Blackberry X10 screen part-70c494c2jw1e08c1bcfu2j.jpg
    3,2 "?
    12-27-12 02:29 PM
    I just looked at my Torch; this screen seems to be a bit wider. I'd say 3.5in.
    12-27-12 03:57 PM
    I fooled around with some graphics program yesterday, measering screensizes from the pic where all of the three devices are shown. It is not easy to do, since all screens are turned of and image quality is poor. You can't really tell the screen areas very good. However it *seems* like the Nevadas screen really is ~3.2" when compared to the London.
    12-27-12 04:04 PM
    Damn, i'm hoping its just a dev c part. I realy don't like the design of the leaked pictures.
    12-27-12 04:15 PM
    Damn, i'm hoping its just a dev c part. I realy don't like the design of the leaked pictures.
    I guess we should wait for higher quality pictures. The reactions when the first "L" pics were leaked were quite similar: People were worried and disliked what they saw. The recent, high-quality pictures made most people settle down and look forward to the device.
    12-27-12 05:16 PM
    I just looked at my Torch; this screen seems to be a bit wider. I'd say 3.5in.
    Nope, we already know it'll be around 3.1 or 2, 720x720...
    anon(5506951) likes this.
    12-27-12 05:59 PM
    I just drew out a 3.2 inch screen on a piece of paper and guesstimated the dimensions of the rest of the phone to it. If the size of the phone is anything compared to my guesstimated drawing, it's gonna be huge a huge phone.

But man would I love a 3.5 inch screen on it
    12-27-12 06:58 PM
    Nope, we already know it'll be around 3.1 or 2, 720x720...
    Has it already been confirmed the N will have 720x720 at the end of the day? The L always was said to have a 1280x720 resolution, however it appears the final hardware got buffed up to 1280x768.
    That still makes me wonder wether the Nevada will also get buffed to 768x768 or not. RIM said they choose that original 720x720 to better match the full-touch resolution and therefore make it easier to develop for both kind of devices. However if now both types turn out to have completely different numbers for their screen resolutions, the original plan would be gone.
    12-28-12 02:52 AM
    L-Series didn't get 'buffed up' to 1280x768. RIM decided to standardize the resolution at a width of 720 after the 1280x768 screens for the L-Series were already procured.

Has it already been confirmed the N will have 720x720 at the end of the day? The L always was said to have a 1280x720 resolution, however it appears the final hardware got buffed up to 1280x768.
    That still makes me wonder wether the Nevada will also get buffed to 768x768 or not. RIM said they choose that original 720x720 to better match the full-touch resolution and therefore make it easier to develop for both kind of devices. However if now both types turn out to have completely different numbers for their screen resolutions, the original plan would be gone.
    12-28-12 04:51 AM
    I still need to see it in action because I don't see how the gestures will work well on the X10 because there's just a few mm between the keyboard and the bottom of the screen. If RIM goes for gestures on the all touch model and shortcuts on the QWERTY model, they might as well hang a "Liquidation Sale! All Assets Must Be Sold! Nothing Held Back!" sign on all the buildings and close up shop. BB 10 will be an epic fail if one set of users must learn one method for navigating their device and another set of users must learn a different method.

Don't get me wrong, Keyboard shortcuts NEED to be there for the power users, but they have to have one consistent method of navigating the UI and I really don't see how to use peek on that device without wearing the paint off the G, H, T and Y keys.
    12-28-12 06:47 AM
    I really don't think its that serious.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    12-28-12 06:56 AM
    I just drew out a 3.2 inch screen on a piece of paper and guesstimated the dimensions of the rest of the phone to it. If the size of the phone is anything compared to my guesstimated drawing, it's gonna be huge a huge phone.

Don't forget the ratio of the screen has changed, this phone is going to have similar dimensions to a 9900.
    12-28-12 04:32 PM

can u post the drawings would like to get an idea of that size
    01-04-13 04:07 AM
    I'm still liking it, I think it's a great looking device
    01-04-13 07:14 AM
    Are my eyes deceiving me or is there a slight curvature at the bottom?
    01-05-13 05:01 AM
    Are my eyes deceiving me or is there a slight curvature at the bottom?
    No problem with your eyes here, there indeed is a slight curve at the bottom. Which is rather strange, because it is at least not clearly visible on the device preview leaks.
    01-05-13 07:36 AM
    No problem with your eyes here, there indeed is a slight curve at the bottom. Which is rather strange, because it is at least not clearly visible on the device preview leaks.
    Do I dare hope that the keyboard will in fact be curved?!?!?

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    01-05-13 09:05 AM
    It just registered that the front glass/digitizer is separate from the display. This could mean the display is "recessed" which means internal reflections, reduced transmittance, glare, and wash out at off angles, etc. Sure, it's also more more reparable as you wouldn't need to replace the entire display assembly if the glass cracks, but the benefits of fusing the parts is quite tangible. Hopefully the London (not calling it z10) is different.
    01-07-13 06:55 PM
    It just registered that the front glass/digitizer is separate from the display. This could mean the display is "recessed" which means internal reflections, reduced transmittance, glare, and wash out at off angles, etc. Sure, it's also more more reparable as you wouldn't need to replace the entire display assembly if the glass cracks, but the benefits of fusing the parts is quite tangible. Hopefully the London (not calling it z10) is different.
    Mostly all capacitive phones are like that, with the digitizer being a separate layer over top of the actual LCD. There are some exceptions like the Super AMOLED display where the digitizer is integrated with the display.
    01-07-13 07:14 PM
    Mostly all capacitive phones are like that, with the digitizer being a separate layer over top of the actual LCD. There are some exceptions like the Super AMOLED display where the digitizer is integrated with the display.
    I'm aware. It's just that after growing accustomed having images appear as though they're painted on the glass, using panels with separate digitizers is a little jarring. Fortunately, it seems the London has a fused digitizer, so that's more incentive for me to get it instead.
    01-07-13 09:45 PM
    Maybe they are trying different approaches with the keyboard...curve, straight, straight, curve. PoTato, PotAto.
    01-09-13 12:18 PM
    It seems the X10.
    01-10-13 02:31 AM
    It seems the BlackBerry X10 parts.
    01-10-13 02:32 AM
    Do I dare hope that the keyboard will in fact be curved
    Probably not much to no chance of that, we have already seen multiple completed models without a curved keyboard whereas this is just one part.
    01-10-13 06:37 PM
    I'm still liking it, I think it's a great looking device
    do you really think so.... it's not ugly, but it's over thaught and over done. where is iconic BB essence in it.
    01-12-13 11:57 PM