I went from droid to q10 to classic, classic is better, screen is responsive and bigger, it's noticeable, and the battery is better. Q10 is nicer to hold, I'd go classic.

Posted via CB10
    Pir4t3 likes this.
    02-02-15 06:00 AM
    Given the fact my company provided me iphone 6. I cannot leave my q10 behind, despite that my sprint contract has ended. Since my job gave me this iphone, all free data unlimited hot spot. Theres no need for me to open a new contract with them. Anyways, q10 may have small screen, but it competes very well. The compact size is just awesome. Responding to emails with q10 is a beast, fast and accurate. You will love the q10. Thats for sure..
    Pir4t3 likes this.
    02-02-15 06:59 PM
    i bought my Q10 initially as a 2nd phone *traded my 9700 on it. my primary - an iPhone 5s.
    since then i swapped phones so the Q10 - daily driver and the iPhone for multimedia.

i dont side load and use the Q10 for what its good for - communication. talk, sms, email, linkedin, twitter (no fb) if your looking at multimedia experience on the Q10 then you may be disappointed.

last saturday i bought the Classic outright.
    but as with my 9700, i love the Q10 and its weird using the trackpad again.

the classic is running 10.3.1 and the Q10 is on 10.2.1 - soon to be updated (officially)
    being similarly specced i suspect that blackberry will continue to support these devices.

Hi.
    i'm willing to buy Q10 in the next month " feb " , what do you think ? is it a good idea ?
    i have now moto g and i want a qwerty keyboard and q10 will be my first bb mobile

do you think i should wait and get classic or just buy the q10 ?
    and the most important thing !!! the support
    is blackberry like android after a year they will not support the device anymore ??
    if yes , is there any developers that can update the system like android ??

Thank you.
    Pir4t3 likes this.
    02-03-15 01:55 AM
    Couldn't have said that better now Mr Chen is also here n he's the right man for the job. Any ways BlackBerry has been around for years now n is definitely here to stay. Give sometime like the end of this year by 2016 I am sure every second phone will be a BlackBerry like b4.

Posted via CB10
    Pir4t3 likes this.
    02-03-15 04:50 AM
    I was going to ask the same question! Good to know that blackberry will brinf support to the q10, I was a hard BB user, sincw 2008 to 2012, then I change to Android (Moto X 1st Gen and now a Moto X 2nd gen) bit I need somethings to do forma work and I don't want my personal stuffs mix with my work!! So i was wondering if it was a good idea to purchase a Q10, it's good to ser that is worth it!!!
    Pir4t3 likes this.
    02-03-15 03:21 PM
    I've owned a Q10 for 16 months.
    It depends upon what you primarily use the phone for, as to whether you'll be happy with it.
    As a device, I really like the phone.
    I use the phone for my business and I don't need a lot of real estate for a screen.
    But, I have a love/hate relationship with the OS.
    Obviously you want the phone for the keyboard which I really like on the phone.
    Unlike all touch screen phones, with the Q10 and I assume the Classic, we have one touch speed dialing.
    As a contractor, I find that indispensable, esp. while driving.
    On the Q10, Typing a capital letter inside of a sentence just requires holding the key down for a second longer.
    The predictive text when typing, is second to none. Nobody beats BlackBerry on that!
    But when it comes to editing, it can be finicky and moving the editing ring around (or trying to) lacks the accuracy and speed of a track pad.
    I'm assuming that the Classic's track pad has the same efficiency as the Bold 9900 does.
    The Browser is fast.
    But the battery drains quickly if you leave app frames open. Esp. The Browser.
    On more than one occasion, I've had a full battery drain to 10% in a little over two hours because I forgot to close that frame (although I did leave three other apps open too).
    3rd party apk apps are often very slow to load and often unreliable.
    Ex. Square Register credit card reader app is slow to load and after swiping a card, has frozen up half a dozen times on me and not completing the transaction.
    I now have to carry an iPhone for credit card payments, because I can't rely on the Q10.
    Unlike every other phone on the market, Calendar dates are not kept for more than 30 days on BlackBerry OS 10 smartphones.
    Also Contact Groups on your phone have to be built manually, because they don't sync from your computer.
    When you restore the phone from a backup, your 3rd party apps won't be there, because they don't get backed up and you have to re-download them.
    Same with Contact Groups (you have to manually rebuild them).
    Which brings me to the last part of your post.
    BlackBerry support.
    BlackBerry knows about these last three issues that I just mentioned, yet in two years they haven't fixed them.
    The participants in BlackBerry's own "help" forums told me "good luck getting BlackBerry to listen to you".
    Unless you can get escalated to a Tier 2 tech, the phone help can sometimes be sketchy to totally bogus (like telling me that because I'm on a Mac, I have "to use iCloud to sync my Calendar").
    If you can get to Tier 2 though, then your with the wizards.
    And don't let Tier 1 tell you that Tier 2 is no longer available and that they have to email them and then email you back.
    I got that one once and it was completely false.
    As far as help after one year, forget about that.
    You're often times better off coming here.
    Yesterday I couldn't send emails and because phone support vanished ages ago, nowhere online could a find a knowledgeable person with a solution. Just a lot of people wanting to be helpful and offering unproven operations as solutions.
    As far as updates to the OS, I've been waiting over a year for an official release of OS 10.3!

Posted via Q10 CB10
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 02-03-15 at 09:19 PM.
    Pir4t3 likes this.
    02-03-15 08:58 PM
    Just checked my battery after writing that post.
    Was at 88% when I started and now it's at 29%.
    I only had the browser and CB10 open.

Posted via Q10 CB10
    Pir4t3 likes this.
    02-03-15 09:23 PM
    Have just got one more q10 with an Arabic kB from dubai. It's awesome 5th q10 of mine love it had the PP but gave it back as I couldn't get a decent cover for it which was of my choice. Pickn one more PP or classic.

Posted via CB10
    Pir4t3 likes this.
    02-05-15 08:35 PM
    I was using a Q10 for about 2 weeks. Really enjoyed it and loaded most of the Android apps that I have on my Moto X 2014 except for ones that required google play services. I like the fm radio and the form factor. Battery like wasn't that much better than the Moto x which was surprising. However now I'm waiting for the OS update as I want to use blackberry blend. With chrome extensions I can already do sms and see who's calling on my Moto X from my laptop. So it will be interesting to compare with the q10. Right now I'm back on the Moto x as some of the Android apps on 10.2.1 just don't work right or not at all and the notification system just doesn't work that well. If you like notifications you won't get them the same as in Android. I am so tempted to sideload 10.3.1 for the newer Android runtime and bb10 features.
    02-05-15 11:45 PM
    Just got my 5th q10 from dubai with the Arabic kB. Q10 is an awesome device it's a power horse but the real feel of power lies with the passport(have used one n it's awesome) use it to knw wht I am saying.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 11:48 PM
    Get the classic!!!!

| bER1Nry | on the |  Q10 |
    02-06-15 07:54 AM
    Just got my 5th q10 from dubai with the Arabic kB. Q10 is an awesome device it's a power horse but the real feel of power lies with the passport(have used one n it's awesome) use it to knw wht I am saying.

Posted via CB10
    Why is this your 5th Q10? are you braking them or something I've had my 1st for almost 2 years and no problems. This phone is not easily broken.

| bER1Nry | on the |  Q10 |
    02-06-15 07:55 AM
    I've owned a Q10 for 16 months.
    It depends upon what you primarily use the phone for, as to whether you'll be happy with it.
    As a device, I really like the phone.
    I use the phone for my business and I don't need a lot of real estate for a screen.
    But, I have a love/hate relationship with the OS.
    Obviously you want the phone for the keyboard which I really like on the phone.
    Unlike all touch screen phones, with the Q10 and I assume the Classic, we have one touch speed dialing.
    As a contractor, I find that indispensable, esp. while driving.
    On the Q10, Typing a capital letter inside of a sentence just requires holding the key down for a second longer.
    The predictive text when typing, is second to none. Nobody beats BlackBerry on that!
    But when it comes to editing, it can be finicky and moving the editing ring around (or trying to) lacks the accuracy and speed of a track pad.
    I'm assuming that the Classic's track pad has the same efficiency as the Bold 9900 does.
    The Browser is fast.
    But the battery drains quickly if you leave app frames open. Esp. The Browser.
    On more than one occasion, I've had a full battery drain to 10% in a little over two hours because I forgot to close that frame (although I did leave three other apps open too).
    3rd party apk apps are often very slow to load and often unreliable.
    Ex. Square Register credit card reader app is slow to load and after swiping a card, has frozen up half a dozen times on me and not completing the transaction.
    I now have to carry an iPhone for credit card payments, because I can't rely on the Q10.
    Unlike every other phone on the market, Calendar dates are not kept for more than 30 days on BlackBerry OS 10 smartphones.
    Also Contact Groups on your phone have to be built manually, because they don't sync from your computer.
    When you restore the phone from a backup, your 3rd party apps won't be there, because they don't get backed up and you have to re-download them.
    Same with Contact Groups (you have to manually rebuild them).
    Which brings me to the last part of your post.
    BlackBerry support.
    BlackBerry knows about these last three issues that I just mentioned, yet in two years they haven't fixed them.
    The participants in BlackBerry's own "help" forums told me "good luck getting BlackBerry to listen to you".
    Unless you can get escalated to a Tier 2 tech, the phone help can sometimes be sketchy to totally bogus (like telling me that because I'm on a Mac, I have "to use iCloud to sync my Calendar").
    If you can get to Tier 2 though, then your with the wizards.
    And don't let Tier 1 tell you that Tier 2 is no longer available and that they have to email them and then email you back.
    I got that one once and it was completely false.
    As far as help after one year, forget about that.
    You're often times better off coming here.
    Yesterday I couldn't send emails and because phone support vanished ages ago, nowhere online could a find a knowledgeable person with a solution. Just a lot of people wanting to be helpful and offering unproven operations as solutions.
    As far as updates to the OS, I've been waiting over a year for an official release of OS 10.3!

Posted via Q10 CB10
    Ok, so a few things that I don't agree with on your post, maybe I can help?

I have also owned the Q10 for a little over a year and I too have a love/hate relationship with it.

My complaints are the battery dies around 1 in the afternoon, yes my days do start early, about 5am and I am a very heavy user. My battery dies fast compared to my 9780. However, this phone can do so much more and does have a lot larger screen/more functions.

I also use my Q10 for all of my business functions, (small business owner)

What square app version are you running currently? I have 4.14.3 and mine never freezes or lags. Maybe you just need an update? Hope that helps.

Also for the Calendar, maybe I misread your post but are you saying that the BlackBerry 10 Calendar does not keep dates for more than 30 days?

If so this is FALSE! My Q10 has dates all the way back to the beginning of last year, I keep my past appointments forever.

Like I said hope this helps and I'm not trying to come off as rude, just giving my input

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 08:37 AM
    It's cheap. I still use my Q10.
    It does its purpose.
    02-06-15 03:03 PM
    This being my 5th q10 as I had trouble with 2 of them for the dd typn issues. One was given in family and the other one sold as that had fallen a couple of times from my hand very drastically. Now this one is brand new will keep it till I take a classic or a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 09:23 PM
    Ok, so a few things that I don't agree with on your post, maybe I can help?

I have also owned the Q10 for a little over a year and I too have a love/hate relationship with it.

My complaints are the battery dies around 1 in the afternoon, yes my days do start early, about 5am and I am a very heavy user. My battery dies fast compared to my 9780. However, this phone can do so much more and does have a lot larger screen/more functions.

I also use my Q10 for all of my business functions, (small business owner)

What square app version are you running currently? I have 4.14.3 and mine never freezes or lags. Maybe you just need an update? Hope that helps.

Also for the Calendar, maybe I misread your post but are you saying that the BlackBerry 10 Calendar does not keep dates for more than 30 days?

If so this is FALSE! My Q10 has dates all the way back to the beginning of last year, I keep my past appointments forever.

Like I said hope this helps and I'm not trying to come off as rude, just giving my input

Posted via CB10
    Hi. Thanks for your reply Blue Scoot.
    I have the. 275 version of Square Register and it freezes when a card is swiped.
    Although I haven't tried it lately, because it isn't worth the chance that it won't work again. The customer doesn't know for sure that they're not paying twice and it also looks unprofessional.
    The native Calendar app only keeps dates for 30 days (not 31) and BlackBerry is aware of this and has no plans to fix that or the Contact Groups sync in the near future.
    And I'm not switching to Outlook.
    If your native Calendar is retaining dates indefinitely, you're lucky.
    Today, I once again, had to drive back to my office to look up info that was in my Calendar from December.
    Today I realized that I could literally lose an account because of delayed timing in contacting them.
    Below are screen shots of my Calendar dates. Notice when the Jan. dates are blank (31 days or more from today's date)
    Buying Q10-img_20150206_230541.pngBuying Q10-img_20150206_230548.pngBuying Q10-img_20150206_230554.png

Posted via Q10 CB10
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 02-07-15 at 11:22 AM. Reason: image inclusion
    02-07-15 12:53 AM
    Hi. Thanks for your reply Blue Scoot.
    I have the. 275 version of Square Register and it freezes when a card is swiped.
    Although I haven't tried it lately, because it isn't worth the chance that it won't work again. The customer doesn't know for sure that they're not paying twice and it also looks unprofessional.
    The native Calendar app only keeps dates for 30 days (not 31) and BlackBerry is aware of this and has no plans to fix that or the Contact Groups sync in the near future.
    And I'm not switching to Outlook.
    If your native Calendar is retaining dates indefinitely, you're lucky.
    Today, I once again, had to drive back to my office to look up info that was in my Calendar from December.
    Today I realized that I could literally lose an account because of delayed timing in contacting them.
    Below are screen shots of my Calendar dates. Notice when the Jan. dates are blank (31 days or more from today's date)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150206_230541.png 
Views:	241 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	332387Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150206_230548.png 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	332388Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150206_230554.png 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	332389

Posted via Q10 CB10
    what Email service do you use on your Q10? Do you have aol or gmail? i have both on my phone and they synch up with my email. Maybe this is why mine don't expire after 30 days? That way when you log into aol.com you can look at your calendar and all the appointments with that calendar are there.

Maybe give that a try and hopefully it will work, I know it can be a pain carrying around 2 or more phones/devices for business. Good luck and keep us posted, I would like to see this resolved.

Also I think buying a new battery would help to keep the Q10 charged more of the day. I'm going to get the Q10 charger/battery bundle for now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    02-07-15 04:55 PM
    My email is via the company that hosts my website.
    Although I don't see the connection to syncing iCal on my Mac with the BlackBerry Calendar.
    These issues don't exist with the Bold 9900.
    Why would they make the abilities of those apps shallower in OS10, is puzzling (to put it politely).
    If one cannot use their phone in a spontaneous situation, to secure an account, because their "smartphone" automatically deletes pertinent information, then the phone becomes a liability, instead of an asset.
    To my knowledge (and I've asked around), BlackBerry OS10 is the only phone OS with these issues.
    OS10.1 as much as I hated it, provided the Q10 with an unbelievable battery life.
    I keep a car phone charger with me, which has saved me when the battery drained.
    Also, there are times when a customer wants to run a CC change in excess of 10K. Imagine wanting to get paid and being unable to take the payment.
    Square just put out a new update yesterday. Let's see what happens.
    Posted via Q10 CB10
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 02-07-15 at 07:54 PM.
    02-07-15 07:36 PM
    I've had a Q10 since it launched in Canada. No double typing issues and zero other issues, still runs great. I would suggest a Passport over anything, but the Q10 is still a great device. You might want to consider a Classic too.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 02:45 AM
44 12