Hey, I was just at a T-Mobile store trying out a Q10 and decided to see if you can still type out a web address in the browser's address bar without having to press alt-M to insert the periods in the web addresses. On my bold 9900 the space bar will insert the periods automatically while typing out a web address. Well, they didn't have a network set up so it would always go to a default t-mobile page, but I didn't notice it entering the periods for me while typing it... Did they take that feature out or would it work if there would have been a network?? Any Q10 owners could chime into this? Thanks.
    06-05-13 09:32 AM
    Alright, I saw another T-Mobile store on the way to work so I dropped by. This time they had a Blackberry rep there showing off the Q10, and his had a network. So I can confirm that sadly the shortcut is gone. Another thing I found annoying is that when in the camera app and you take a few photos, when you click the picture to view it, you can't swipe left and right to view the other pictures you have stored like you could on previous BB devices. I never understand the reasoningbehind removing useful features... I hope they fix both of these issues with a future update.
    06-05-13 10:03 AM
    Uh, I have a Q10 and I'm able to insert periods by double tapping the space bar- not that I need to as there's an on screen option for appending .com, .org etc to the url...

Posted from Q10
    06-05-13 10:08 AM
    Well on my 9900 I don't need to do either of that. I'm well aware of the double space bar thing to enter periods. That works while typing too, except that also inserts a space after the period, which is not needed in a web address. Right now typing out an address is as easy as www amazon com[ENTER]. No need to move my fingers from the keyboard to press an extra button on the screen and then back on the keyboard to press enter. Or having to press the spacebar twice with every period. Some addresses have multiple levels all separated by periods, that's a lot of unnecessary double clicking of my space bar. One reason I like having a physical keyboard on my BB is because of the efficiency of all of these little things. The one-button speed dialing from the home screen, and the accuracy of the typing. It looks like they removed 2 of the 3 things that make having a keyboard so great. I know this can always be added later via an update so it's not a deal breaker for me, but I really do hope it is fixed...
    06-05-13 10:31 AM
    If you type a url with spaces instead of periods, pressing enter will perform a text search. But, the url is suggested at the top of the screen - you have to reach up and tap it.

As for the pictures swiping, it works for me...!?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 12:16 PM
    You don't need the dot.
    It will suggest the address with dots after typing. See Screenshot.
    Browser address bar space bar for period shortcut gone??-img_00000195.png

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    06-05-13 12:47 PM
    It is odd that it doesn't do that. If you are in a place where you have to type in an email address, the space bar will enter the @ and the . for you. So mail domain com will correct to [email protected].

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 03:54 PM
    You don't need the dot.
    It will suggest the address with dots after typing. See Screenshot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000195.png 
Views:	242 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	168638

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Ah, I'm used to it automatically selecting the web address for you so all you have to do is hit enter. I guess I'll get used to touching the web address after typing it...
    06-08-13 11:06 AM
    It is odd that it doesn't do that. If you are in a place where you have to type in an email address, the space bar will enter the @ and the . for you. So mail domain com will correct to [email protected].

Posted via CB10
    I forgot to test that, thanks for saying it is still there. :-)
    minigrrl likes this.
    06-08-13 11:06 AM
    If you type a url with spaces instead of periods, pressing enter will perform a text search. But, the url is suggested at the top of the screen - you have to reach up and tap it.

As for the pictures swiping, it works for me...!?

Posted via CB10
    About the pictures, it works if you hit the preview from the camera app? I don't know why it wasn't doing it for me...
    06-08-13 11:07 AM
    About the pictures, it works if you hit the preview from the camera app? I don't know why it wasn't doing it for me...
    Yes it does, provided you have multiple pictures

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 06:47 PM
    Congrats on the win btw
    06-12-13 08:07 PM
    Yes it does, provided you have multiple pictures

Posted via CB10
    Oh ok, cool. The guy at the store seemed like he couldn't get it to swipe away from that picture it was on. I guess maybe he was swiping the wrong direction...
    06-12-13 08:27 PM
    Congrats on the win btw
    Geez, they didn't give away the diamond studded one, Crackberry sucks, I hate this place!!

LMAO!! JUST KIDDING!! Thanks dude, yah, I'm pretty psyched...
    06-12-13 08:28 PM