Hi. I have searched and did not see any thread talking about this issue.

I am using multiple google calendars synced with my Q10.
    one account for my business to set up appointments with my patients in my main office, and another one for appoints in my second office, and the last one for my personal schedule..

Therefore, I easily have 20+ schedules with every 30 minutes interval / day.
    The problem is that some of the schedules often fails to show in my BB Q10.
    It was updated in my google calendar through computer at the reception desk, and my galaxy tab and other computers can see the changed schedule as soon as it gets updated, but not my Q10. This is very frustrating that I have to check my galaxy tab all the times just to make sure that I did not miss anything.
    BB Q10 was supposed be the ultimate business phone comparing to other platform, but not for me.
    I always have to carry my tab with me when I have to go out not to make a mistake.
    Before, my galaxy note was the only one that I would carry with me when I have to be out of my office.

Has anyone experienced this?
    I tried battery pull, and it fixes the problems for next couple days only.
    I tried to delete the account and re-insert, it also only fixes the problems for couple days only....

I mostly see the problems occurring with my main business account google calendar just because I update at least 30+ times/day for that account with rescheduling or so. other account, I probably have to update few times a day, and that's probably why I do not see others noticing this same problem.

I just can not keep this phone if this problem does not get fixed.
    (its better to carry my old galaxy note with me all the times than q10 + g-Tab all the times...)

any help will be appreciated!
    07-02-13 02:43 PM
    Hi. I have searched and did not see any thread talking about this issue.

I am using multiple google calendars synced with my Q10.
    one account for my business to set up appointments with my patients in my main office, and another one for appoints in my second office, and the last one for my personal schedule..

Therefore, I easily have 20+ schedules with every 30 minutes interval / day.
    The problem is that some of the schedules often fails to show in my BB Q10.
    It was updated in my google calendar through computer at the reception desk, and my galaxy tab and other computers can see the changed schedule as soon as it gets updated, but not my Q10. This is very frustrating that I have to check my galaxy tab all the times just to make sure that I did not miss anything.
    BB Q10 was supposed be the ultimate business phone comparing to other platform, but not for me.
    I always have to carry my tab with me when I have to go out not to make a mistake.
    Before, my galaxy note was the only one that I would carry with me when I have to be out of my office.

Has anyone experienced this?
    I tried battery pull, and it fixes the problems for next couple days only.
    I tried to delete the account and re-insert, it also only fixes the problems for couple days only....

I mostly see the problems occurring with my main business account google calendar just because I update at least 30+ times/day for that account with rescheduling or so. other account, I probably have to update few times a day, and that's probably why I do not see others noticing this same problem.

I just can not keep this phone if this problem does not get fixed.
    (its better to carry my old galaxy note with me all the times than q10 + g-Tab all the times...)

any help will be appreciated!
    Hi destiny.seeker--Welcome to the forums. I do not use Google calendar for anything nor do I know much about it, but I have learned from syncing with Outlook 2007 that when you first sync your calendar and contacts with BBLink (should be using version 1.1.1.32 that just came out) BBLink actually syncs all of your calendars from any source you are linked with on your Q10--like Facebook, Gmail, etc. In order to see all of your calendars, you need to have them all "Turned On". When you open your calendar application, it is actually (should say initially rather than actually) your "Local or Native" calendar, however that doesn't mean that your other calendars are not there (you may have add all three). When you open the calendar, pull down the top settings screen with the down swipe, and you will see a "calander page" that says "31" on it, and "manage" under it. If you click on it, you will see all the calendars you have linked with and you will need to "turn on" each calendar you want to see. When you sync, you will be syncing to your BBLink calendar but you will see it as well if its on. The only downside is that you will often times have duplicate calendar entries as you will have the BBLink calendar and your Google calendars. If you have already tried this, then I apoligize for wasting your time, but maybe it will help others. Remember you have to have you Gmail set up as your email account and client on your accounts for it to work. Really hope this helps you. Good luck.
    07-02-13 03:05 PM
    thanks for your reply go1ndr, but it is not the problem that I have.

Of course I can see my schedules on my Q10 since I already let the all calendars to be seen in the manage tab .
    and I dont want my BB Q10 to sync the calendars only when I connect my q10 to a computer with BB link.
    It should be synced spontaneously and instantly over the air with google calendars like other platforms do..

Well, Thanks for your kindness anyway.

hopefully, there is someone who had similar issues as me and resolved it already. :P
    07-02-13 05:03 PM
    Hi,

Have you tried setting up your google calendar through CalDAV?

I've posted some info on this thread which started off about how to sync contacts and I found a solution for calendar as well.

It might help?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...5/#post8750571
    07-02-13 05:42 PM
    Ok. I checked and tried ur suggestion,but the calendar was already added through dalcav.
    I just set the sync interval to 5 minutes hoping that at least it will get updated or synced within five minutes after the change is made from laptop on the reception desk.

By the way, does the calendar schedule change from labtop can not be updated promptly in BB? That really sucks! Coz my other android phones used to show any changes made from laptop on the phone in few second.

I will see how it goes this time, and hope that at least it does update the changes of calendar schedule in few minutes at least
    M
    Thanks

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 11:30 PM
    Ok. I checked and tried ur suggestion,but the calendar was already added through dalcav.
    I just set the sync interval to 5 minutes hoping that at least it will get updated or synced within five minutes after the change is made from laptop on the reception desk.

By the way, does the calendar schedule change from labtop can not be updated promptly in BB? That really sucks! Coz my other android phones used to show any changes made from laptop on the phone in few second.

I will see how it goes this time, and hope that at least it does update the changes of calendar schedule in few minutes at least
    M
    Thanks

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    If you make a change on your laptop or elsewhere and want to see it right away on your device just refresh your calendar, it pop up with in a minute. If not, then it will sync eventually. Vice versa for device to laptop.
    07-02-13 11:40 PM
    I have 15 calendars, between 2 google accounts, syncing to my Q10, and haven't been having any noticeable problems.

Maybe your Q10 doesn't have your gmail account(s) configured to sync the calendar(s) frequently enough?

* Swipe down from the top of the Home screen.
    * Select Settings.
    * Select Accounts.
    * Find your gMail account and select it.
    * Then select your Calendar "sub-account".
    * Scroll all the way down to the bottom where it says "Sync Interval". Sounds like you want this set to the minimum, which is 5 minutes.

Another thing you can do is swipe down from the top when you're in the calendar and click the Refresh to manually force it to update if you need it synced faster than 5 minutes. I just did a test on my laptop using Chrome to put a new entry in one of my google calendars. A force refresh on my Q10's calendar had the new entry showing up in about 1 to 2 minutes.
    07-02-13 11:40 PM
    Any joy? Has the 5 minute option sorted it - or the manual refresh?
    07-03-13 01:20 AM
    Any joy? Has the 5 minute option sorted it - or the manual refresh?
    I did what you and others suggested. (5 minutes sync option)

I should watch my calendars for next few days or so to make sure since it even seemed ok for few days after battery pull or 'deleting and re-adding accoung'.
    And about the manual refresh, i know that it does not fix the problems for sure.
    like I said, normally my google calendar sync fine for a while. And sometimes, I find out that some of the changes that I made on labtop 30-40 minutes ago does not show up on my Q10. and those dropped schedule does not get updated even with manual refresh when it happens.
    Strange enough, those schedule sometimes do not show on agenda view, but it shows in day view if I manually refresh it, or vice versa. I am pretty sure this has to be a bug since it does show in a different view.(I usually set my default view as 'Agenda')

I first noticed few weeks ago that the updated(changed) schedule did not show up on my Q10 through Agenda view. So, I checked it with 'day view' and it was there. So I pulled the battery the way I used to do with my pearl and curve long time ago. and it fixed the problems for few days until similar things happened again.
    So, I updated my Os to the newest one from this forum, and same thing happened again like a week later. That time, the updated schedule did not show up both on 'day' and 'agenda' view. I had to reset with battery pull, it fixed it for few days only again. It happened again and again, so I decided to ask here when it happened yesterday again. This time, manual refresh DID NOT work. schedules were not showing up both in 'Agenda' and 'day' view. (sometimes it shows only in one view, and not on the other view. There are some mixed patterns of similar problems)
    One thing I can tell is that it will eventually sync like within couple days or so, but not within couple hours or by manual refresh. and my schedules with patients can be changed like few hours before, and those changes fail to update me unless I pull the battery or re-add the account. and the Problem is that I do not even know whether the problem is happening to me or not when i am away from my office. -__-;;;;

Well, I re-added my account and set the refresh interval to 5 minutes now. hopefully it will do the job every 5 minutes at least.

Thanks for your help and kindness all, but it seems like I am th only one who is having this very 'weird' problem... :X

I will report you back as soon as it happens again, or in few days if it fixes the problem.

Harry_III_UK likes this.
    07-03-13 10:49 AM
    Sigh.... It is happening again starting from today.

I even upgraded my OS to the newest build from Verizone(10.1.0.4160) the day before yesterday.
    Today my schedule was so packed and my receptionist keep making changes on calendars, and I was being updated through my G-tab with notification on my desk.
    And I just wanted to check my Q10 is getting all the updates as well, so I checked it.
    the answer is "no....."

all the changes that are made through laptops are updated in my galaxy tab, galaxy note, other desktops, and Q10 in a 'day view'.
    However nothing was updated in 'agenda view' this time.

I set it to refresh every 5 minutes, and I even manually refreshed it. no changes being updated on agenda view.

So, basically my 'day view' shows the most updated schedules today as of 10 minutes ago while the 'agenda view' only shows the schedules of yesterday of early this morning (at least few hours ago..)

no one has noticed this? is it only me? I'm quite sure that should be a bug since it is happening to all Os versions with different google calendars even after security wipes..

Any help?

This is killing me. .. I might have to return to Android if this does not get sorted out.....
    07-05-13 10:55 AM
    Well... now it does not get updated with new changes in the calendar both in 'day view' and 'agenda view'.

I manually refreshed it, and it 'updated' only day view. but the agenda view still stays same with changes made few hours ago.

I should have call this probably "Agenda view bug in Calendar" since day view at least get updated with manual refresh.

I'm getting tired of this issue now.. I will go back to my galaxy note until this one gets sorted out.(but I highly doubt about it since it is not being reported by others at this point...)

I may switch back to Android if this issue still persist with 10.2 update. then, I will lose trust for bbry as an 'ultimate business tool' forever since it has very big two problems to become a business tool.

1. no email sync beyond 30 days... can not even look up the server for older mails.....(need to look up the emails all the times as referral while doing business)
    2. calendar update issue. it fails to update me changes made in reception desk for several hours at least.... I have to change the view and manually refresh it. What the **** is that?

iphone, android, palm pre, win 8..... and even old bbry such as curve and peral....... any gadgets that I have owned before did not have these problems.... sigh... big fail bbry.

I will jut give them one more chance with 10.2 update... if not, I am out of this world.
    not feeling to advocate for BB anymore...
    07-05-13 03:30 PM
    Clutching at straws to try and help you now - but I did find this:

David Jenkins Tech Geek Blog: Syncing Multiple Google Calendars with BlackBerry 10 devices (Z10 and Q10)

The author says:

"I tried various sync programs on my device, adding and deleting gmail account on my z10, trying activesync, Caldav etc and nothing worked.

The method which finally worked was to set up gmail as Caldav and then to go to:

https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect

and select all my calendars".

A straw - sorry - but hopefully!
    07-05-13 03:46 PM
    Sadly, Google doesn't offer any help for Blackberry here - but it may be worth a read of the info to be found at the following 2 URLs and see if you can get a workaround?

What is Google Sync? - Google Apps Help

https://support.google.com/mail/?rd=2#topic=2451730

Or - have you tried an Outlook dot com account and see if you are able to do it that way (I know this is not what you want).
    07-05-13 03:57 PM
    Clutching at straws to try and help you now - but I did find this:

David Jenkins Tech Geek Blog: Syncing Multiple Google Calendars with BlackBerry 10 devices (Z10 and Q10)

The author says:

"I tried various sync programs on my device, adding and deleting gmail account on my z10, trying activesync, Caldav etc and nothing worked.

The method which finally worked was to set up gmail as Caldav and then to go to:

https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect

and select all my calendars".

A straw - sorry - but hopefully!

Thanks for your kindness. This is so awesome forum with awesome people..but the BB is half success/half fail... ;;

I tried to re-add accounts and set it as Caldav, and when into the link to select all my calendars....(but its all crap calendars that I did not check before..... such as holidays of korea, holidays of Usa, birthday from contact.... etc... )
    But I tried at least hoping for some accidental solution...

I admit that BB 10 os is so great in terms of gesture and concepts comparing to other platforms.., but it is very rubbish..... lots of bugs here and there.... not like others... I know i know its not fair to compare this to other old matured Os....

But all I care when I buy new device is .... that it will do the job that I expect for a business tool.....
    had to be better in email and calendars at least than others....

my 2 cents.

Thanks again. hoping for the miracle
    Last edited by destiny.seeker; 07-05-13 at 04:48 PM.
    07-05-13 04:09 PM
    Sadly, Google doesn't offer any help for Blackberry here - but it may be worth a read of the info to be found at the following 2 URLs and see if you can get a workaround?

What is Google Sync? - Google Apps Help

https://support.google.com/mail/?rd=2#topic=2451730

Or - have you tried an Outlook dot com account and see if you are able to do it that way (I know this is not what you want).
    I am quite sure that the problem is on BB side, not on Google since it is not happening with any other platforms + the fact that I am having issues on agenda views almost all the times when it happens while 'day view' sometimes doesn't have that within BB platform.

So it should be the poorly coded calendar app.... in BB10.

funny thing is that it does not happen all the times either.
    I tried to reproduce this by constantly changing schedules on google calendar(about 15 or so...) and it only happened couple times out of 15 times.... which mean 13 of them got updated properly on my Q10 and only 2 of them dropped out.

Very weird.
    07-05-13 06:05 PM
    Worst-case scenario, you can go to calendar.google.com in the BlackBerry web browser to get a fairly nice-looking read-only agenda view.

It's not ideal, but it would be a workable stop-gap while continuing to try and figure out what's going on, especially if this is really the "only" issue you are having.

I have to admit, I'm perplexed since I've got a whole heapload of google calendars that are syncing just fine. So I'm holding out hope that there is still some yet-to-be found magic incantation to solve your problem. But I do understand your frustration!!

Posted via CB10
    Harry_III_UK likes this.
    07-08-13 05:37 PM
    Sigh.... It is happening again starting from today.

I even upgraded my OS to the newest build from Verizone(10.1.0.4160) the day before yesterday.
    Today my schedule was so packed and my receptionist keep making changes on calendars, and I was being updated through my G-tab with notification on my desk.
    And I just wanted to check my Q10 is getting all the updates as well, so I checked it.
    the answer is "no....."

all the changes that are made through laptops are updated in my galaxy tab, galaxy note, other desktops, and Q10 in a 'day view'.
    However nothing was updated in 'agenda view' this time.

I set it to refresh every 5 minutes, and I even manually refreshed it. no changes being updated on agenda view.

So, basically my 'day view' shows the most updated schedules today as of 10 minutes ago while the 'agenda view' only shows the schedules of yesterday of early this morning (at least few hours ago..)

no one has noticed this? is it only me? I'm quite sure that should be a bug since it is happening to all Os versions with different google calendars even after security wipes..

Any help?

This is killing me. .. I might have to return to Android if this does not get sorted out.....
    Wow!! I had certainly hoped this would have been solved by now. This is not a trivial issue for a business user!
    07-08-13 06:27 PM
    This is still perplexing me, since I've got a pretty involved calendar syncing setup, yet am not having such problems.

Since I came from a 9900 that didn't support secondary calendars, I had to make multiple gmail accounts to sync to the 9900 all as their primary calendars. Since switching to the Q10, I was able to move all those events back into secondary calendars, though haven't deleted these extra gmail accounts -- so theoretically I would be able to attempt to setup an exact duplicate scenario as you're dealing with, and test and see what I'm doing differently to make it work versus how you have it setup... and / or also test some possible alternate methods.

I'm not sure if you've already said so (brain kinda spins when I try to go back and pick through everything above LOL), but could you tell me (again?) exactly what the situation is you are dealing with?

You initially said "I am using multiple google calendars synced with my Q10. one account for my business to set up appointments with my patients in my main office, and another one for appoints in my second office, and the last one for my personal schedule.."

So do you then have THREE gmail accounts, each with a primary calendar? And then you have all three gmail accounts setup on your BB to sync email, calendar, and contacts? Do the people who help manage your appointments just log in to these individual gmail accounts, or do they have their own gmail accounts and the calendars are shared with them? If you do have 3 accounts, are you using them just for calendars? Or do you also use them all for email and contacts?

Or instead of three separate gmail accounts, do you have one gmail account, with a primary calendar, and two secondary calendars, and you've setup sharing to other people?

And are you having the problem with all three calendars? Or just one of them? Which one? Is it a primary or a secondary?

And when you setup the accounts, did you do the standard Add Account, then select "Email, Calendar, Contacts" and then just type in your gmail address and go from there, telling it to sync email, contacts, and calendar(s)?

Or did you go into Advanced Setup and select gMail and go from there?

Or did you go into Advanced Setup and select CalDAV then setup only the calendar and not the rest of the gmail stuff?

I'm pretty sure you have indeed tried a few different ways, but since I'm not sure if you're dealing with three accounts, or just one, I'm a little fuzzy on things.

Thanks.
    07-08-13 09:12 PM
    have been trying for a month to sync to Google calendar. Went to BB help site and they said everything was set up and it should connect. The BB sync app does not work. Chronos Calendar which does sync to google is not available for BB. HELP...will have to change to an iPhone if I can't get it to work with my business calendars.
    07-09-13 10:59 AM
    have been trying for a month to sync to Google calendar. Went to BB help site and they said everything was set up and it should connect. The BB sync app does not work. Chronos Calendar which does sync to google is not available for BB. HELP...will have to change to an iPhone if I can't get it to work with my business calendars.
    Theoretically, except for those of us with multiple gmail accounts and/or multiple secondary calendars on the accounts, the process of getting google mail / calendar / contacts is supposed to be mostly straightforward on BB10 (but not in OS7). If you have multiple calendars in the same account, you need to login to google from your desktop computer and go here first: https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect (ignore the fact that it says "iphone") so you can tell google what calendars you want sync'd to mobile.

When you add the account, whether you have a business account or a "regular person" account matters. Active Sync doesn't seem to be supported for "regular people". I have a "regular" account, and on my Q10 used the standard "Email, Calendar and Contacts" option to add my google account. When you get to the last step, there are sliders asking if you want to sync email, contacts, and calendar. I set them all to "on". That was it. There is no separate app or anything to make it all work for BB10.
    07-09-13 12:55 PM
    I just had the same issue where I lost and missed important calendar appointments and events!?!? What gives!?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 01:38 PM
    Admittedly, I'm on outlook.com rather than google or gmail, but yesterday I had a week's worth of appointments disappear from my Q10. When I logged onto outlook.com, the appointments were still there. Frustrating & annoying.
    07-09-13 02:24 PM
    I just had the same issue where I lost and missed important calendar appointments and events!?!? What gives!?
    My cynical answer is "Google is intentionally screwing-over Blackberry". After Google's stunt last year to disable the calendar sync feature all us BB folks were all using on our OS7 devices to sync multiple calendars, I really would not be surprised to find out the don't-be-evil-well-ok-maybe-just-a-little-but-shhh-don't-let-anyone-find-out folks at google are going out of their way to make things difficult / unstable for syncing to BB10 devices. (Not that we'd ever be able to prove they are doing so...)
    07-09-13 02:27 PM
    It's ridiculous and I'm not happy about that! I nearly threw my BlackBerry out of my 15th floor offie Window! Seiously!?!?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 04:09 PM
    My cynical answer is "Google is intentionally screwing-over Blackberry". After Google's stunt last year to disable the calendar sync feature all us BB folks were all using on our OS7 devices to sync multiple calendars, I really would not be surprised to find out the don't-be-evil-well-ok-maybe-just-a-little-but-shhh-don't-let-anyone-find-out folks at google are going out of their way to make things difficult / unstable for syncing to BB10 devices. (Not that we'd ever be able to prove they are doing so...)
    It's interesting you specifically mentioned BB10 devices. I have noticed not all appointments, etc. sync from Google to my Q10 (just got it about a month ago). However, my PlayBook seems to have all of my appointments from the Google calendar, along with the iPad.
    11-08-13 10:22 AM
29 12