Often after I tap "Select More" to try and delete emails from a device that already is slow to delete and requires one more step to delete emails than the 9900, the emails that I have selected get deselected and I have to start over again on the Q10. This is so frustrating! This seems to occur:

(1) when a new email arrives while I am selecting the emails to be deleted; or (2) if i accidentally touch the bottom of the screen. I suspect there are more occasions, but these two are bad enough. How could they have released such a flawed device?
    08-23-13 07:07 AM
    Often after I tap "Select More" to try and delete emails from a device that already is slow to delete and requires one more step to delete emails than the 9900, the emails that I have selected get deselected and I have to start over again on the Q10. This is so frustrating! This seems to occur:

(1) when a new email arrives while I am selecting the emails to be deleted; or (2) if i accidentally touch the bottom of the screen. I suspect there are more occasions, but these two are bad enough. How could they have released such a flawed device?
    How does it require more steps than the 9900? Long press on the date bar in the message listing, delete all prior. This would be the equivalent of mass deleting Emails.

If you dont want to delete all of them, what OS are you using on your device? Is it a leak or the build from your carrier?
    pkcable likes this.
    08-23-13 10:09 AM
    I'd be happy if they'd fix the delete prior function. every build that I've tried to date intermittently fails to fully delete all items. Sometime it does, but most times nothing is deleted or all but a few items. My guess that this feature isn't used enough by most to warrant fixing, but when I get slammed with 100+ SCOM emails, it would be nice to be able to cleanup my inbox quickly. Better if there was a Move all prior option, but if they'd fix "delete all prior" I'd settle for that.
    gReG sKi1 likes this.
    08-23-13 10:17 AM
    As a follow up, tested this in the 10.2 releases and I do not have any of the issues described. It will not come out of that select more window until I hit one of the buttons (cancel, delete, etc)
    08-23-13 10:17 AM
    I'd be happy if they'd fix the delete prior function. every build that I've tried to date intermittently fails to fully delete all items. Sometime it does, but most times nothing is deleted or all but a few items. My guess that this feature isn't used enough by most to warrant fixing, but when I get slammed with 100+ SCOM emails, it would be nice to be able to cleanup my inbox quickly. Better if there was a Move all prior option, but if they'd fix "delete all prior" I'd settle for that.
    Works beautifully on mine. I get no less than 800 emails a day and I delete folders at a time based on this feature.
    08-23-13 10:18 AM
    strenght in numbers Ninja I love and use the Delete Prior function every morning as I like to start my day with a fresh canvas if you will and because I am super important and dont's want to have more super confidential super important email on my device in case it falls in the hands of the evil duers than necessary I just delete yesterdays email each day
    08-23-13 10:58 AM
    How does it require more steps than the 9900? Long press on the date bar in the message listing, delete all prior. This would be the equivalent of mass deleting Emails.

If you dont want to delete all of them, what OS are you using on your device? Is it a leak or the build from your carrier?
    08-23-13 11:30 AM
    I don't know how they designed and released such a flawed device. The bulk delete function, something so central to heavy emails users, is such a hassle/pain. I typically wake up with 50-100 emails coming in overnight. Maybe I want to actually ready 10% of them? So, I have delete the rest. This used to be so quick and easy: just hold down the delete button and messages would delete in machine gun succession. Now, it's a race to see how many messages I can tap and highlight before a new messages comes in, because if that happens, it interrupts the process and erases all the messages I have highlighted...so, I have to start all over again.

I'm down to trying to erase about 20 messages at a time. Maybe about half the time, I get through that process of selecting and highlighting 20 messages to delete and pressing the good old trash can before an inbound message wipes everything out and I have to repeat the process. Not a very good experience.

Then, there's the basic reality that the mere process of deleting once I push the trash can takes longer -- like so many functions on this device -- not sure what the device is doing/thinking while it's deleting, leaving you in limbo, unable to do anything else while this is occurring.

The whole thing is frustratingly painful...especially when they had such a good standard with previous devices.
    09-23-13 10:44 AM