I am checking this with BT (in UK) but just wondered if anyone has experienced difficulties here. I have a long experience of BlackBerry and have never experienced this problem prior to switching to Q10.

Every approx half day or more I get error: Account info needed - your login information for POP server mail.btinternet.com has changed or is incorrect

Re-inputting password sometimes corrects this sometimes not

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    07-26-13 11:27 AM
    I am checking this with BT (in UK) but just wondered if anyone has experienced difficulties here. I have a long experience of BlackBerry and have never experienced this problem prior to switching to Q10.

Every approx half day or more I get error: Account info needed - your login information for POP server mail.btinternet.com has changed or is incorrect

Re-inputting password sometimes corrects this sometimes not

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Have you recently updated your OS? Did you do a restore to add that account?

Try deleting the account all together and readding the account.
    07-26-13 11:31 AM
    If I remember correctly, when setting up tethering, a warning popped up saying that after a certain amount of time something like that would happen for security purposes.

The same would hold true whether using BT or Wireless.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 12:12 PM
    If I remember correctly, when setting up tethering, a warning popped up saying that after a certain amount of time something like that would happen for security purposes.

The same would hold true whether using BT or Wireless.
    Posted via CB10
    We are talking about BT as in British Telecom, not bluetooth.
    07-26-13 02:41 PM
    We are talking about BT as in British Telecom, not bluetooth.
    Whoops, my bad.

Cranky
    07-26-13 04:24 PM
    I am having the same issue! All my other email addresses are fine
    07-26-13 07:11 PM
    I am experiencing the same problem with my Blackberry Z10

Anne
    07-27-13 09:40 AM
    I am getting similar notifications at least once a day. I have a Yahoo account and an AT&T email account, I get the account info needed for both. I'm still receiving my emails properly.

At first I tried to re-validate the accounts.
    Then I changed my passwords then re-validated the accounts.
    I've deleted the accounts and set them up again.
    Now I just delete the notifications.

Never had this issue before. Any ideas whats going on?

I'm with AT&T on a Q10!
    07-27-13 06:36 PM
    I see that there a couple of UK BT (yes that was called British Telecom once) BlackBerry OS10 users with the same problem. But the suggestion to delete account and then create new account does not work. Anyone aware of an issue specifically to do with BlackBerry OS10 smartphones and BT Internet (also called Yahoo)?

Thanks for any advice
    07-30-13 12:18 PM
    My BT Internet email works fine on my Z10.

Here are a few things you could try from this thread - http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=767517

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 01:02 PM
    My BT internet emails been fine on the Q, but had issues with one of my other accounts, something to do with a roaming smtp.
    check the settings youve gone through too, they are all explained much better than i can in the thread linked above!!

also, what OS are you on??? mine stopped doing it so much on the latest few leaks,
    07-30-13 02:56 PM
    I had the same issue, it was driving me mad also.

It turns out that BTINTERNET is changing how / where you have to log on / in.

You need to go to BT.com and change your password for your existing email accounts and then add the new password to your BB.

Should solve it.
    08-02-13 09:26 AM
    I was able to stop getting the notifications.

After looking into the settings (on my Phone Q10) for my yahoo account I found that you have to validate your e-mail, calendar, and contacts separately. Since I already sync my contact and calendar with a different email program I just deleted the entries for calendar and contact sync. Problem solved. I still get my emails and no more daily notifications about my account password.

I did this over a week ago no have not seen the notification again. Hope this helps.
    08-07-13 02:24 PM
    Hi, I have just received my 2nd Q10 in 10 days. 1st one was faulty. Today I am having massive issues with Btinternet accounts. Its a business phone and I need to add btinternet.com. Vodafone absolutely useless in assisting with this. Called Blackberry head office UK and was put through to a very nice lady somewhere in Europe who has been trying to assist me for over an hour. Still emails not working.
    I have been trying since 10am this morning to remove and re add 2 email accounts with the same response. It works in the first instance and downloads all emails, then nothing. Few minutes later get this message "Could not connect to server, please check settings". Then we remove emails and add again and get another 80 odd emails of the day and then it stops working. We have removed SMTP's and POP and added different ones and still nothing.

I have been a BB user for 10 years since the 1st BB came out and have always been very happy with them. This one is a disaster. Some one PLEASE help!!
    08-22-13 04:07 PM
    My BT Internet email works fine on my Z10.

Here are a few things you could try from this thread - http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=767517

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the link, the contributions here helped solve the issue.

There seems to be several routes to fixing this, if its a BT Internet account make sure you go to Advanced Set up and select "Yahoo!" when choosing the provider email account, this worked for me.

Posted via Z10 on CB10
    10-04-13 01:11 PM
    I had this problem but the guy at the Bell store figured it out for me:

>Settings
    >Accounts
    - Under accounts you will likely find you have more than one account for the same email address. Delete the additional (non-functioning accounts).

And Boom! All done!
    01-23-15 09:44 AM