Hey CBites, I'd like someone to make a render of an idea I have to see how it would look in the flesh so to speak.
    So here goes.
    -Same dimensions of the q10
    - passport style keyboard (with the newly formed room) stretch the screen as much possible (maybe 4" if possible)

2nd version
    -same as above but with the corners rounded similar to the passport.

Posted via CB10
    haz_mat likes this.
    05-05-15 09:56 PM
    Here's one I shopped up for ya:

Calling all graphic artists Q10.2 idea (pp mini)-passport-q10-hybrid-small.png

For your second idea, I don't really know what you'd want that to look like other than a scaled-down passport. I was curious what the Q10 bodystyle would look like in the passport proportions so I did that one instead.

Here are links to the high res source images I used if anyone else wants to take a stab at it:
    Passport
    Q10
    Last edited by haz_mat; 05-05-15 at 11:07 PM.
    PJD642 and vergiove like this.
    05-05-15 10:56 PM
    That's a nice shop. Imo that's a telling combination there. Very easy to imagine what it'd be like.

I don't think a 3-row keyboard would work, however. The on-screen row would be too intrusive on such an already small screen. And I just prefer a 4-row keyboard. I've had both.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 06:33 AM
    That's a nice shop. Imo that's a telling combination there. Very easy to imagine what it'd be like.

I don't think a 3-row keyboard would work, however. The on-screen row would be too intrusive on such an already small screen. And I just prefer a 4-row keyboard. I've had both.

Posted via CB10
    The 3 row is best row.
    05-06-15 09:03 AM
    Very nice haz_mat. I like the look of it. Only change left would be to try stretch the screen a little more to the top and maybe smaller bezels on the sides and it would be killer device.

Thanks again man.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 09:08 AM
    The 3 row is best row.
    Not if you want to type replies, it isn't.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 01:27 PM
    Here's one I shopped up for ya:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Passport-Q10 hybrid small.png 
Views:	446 
Size:	589.5 KB 
ID:	351386

For your second idea, I don't really know what you'd want that to look like other than a scaled-down passport. I was curious what the Q10 bodystyle would look like in the passport proportions so I did that one instead.

Here are links to the high res source images I used if anyone else wants to take a stab at it:
    Passport
    Q10
    3 row keyboard? No thank you. Useless.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 01:28 PM
    Calling all graphic artists Q10.2 idea (pp mini)-passport-q10-hybrid-v2-small.png

I enlarged the screen a bit and fixed the skewed stuff at the top (logo, earpiece, camera, LED). It feels wider with the right proportions of those elements, particularly the BB logo.

I'm not much of a fan of the 3-row keyboard either, but it looks pretty nice.
    05-06-15 02:22 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Passport-Q10 hybrid V2 small.png 
Views:	346 
Size:	792.7 KB 
ID:	351531

I enlarged the screen a bit and fixed the skewed stuff at the top (logo, earpiece, camera, LED). It feels wider with the right proportions of those elements, particularly the BB logo.

I'm not much of a fan of the 3-row keyboard either, but it looks pretty nice.
    That's another good job, I can see the appeal. And the hxw ratio will naturally be more squat. Looks smart.

But how would this look with the regular 4-row Q10 keyboard? I mean, a Q10 mkII could retain the 4-row keyboard and overall footprint while expanding the screen to fill more of the phone, I'd think.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 02:31 PM
    Yeah I will probably throw together one more with that idea. I think if I ditch the BB logo at the top, or remove the text and line up the BB symbol with the earpiece there will be a bit more room for the screen.
    05-06-15 03:16 PM
    Not digging it. Nice PS job though.
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-06-15 03:19 PM
    Yeah I will probably throw together one more with that idea. I think if I ditch the BB logo at the top, or remove the text and line up the BB symbol with the earpiece there will be a bit more room for the screen.
    Yeah,if they put it on the chin under the keyboard would make more room for the screen.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 03:24 PM
    Still no rendering of what could be a Q10 form with a 4" 4-3ratio screen+ concertina keyboard.
    The concertina keyboard though is a very intriguing concept and that would have a lot of sense in a pocket friendly form factor.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 03:58 PM