I am one of those people who are holding out for the Q10, but I am also apprehensive about the fate of a ton of widescreen apps.

So in the spirit of BrainStorming, I came up with a possible solution.

Use HDMI output to use apps that would otherwise be incompatible with the Q10 due to its screen resolution.

Connect your Phone to a TV/Monitor Via HDMI, the Screen is mirrored, but the Apps which could Benefit from a larger screen recognise the HDMI connection and prompt the user to allow for a full screen resolution on the TV. The only difficulty would be in trying to achieve a workable solution on how to interact with the app.

Ideal Situation would be the following
    Q10 App recognises HDMI and goes Full-screen on the TV.
    The Screen of the Q10 now only displays the control elements. (like a zoomed view of Only the Sling in Angry Birds)

Secondary Solution
    Q10 App recognises HDMI and goes Full-screen on the TV.
    The Screen of the Q10 now Displays the Entire App but its Scrollable since it doesn't fit the screen OR the Entire app is squeezed and displayed in a letterbox format with black bars.

I know this is far from an all encompassing solution, but at-least it could work for a handful of apps. Sometimes that's you need.
    03-28-13 05:08 AM
    The vision expressed by Thor is that you only carry around a single device that, when placed in a dock, connects to a screen, keyboard, mouse and the like. For me, that means your dream will most definitely come true. Maybe a developer can check if a Q10 app also packs the resources (especially pictures) defined to use with the Z10 into the .bar file. That'd be a pretty solid indication.
    03-28-13 09:22 AM
    The vision expressed by Thor is that you only carry around a single device that, when placed in a dock, connects to a screen, keyboard, mouse and the like. For me, that means your dream will most definitely come true. Maybe a developer can check if a Q10 app also packs the resources (especially pictures) defined to use with the Z10 into the .bar file. That'd be a pretty solid indication.
    The latest API allows deva to deploy assets for multiple screen resolutions that are selected automatically by the system at run time.

Posted via CB10
    sbndrf likes this.
    03-28-13 02:44 PM
    If I have to be tethered to use an app, I'll just use my notebook or pc. Doing all of that defeats the purpose of a mobile device in my opinion.
    8lackberry8 likes this.
    03-28-13 03:52 PM
    I think it would be interesting to see the phones screen go blank and it then becomes a surface for your finger to be a sort of mouse. So therefore you have the good keyboard and track pad and your big screen
    Last edited by last_attempt; 03-28-13 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Clarity
    CRJDRIVER likes this.
    03-28-13 05:12 PM