My 3 weeks old brand new q10 on 3g network gets really warm when fairly in use. When I'm surfing it gets hot. When I'm on apps it get hot. Pls help

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 01:49 PM
    Warm.... might just be normal.

My Z10 always got a little warm when browsing using cellular. Not so much with WiFi, but a little.

Got down right hot if I was using navigation.
    07-07-16 01:59 PM
    Go to Security - App Permissions - find all that use Run When Minimized by selecting that. Turn off Run When Minimized for all but essential apps. Problem solved.
    07-08-16 04:45 AM
    Thanks for the tip...I didn't know about this...
    07-08-16 10:38 AM
    Go to Security - App Permissions - find all that use Run When Minimized by selecting that. Turn off Run When Minimized for all but essential apps. Problem solved.
    That only helps if you actually have a bunch of minimized apps running. Frankly you shouldn't have them running at all - close them.
    07-08-16 10:41 AM
    Part of the difficulty is that sometimes you don't know that they are still running. Android social media programs are real hogs for battery and CPU and these are often the culprits for draining battery and processing power.
    07-08-16 01:28 PM
    Part of the difficulty is that sometimes you don't know that they are still running. Android social media programs are real hogs for battery and CPU and these are often the culprits for draining battery and processing power.
    That has nothing to do with run while minimized.
    07-08-16 01:49 PM
    there used to be the option to not allow apps to run in the background, so I thought that the "run when minimised" option on the new OS update was the same thing... I'm guessing this is not?
    However, once I did turn off all the "run when minimised" my phone stopped getting so hot and the battery is lasting longer.
    07-12-16 12:45 AM
    there used to be the option to not allow apps to run in the background, so I thought that the "run when minimised" option on the new OS update was the same thing... I'm guessing this is not?
    However, once I did turn off all the "run when minimised" my phone stopped getting so hot and the battery is lasting longer.
    First off, headless mode is a very specific type of app, has to be programmed with BlackBerry as a participant, and is almost always a native app.

Second, an Android app has three states:

-open
    -minimised (active frame)
    -closed

If the app is open, it is running.

If the app is minimised to an active frame, it only runs if you allow it with the "run when minimised" toggle.

If the app is closed, IT DOES NOT RUN (caps for clarity - I'm not yelling, lol)

An Android app can set a trigger in the Android Runtime, which may wake its service for a brief moment to perform some task like syncing data, but then it closes immediately afterwards.

When a task manager is run, you will only see Android apps listed because an event has been triggered and they will waken. They will close again when the task manager is closed.
    mh1983 likes this.
    07-12-16 09:50 AM
    First off, headless mode is a very specific type of app, has to be programmed with BlackBerry as a participant, and is almost always a native app.

Second, an Android app has three states:

-open
    -minimised (active frame)
    -closed

If the app is open, it is running.

If the app is minimised to an active frame, it only runs if you allow it with the "run when minimised" toggle.

If the app is closed, IT DOES NOT RUN (caps for clarity - I'm not yelling, lol)

An Android app can set a trigger in the Android Runtime, which may wake its service for a brief moment to perform some task like syncing data, but then it closes immediately afterwards.

When a task manager is run, you will only see Android apps listed because an event has been triggered and they will waken. They will close again when the task manager is closed.
    Excellent explanation, thanks, conite!
    07-12-16 01:18 PM