I have cleared my browser history, the cookies, the cache everyway possible and yet when I start typing on the home page browser links from months & years ago still appear. How do I get these delete?
    12-31-15 09:57 AM
    I have cleared my browser history, the cookies, the cache everyway possible and yet when I start typing on the home page browser links from months & years ago still appear. How do I get these delete?
    With all History deleted in Browser, if you start to type something in the slot for web address or such, it will pull up a list of your Bookmarks, those will be prefixed by a star icon. To delete those you will need to clean up your Bookmarks.
    But if you are seeing stuff other than that, like old search key words or such, try this:
    1. Deleted your current History in the Browser, wait until the pop up says Browser History Deleted. If you navigate away from the History page before you see that pop up, the history will not be deleted.
    2. Close the Browser.
    3. Go Settings/BlackBerry Assistant.
    4. Scroll down to the bottom.
    5. Is Save Your Usage History turned ON? If so, turn it off and/or tap Delete Your Usage History.

See if that helps.
    12-31-15 12:31 PM
    Thanks. I have a Q10. Not sure if that will help. Unfortunately I've done all that you suggest. But the problem occurs when not in any application. When my phone is just up and I start typing, as if I'm looking for a contact. That's when the search is conducted and it allows you to pull from contacts, audio browser, text messages, messages etc. For some reason it is holding on to certain browser pages from months ago, some as old as May 2014.
    12-31-15 12:41 PM
    Thanks. I have a Q10. Not sure if that will help. Unfortunately I've done all that you suggest. But the problem occurs when not in any application. When my phone is just up and I start typing, as if I'm looking for a contact. That's when the search is conducted and it allows you to pull from contacts, audio browser, text messages, messages etc. For some reason it is holding on to certain browser pages from months ago, some as old as May 2014.
    Hum.... the Usage History switch and/or Delete should clear that out.
    If you tap the Device Search Settings within the BlackBerry Assistant settings, you can turn off/on the various locations and apps it will look in.
    Maybe go through there and see if there is some old app/location listed that may be holding on to the data.
    12-31-15 12:52 PM
    Great! That made it go away. Unfortunately when I turn the topic/location back on its still holding those links from long ago. But this will suffice for the time being.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    12-31-15 01:00 PM
    What are you thoughts on a full security swipe? I don't have any pics, videos that aren't already backed up. And I don't have any apps.
    12-31-15 01:26 PM
    What are you thoughts on a full security swipe? I don't have any pics, videos that aren't already backed up. And I don't have any apps.
    Security wipes on the newer OS versions have been know to take horribly long times to complete, sometimes a week.
    It's better to use an Autoloader to re-install your OS, as it will basically wipe the data also but does it extremely fast.
    Look for your OS here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rchive-943672/
    How To guide here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-927076/
    needhelp83 likes this.
    12-31-15 01:33 PM
    well, I went for the security swipe and luckily it only took 8 min. previously when I checked for software updates it said I had the most updated version which I knew was wrong bc I was only running 10.1. Now I'm waiting on 10.3 to download. Thanks for all your help.
    12-31-15 01:55 PM
    well, I went for the security swipe and luckily it only took 8 min. previously when I checked for software updates it said I had the most updated version which I knew was wrong bc I was only running 10.1. Now I'm waiting on 10.3 to download. Thanks for all your help.

Yeah 10.1 the wipe is very fast.

EDIT:
    I guess I should also warn you about 10.3.2.xxxx OS.
    While is does bring an extremely large set of new options and abilities to the table, plus the ability to run Android apps on your device, any OS 10.3.2.500 or higher will also add the Anti-Theft function to BlackBerry Protect.
    While it is very good to have, it does lock your device to the 10.3.2.xxxx OS versions.
    Meaning that if for some reason you would wish to roll back to 10.1, you will not be able to.
    One thing to consider.

Still, I think it is worth it and you will enjoy the new functionality of your Q10.
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 12-31-15 at 03:15 PM.
    needhelp83 likes this.
    12-31-15 02:59 PM