Hi. I'm looking to get a QWERTY phone to use instead of my Nexus 5 on days when I travel, and calls, email and battery are the most important functions.

I spend a lot of time in teleconferences. Does anyone have any feedback on how general call quality and reception compares on the Q10 vs other phones e.g. IPhone 5S, 6, Nexus 5 & 6?

Secondly, I like to use my speakerphone a lot. Either for teleconferences with other people with me, or just because I don't like to use the hands free for say more than two hour calls. So, what is the quality of the Q10 speakerphone like? I will not be using it for media/music really, just calls.

Lastly, how does the Q5 compare on these points? I would be perfectly happy to use one if it is comparable. I don't have any plans to install many apps, music etc so it may be perfectly acceptable for my needs. Someone advised that it had a slightly better battery life, which would be good if this is meaningful.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.
    12-04-14 03:45 PM
    I love the speaker on the q10... listen to hours of podcasts with it
    12-04-14 04:36 PM
    The sound quality from the speaker is the best I have heard from any mobile device. It is really crisp. I use speaker phone a lot and it works very well. Also I record guitar ideas with Parrot recorder and the playbacks sound really good through the speaker.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 05:44 PM
    Unparalleled. Period.
    12-04-14 06:29 PM
    Hi. I'm looking to get a QWERTY phone to use instead of my Nexus 5 on days when I travel, and calls, email and battery are the most important functions.

I spend a lot of time in teleconferences. Does anyone have any feedback on how general call quality and reception compares on the Q10 vs other phones e.g. IPhone 5S, 6, Nexus 5 & 6?

Secondly, I like to use my speakerphone a lot. Either for teleconferences with other people with me, or just because I don't like to use the hands free for say more than two hour calls. So, what is the quality of the Q10 speakerphone like? I will not be using it for media/music really, just calls.

Lastly, how does the Q5 compare on these points? I would be perfectly happy to use one if it is comparable. I don't have any plans to install many apps, music etc so it may be perfectly acceptable for my needs. Someone advised that it had a slightly better battery life, which would be good if this is meaningful.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.
    Compared to the 5S, I have found the signal strength and call quality to be much better. Speaker phone is very good, and the microphone and noise cancellation seems to pickup very well in both call modes.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1151
    12-04-14 09:44 PM
    Bar none, the best speaker phone I've used. I had to be on hours and hours (literally) of conference calls with a project that I?m working on and was amazed at the clarity of the speaker from this little phone. Likewise, the people on the other end of the bridge were impressed with how clear my voice was, even .5 metres from the phone. Excellent productivity tool and BlackBerry was clearly playing to their core strengths when they engineered the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    12-05-14 07:07 AM
    I've always disliked using speakerphones and even cut down on phone calls in general because of it (and I hate earbuds). But, I love my Q10's speakerphone and conferencing quality. I'm a total convert. For what it's worth, my husband loves the quality of his Z30, too.
    12-05-14 09:15 PM
    Thanks very much for the feedback. I managed to get my hands on a Q10 and have been very impressed with the call quality, reception, and speakerphone. In fact I have been playing a game where I go to all the places I know I couldn't get reception with my Nexus 5, and the Q10 has worked in all of them so far!

I've also been putting in the hours on the speakerphone, which has been great.

A guy I know in IT swears by his Z10 after three years of constant use. He reckons it picks up cellular and wifi signals far better than several iPhone models he has used in parallel during the same period.
    12-27-14 04:13 AM
    q10 have very good signal reception...,

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 08:20 AM
    Sir q10 excels in whatever u have asked 9 out of 10. Buy the BlackBerry q10 it's a different ball game altogether.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 06:14 AM