Guys I'm SO SAD.

My (supposedly) brand new Q10 arrived a couple of hours ago and IT WON'T TURN ON!

This was to be my first Blackberry device so I have no idea what to do. Before I start raging at the seller... Can someone PLEASE HELP ME?

I'm getting a mixture of red flashing light, orange charging light, keyboard backlight and complete unresponsiveness when I try to either charge it or turn it on.
    09-10-14 01:29 AM
    Get your money back

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    09-10-14 01:31 AM
    Where did you get it from?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 01:32 AM
    Have you tried to remove the battery and put it back in? Tried to boot it up without a SIM and microSD card inserted?
    Does,your desktop computer or laptop recognizes the Q when you connect,it?

Personally I'd return,it and get another unit. It sucks for sure but such things unfortunately happen with every brand of smartphones.
    zombiecupcake likes this.
    09-10-14 02:05 AM
    Almost sounds like the screen is dead, but I could be wrong.

Definitely contact the seller

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 06:32 AM
    Have you tried charging it?
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    09-10-14 07:48 AM
    I'm really sorry to hear that - hopefully you get things sorted out. As previously suggested, remove the battery, sim and microSD cards, plug into your computer and see if it's detected by Link (you'll need to install Link first). If that works, (unplug) and put your battery in, plug it into the charger and see what happens.
    You could always try to reload the OS using link - several tutorials on here somewhere. Or if it's easy enough, return the unit for a new one?
    09-10-14 09:19 AM
    Claim warranty. Get new device. Check before use

White z10
    09-10-14 01:30 PM
    Hello everyone. Sorry for my late reply... I didn't get any notifications about replies to my thread.

When I had it I did a grand old Google and tried everything. Reloading it with BB Link (which interestingly said at first that it wasn't a BB10 device), I tried restarting without the battery, SIM, SD card and all that.

THE VERDICT IS that I emailed the online store I bought it from (there is NOWHERE in Australia to get a Blackberry anymore... very sad) and they're sending out a replacement. They let me know this morning that they received my DOA device and verified that it is in fact bullock'd.
    09-15-14 10:12 PM
    Hello everyone. Sorry for my late reply... I didn't get any notifications about replies to my thread.

When I had it I did a grand old Google and tried everything. Reloading it with BB Link (which interestingly said at first that it wasn't a BB10 device), I tried restarting without the battery, SIM, SD card and all that.

THE VERDICT IS that I emailed the online store I bought it from (there is NOWHERE in Australia to get a Blackberry anymore... very sad) and they're sending out a replacement. They let me know this morning that they received my DOA device and verified that it is in fact bullock'd.
    Can we get notifications on CB? As I know we have to keep checking this update on participated thread in forum.

White z10
    09-15-14 10:21 PM
    You can click on a little box in the thread to get notified. I think you have to be logged into a computer to do so

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    09-15-14 10:24 PM
    Notifications... I meant emails. I can't wait to try out CB when my new Q10 arrives (hopefully Thursday). There will be much pictures and celebration when it does. ^_^
    09-15-14 10:37 PM
    It's HERE! It's HERE!! IT FINALLY ARRIVED AND IT IS BEAUTIFUL!! *Gasp* it's so smooth! And fast!! Tooooooooooooooooootally worth the wait!!
    09-22-14 07:59 PM
    Me too! My screen has now gone dark.

It would seem the phone is working as Link recognises the phone, the keyboard lights up and sometimes the red light appears. Nonetheless, this is the second phone and combined with the keyboard issues and other quirks along the journey, I am becoming very frustrated with BB.

As a long time BB user, I must admit, OS aside as 10 is very good, the hardware has many serious QC issues. I am fearful of what the backup Z30 will do now that I have use it as an everyday phone . . . As I am traveling in a country with no BB support, the phone will have to languish.

Based on my experience with the BB10 hardware, I WON'T be rushing out to purchase the Passport or the PD - let someone else deal with the foibles for a year or 18 months.
    10-01-14 04:15 AM
    Much sadness
    But that's not as uncommon as you think. I used to work in an Optus shop and I've seen a couple of people, one with an iPhone and two with S4s, that no matter how many warranty replacements they received they always got a shoddy one.

It sucks that it happened to you with a Blackberry though. I didn't see enough of them come through to accurately judge their quality.
    10-01-14 04:31 AM
    Sadness and frustration.

Ignoring the fact the Q10 is arguably BB's most iconic phone, for a company struggling QC should be absolutely critical. In my small circle of early adopters and BB10 users no one has had a trouble free ride. ALL of us had to replace keyboards, screens, etc. It is fortunate everyone is a long time BB user, both loves and desires the product, and is, at least for now, willing to endure with the quality issues.
    10-01-14 05:08 PM