted/safe sender. Per BlackBerry keyboard BBM it can take awhile. When I asked what "awhile" meant, they could't tell me. I'll BBM them again next week if I don't hear. 11 days does seem a bit long though.
    08-31-13 04:32 PM
    Oh you have a won-Q10?

Sorry, I missed that for some reason. My apologies.

My Q10 that I received VVM is working and but I'm running a leaked OS idk if that does anything but I'm also on AT&T

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 07:01 PM
    Mine is also running a leaked OS...10.2.0.1323. I know, STV, that you do not care for leaks. My main device runs the official, in case something should happen. I imagine my insurance would not care to pick up the tab, should I brick it.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 12:04 AM
28 12