I'm looking for a call blocker that works on the Q10. There is nothing in BlackBerry World but maybe an Android app that works specifically on the Q10 is available? I tried sideloading Embsware Blocker and Mr Number Blocker for BB10 but neither worked on my Q10. They installed OK but would not block any calls......period.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    05-13-13 02:55 PM
    What are you trying to accomplish that the built in call blocker can't do.

Incase you can't find it, open phone, swipe from top. Then settings.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 02:57 PM
    What are you trying to accomplish that the built in call blocker can't do.

Incase you can't find it, open phone, swipe from top. Then settings.

Posted via CB10
    I want a call blocker that blocks unwanted (nuisance/scammer/telemarketing) calls with a whitelist and a blacklist, etc.
    05-13-13 03:05 PM
    Privacystar was available for the old blackberrys and is available for android. Not too sure about BB10. Maybe an android side load?
    05-13-13 03:37 PM
    Privacystar was available for the old blackberrys and is available for android. Not too sure about BB10. Maybe an android side load?
    Yeah there were probably at least a dozen various call blockers for BB7. I had one on my Curve that worked great but I was disappointed to discover that there are ZERO call blockers for the Q10 in BlackBerry World so far. Nowadays a good call blocker is essential, IMO. I'll try to find PrivacyStar in the Android Apps Bar File lists. Thanks for the info.
    05-13-13 03:46 PM
    I had a call filter app on my torch and it was great. I have looked for a call filter for my BlackBerry z10. I can't find one. Is there going to be one soon
    05-13-13 03:50 PM
    I made a workaround that works just fine.

Create a new contact named "Ignore", then add in all the numbers you want to ignore. Go to the bottom of the page and set custom notifications, turn the phone ring tone and vibration to off. Now the phone will not ring when they call, and if you happen to be using the phone at the time, the "Ignore" name tells you to swipe up and ignore the call.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    geekaren and LudwigvonKast like this.
    05-13-13 04:16 PM
    I made a workaround that works just fine.

Create a new contact named "Ignore", then add in all the numbers you want to ignore. Go to the bottom of the page and set custom notifications, turn the phone ring tone and vibration to off. Now the phone will not ring when they call, and if you happen to be using the phone at the time, the "Ignore" name tells you to swipe up and ignore the call.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    That would work for a while, but I like having an app that will automatically pick up and hang up the phone right away so that the caller cannot even leave a voice mail. I also like having the ability to send the number a text saying "Your number has been blocked " like my Call Blocker Professional app does. I really hope BlackBerry didn't make the choice to not allow call blocker apps like Apple did.
    05-13-13 04:43 PM
    Call blocker should work in the background, and BBRY has not release API for phone application, so nobody can develop anything yet.
    In general, BBRY has not reached a point where they can issue "any" API yet.
    For some, lack of call blocker might be a deal breaker.
    No luck for you guys :-). You just have to be patient.
    05-13-13 04:53 PM
    The current call blocking options are rather limited. You can block all incoming calls, all incoming while roaming. Block all outgoing calls, all outgoing international calls, all outgoing international while roaming. No option to block specific numbers with choice to send to voicemail or hangup. Hooefully this is fixed soon.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 08:38 PM
    Missing my call blocker pro. Loved that app. I think "headless" apps are on the horizon as I did read somewhere that it was on the menu for serving.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 08:49 PM
    Missing my call blocker pro. Loved that app. I think "headless" apps are on the horizon as I did read somewhere that it was on the menu for serving.

Posted via CB10
    I thought I could wait for this app, but after getting several calls now, from #s I had blocked on my Curve, I really need this. The ability to pick up/hang up, block unknown numbers and block private numbers is soooo important. Yes, it needs to be a headless app, and those are coming, just not soon enough. Boo hoo.
    05-14-13 04:10 PM
    That would work for a while, but I like having an app that will automatically pick up and hang up the phone right away so that the caller cannot even leave a voice mail. I also like having the ability to send the number a text saying "Your number has been blocked " like my Call Blocker Professional app does. I really hope BlackBerry didn't make the choice to not allow call blocker apps like Apple did.
    Agreed love call blocker pro on my BlackBerry OS7 9900 and it worked like a charm!

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 06:34 PM
    there going to be a call filter pro for the BlackBerry z10 when BlackBerry releases phone sdk.
    05-15-13 05:48 PM
    Thank you for the workaround to make an IGNORE contact with custom ring of "off". I am using that for now.

Though I do miss the old app I had on the Torch (which, btw, I thought was the best form factor ever and I don't know why it didn't catch on but hey that's just me) which was called something like Call Blocker and had the option to send unwanted callers a busy signal. It gave me a certain satisfaction to know that those folks peddling junk over the phone might get as frustrated trying to reach me as it was being reached by them. It also stopped "BLOCKED" numbers from getting through if I recall, which is ironic because my number is blocked :-)

Anyway, I am really enjoying the phone aspects of the Q10 a lot. It was easy to pick up the new habits.

The app I miss the most is the "Auto Forwarder" I had. It used the WiFi signal to automatically forward calls to my home and office landlines. The Droid has that app. Though I hardly use the Droid I carry it around and I hear it bling each time I drive near my home or office, or drive away, telling me it turned on/off the forward. This was one of the main reasons I also bought an HTC one at the same time I got the Q10. I wasn't sure I would like the Q10 and wanted ability to switch SIM chips back and forth. But so far, I really do enjoy this Q10 a lot. Its a good phone, if only it had more apps.
    07-10-13 02:41 PM
    there going to be a call filter pro for the BlackBerry z10 when BlackBerry releases phone sdk.
    When!?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 02:47 PM
    I've been a rogers cus for 25 years and I really am bothered by the marketing calls so I use to use call blocker pro where it just picked up and hung up the preset list of "deny" callers!

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 02:49 PM
    That's the problem now......you hav to release soon as Quick as possible
    10-22-13 09:32 AM
    Many carriers offer call/sms blocking services from their website. It would be on your account page.
    10-22-13 12:44 PM
    I have the Q10 and there is no such setting. I click the phone menu, swipe down and see the option for Clear Call Log and Settings. I select settings and I see; Call Audio, Holster, Voicemail, Bluetooth, Smart Dialing, Keypress Speed Dial, Call Summary, Hearing Aid Mode and TTY. There is nothing that says Call Block.
    11-08-13 11:52 AM
    I have the Q10 and there is no such setting. I click the phone menu, swipe down and see the option for Clear Call Log and Settings. I select settings and I see; Call Audio, Holster, Voicemail, Bluetooth, Smart Dialing, Keypress Speed Dial, Call Summary, Hearing Aid Mode and TTY. There is nothing that says Call Block.
    Wow maybe it has to do with service provider I'm using a Q10 and have 14 different options in the phone setting.

Posted via my Q10 | C00073083
    11-08-13 11:13 PM
    How can I download music or video in my blackberry Q10
    Call Blocker for Q10?"-img_00000324.png

Because when I tried download it just plas without download

Please I nid help
    [email protected]

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 12:07 AM
    Make sure you are not on wifi-calling, the setting only appears while on the cellular network

Posted via CB10 via Q10
    11-09-13 01:25 AM
    Many carriers offer call/sms blocking services from their website. It would be on your account page.
    Rogers Wireless has Rogers One Number and yeah you can create custom blocked calls lists and block anonymous or calls with no call id.

Posted via CB10 Q10 SQN-3 w/official 10.2.0.424
    11-09-13 04:25 AM
    Dear,

Does anyone has an idea or there is a call filter for the q10? I need it during night and in the early morning so that only a few people can reach me with important things. All the rest should be without sound?
    Any idea when this will be solved?

Regards!
    07-25-14 03:22 PM
26 12