Hello CB citizens,
    Just wanted to share my experience of buying Blackberry from Blackberry.
    So, I was planning to buy a Q10 from WIND outright when they had the sale (it was 350 for Q10) and i missed the sale while i was getting the money. After 5 minutes of thinking i decided to buy it directly from BB. In general, when i buy my devices i choose to ship it to my workplace, this way i am able to spent almost all day playing with my new device while doing some of the work I should be doing. So I placed the order with shipping address different than billing, verified that I have enough money on my credit card and hit the button. Right away i am getting an email with confirmation of the order, but couple of hours later i get the "order cancelled" email.
    To save you all from the number of the F*** words i shouted in Digital River address, i would just say, that it took couple of dozens of emails, 3 calls to VISA to verify the transaction and 3 phone calls to BB support (Digital River) to hear from Account Supervisor in Digital River that my transaction was marked as suspicious because i asked to ship the order to the address different than billing address.
    At the end they manually put another order and now I'm waiting for Q10 to arrive.
    I wanted to know if someone had the same type of experience of dealing with Digital River? By the way, if you take first 2 letters of Digital River, one can interpret DR as disaster recovery - that is what I'm doing after talking with them.
    04-17-14 10:11 AM
    Sorry to hear... if shipping to an alternate address is an "issue" why do they even have it as an option?

I know that Microsoft uses a company called Digital River to handle their software purchases.... I've never had an issue with any of those purchases.
    04-17-14 10:21 AM
    The software you can download, but i puchased a Q5 from Koodo and Z30 from Rogers and they shipped it where i wanted without asking questions.
    I think Blackberry should train there storefront people on proper customer service and managing customer relations
    04-17-14 10:26 AM
    Was the office address setup with the credit card company first? If it wasn't, you will have great difficulty paying with a credit card and having the item shipped to an address not associated with the credit card. It has been this way since the beginning of credit cards and has just got more automated (address verification and order rejection) in the digital age.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 11:40 AM
    Was the office address setup with the credit card company first? If it wasn't, you will have great difficulty paying with a credit card and having the item shipped to an address not associated with the credit card. It has been this way since the beginning of credit cards and has just got more automated (address verification and order rejection) in the digital age.

Posted via CB10
    The thing is that the office address is not a billing address but Canadian carriers didn't care much about it. The absurd in the situation is that when I want to buy a device from BB directly it is harder than from some company that did not want to sell Z30 at the beginning...
    04-17-14 12:12 PM
    They're terrible.

I can pretty much guarantee that the device you will receive WON'T be unlocked and you'll see the carrier that it's locked to printed on the Packing List slip, under Material Description.

They've cancelled my orders too without reason, said my Z30 was out of stock when it's shown as in stock.... BlackBerry needs to dump them.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 10:49 PM
    Nope I ordered mine 2 weeks ago personal credit card, shipped it to the office. So the addresses were different, no problems.

Posted via my Q10
    04-18-14 09:25 AM
    Nope I ordered mine 2 weeks ago personal credit card, shipped it to the office. So the addresses were different, no problems.

Posted via my Q10
    You were lucky
    Regarding tha original matter, the second order was shipped and expected to arrive on Monday. I will for sure keep you all updated on my experience with these guys.
    04-18-14 12:27 PM
    They're terrible.

I can pretty much guarantee that the device you will receive WON'T be unlocked and you'll see the carrier that it's locked to printed on the Packing List slip, under Material Description.

They've cancelled my orders too without reason, said my Z30 was out of stock when it's shown as in stock.... BlackBerry needs to dump them.

Posted via CB10
    It will take a lot of money to find new partner or to develop their own structure
    04-18-14 12:30 PM
    It will take a lot of money to find new partner or to develop their own structure
    They actually changed parners at least once. When the PlayBooks went on sale during the US Thanksgiving a few years back, the shop BlackBerry store was run by a different third party. The stories were similar to the Digital River complaints.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    04-18-14 12:44 PM
    Finally got my Q10 and waiting to get home. Ordered BB hard shell for the phone because of added screen protector and the feel of the case.
    Need recommendations for a holster...
    04-21-14 03:03 PM
    Finally got my Q10 and waiting to get home. Ordered BB hard shell for the phone because of added screen protector and the feel of the case.
    Need recommendations for a holster...
    Just get the OEM leather one. The Q10 in the hardshell or soft-shell case fits perfectly in it.

I have a brand new, unwrapped one for sale on ebay for $15. They're normally $39.99 on Shop BlackBerry or $31 from CrackBerry.

Blackberry Q10 Leather Holster | eBay
    04-21-14 06:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    In December, I ordered a Z10 ($200 deal) on my Canadian credit card shipped to an unregistered US address. Other than taking longer than two days to ship, no issues in that transaction. From the stories we read here, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for the way DR does things.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 07:59 PM
    And I am already started to save for November phones. Loved the bold 9700 and Torch 9800.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    04-21-14 08:12 PM
    Digital River is ****.

I had a similar experience. I paid for overnight shipping and it's been a week - no phone.

The whole experience has really soured me on BB. What a piece of crap delivery service.
    Last edited by 221b; 06-09-14 at 10:53 PM.
    06-09-14 10:42 PM
    I hear you... ! But I still going to buy Q20 from BlackBerry directly. I don't have the money for contracts. As soon as I sign, they start with billing mistakes. At least here in Canada.

Posted on CB10 via Amazing BlackBerry (don'care which BlackBerry as long as it is BlackBerry)
    06-10-14 06:52 AM
    My order went smoothly. It was the shipping that rubbed me the wrong way. FedEx signature required. FedEx tries to do residential delivery in the middle of the day. And they won't come back in the evening. They missed the wife on their second attempt on her half day Friday. Of course they had came even earlier. She left a note. Missed them by five minutes. FedEx says they can't contact their drivers. Oh well Sat morning was a trip into town to pick it up.

Lesson learned. When we order the next one (wife wants one now), we will have it shipped to her office. Unless they start using UPS.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 09:01 AM
    It is recommended this way. It happened to me couple of times when I was ordering accessories from CB. I always try to ship it to office address. The most obvious advantage to it is that I get to play with what I ordered couple of hours earlier than I am getting home.

Posted on CB10 via Amazing BlackBerry (don'care which BlackBerry as long as it is BlackBerry)
    06-10-14 01:46 PM