SO my boss gifted me a Gold Q10 . I am a first time BB user . Coming from Nokia e72 . I was gonna get me a Classic ,but have to settle with this .

I am finding it very hard to use though and the battery life is not as greeat as my e72 .

ANy calibration needed ? or any tips how to use the phone for newbies with shortcuts and all ?
    02-23-15 05:21 AM
    I would do a fresh install of the latest OS... there are directions on how to on this site
    02-23-15 06:05 AM
    You can find app specific shortcuts right besides the option listed in the menues. Within the Hub for example hit the three dots and you'll see besides Compose there is a little "c" and besides Search you'll see an "s". These are some shortcuts. In the CB10 app for CrackBerry for example you can hit Alt+P on the forums mainpage to check participated topics or Alt+M on the frontpage to mark everything read.

It takes some time getting used to such a new OS, feel free asking for help around here.

Also the battery usually needs some settling in, keep an eye on it for the next few days. If it doesn't get better provide us with screenshots from your device manager.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 06:13 AM
    I would do a fresh install of the latest OS... there are directions on how to on this site
    new here . please guide me where it is .

btw wont i get it OTA for latest 10.3.1 ?
    02-23-15 06:44 AM
    the update will be dependant on your carrier I believe... and no.... I aint gonna hold your hand through the process bro....
    02-23-15 07:10 AM

You can send me your Gold Q10 and ill make sure everything is taken care of...seeing how you're "new here"

Trust me.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    letrantrung likes this.
    02-23-15 07:21 AM

Updating to the latest software OS is easy to do, but may take some time, so it's best not to be in a hurry. First, go to your device's Settings menu. You can get there by going to the first page of app icons, swiping down from the top edge of the screen to get to the quick settings menu, and then tapping the "settings" button to get to the system settings menu.

After you tap the settings button to get to the System Settings menu, scroll down to the "Software Update" button and press it. Follow directions there to update to the latest version of the OS!
    02-23-15 08:07 AM
    Updating to the latest software OS is easy to do, but may take some time, so it's best not to be in a hurry. First, go to your device's Settings menu. You can get there by going to the first page of app icons, swiping down from the top edge of the screen to get to the quick settings menu, and then tapping the "settings" button to get to the system settings menu.

After you tap the settings button to get to the System Settings menu, scroll down to the "Software Update" button and press it. Follow directions there to update to the latest version of the OS!
    is there a way to do this offline by downloading the file on computer ? i dont have good wifi
    02-23-15 09:15 AM
    You can send me your Gold Q10 and ill make sure everything is taken care of...seeing how you're "new here"

Trust me.

that is so helpful of you . please send me your address so I can send you my Gold Q10
    02-23-15 09:15 AM
    is there a way to do this offline by downloading the file on computer ? i dont have good wifi
    Sure. You can download and use an autoloader of the OS version that you want to put on your Q10. If you search this forum, you'll find links to autoloaders for the latest OS versions and you'll find tutorials on how to use autoloaders to update your Q10's OS.
    02-23-15 09:27 AM
    that is so helpful of you . please send me your address so I can send you my Gold Q10
    1600 Pennsylvania Ave
    Washington DC 20006

Attention President Frank Underwood

chaihg likes this.
    02-23-15 09:58 AM