Q10 and Classic here. Both amazing even in 2017
    Praganad likes this.
    04-18-17 11:53 AM
    Classic
    04-18-17 12:00 PM
    daily driver is the Q10 hands down, more efficient, better communication, surprisingly more active with social media, and all without using any android apps, strictly BlackBerry world

Posted using a VeryBold BlackBerry Q10
    04-20-17 11:25 AM
    Well said!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    04-20-17 01:07 PM
    I have two Q10 backups and plan to stick with a Q10 for a VERY long time.

. . . . . Pete
    04-20-17 02:03 PM
    I honestly think that I'll be using my Q10 for literally years!

I know I will. I have a stock of Q's and can not see me switching for some time. No, for quite some time, far in the future.
    Praganad likes this.
    04-21-17 09:47 AM
    I know I will. I have a stock of Q's and can not see me switching for some time. No, for quite some time, far in the future.
    That's awesome! Wish I could have a stock of Q10s In fact I wish I had one of those blue Q10s in my collection.

04-21-17 10:07 AM
    my Q10, i can do anything, even watching my videos, so great! it's a powerful machine...

 Q10 ™
    04-23-17 09:48 AM
    Q10 and Classic here. Both amazing even in 2017
    absolutely ™

 Q10 ™
    04-27-17 11:54 PM
    I just wish that BlackBerry had given the Passport the full pkb! Besides that I think it's supposed to have a slightly snappier CPU, I have big hands so the Q10 is a bit smaller than I'd like. But since it isn't then I guess I'll just keep chugging along with my Q10 as the best choice for my needs.

04-29-17 05:30 AM
    That's awesome! Wish I could have a stock of Q10s In fact I wish I had one of those blue Q10s in my collection.

The Blue is beautiful. I bit the bullet and threw my SIM into it. Currently using it now.
    05-02-17 06:30 PM
    I think it more points to how powerful the herd instinct is! With a few exceptions most users are sheeple. Meaning that they remain passive while they get fleeced!
    The is particularly true of IPhone group.
    05-06-17 01:54 PM
    I think it more points to how powerful the herd instinct is! With a few exceptions most users are sheeple. Meaning that they remain passive while they get fleeced!
    The is particularly true of IPhone group.
    Well said! I have always been partial to the meme that WEB Griffin has at least one character say in most of his novels. "The true test of a man's intelligence is judged by how closely his ideas agree with yours. While partially intended as sarcasm nonetheless it's a very human tendency! ;-)

05-12-17 06:28 PM
    Scubafan, just curious as to why you didn't make the move to the Classic. You mentioned in an earlier post that the Q s little small. You may have addressed this on another post.
    05-12-17 09:08 PM
    Well, I actually was very excited when the Classic was first being discussed, but before it was even released I had to give up on the physical "end call" button I missed so much from my 9000 and also on all prior Palm Treos & Treo Pro, and the tiny bit bigger display was attractive to me as well. What killed it for me is the hardwired battery. I'm a heavy user in town and when out of town even more so! So I discovered after less than a year that the OE BlackBerry battery is good for the 1st few hundred cycles and then it starts to take longer to charge but the real issue is that they stop holding a charge as long. With my Q10 it's not a big deal, I can get BlackBerry OE batteries for under $13 easily and have seen sales with them under $8! So I always keep a spare ready to unwrap and pop in. I also used to carry 2 spares for long trips so instead of being stuck to any kind of charger I simply swap it out and I'm ready for another 6-8 hours of heavy duty usage! So unless the classic has some exotic (and totally different kind of) battery I already know that in about a year I'll be needing to shell out far more than $8 to fix it. And since I often drive hundreds of miles from major cities I'll also face the very strong likelihood that I won't find anyone who either stocks affordable batteries but more importantly, knows how to properly do the surgery! I don't travel with the kind of specialized tools needed and can't afford the long down time without my primary business tool while I try to figure out the repair.

Believe me, the lack of a viable upgrade path is frustrating! And I never looked to see if the passport has a fixed or removable battery mostly because of the keys I'd miss from the odd pkb. Funny thing is, while others complain about the passport being too big for one hand use, I doubt that would ever come up ;-)

Thanks for an intelligent response, though! I appreciate it when people don't try to be jerks just because they can. You took the time to make a well reasoned suggestion, since you had no idea about my battery concerns. Have a good one, TTYL!

05-14-17 06:51 AM
    Well, I actually was very excited when the Classic was first being discussed, but before it was even released I had to give up on the physical "end call" button I missed so much from my 9000 and also on all prior Palm Treos & Treo Pro, and the tiny bit bigger display was attractive to me as well. What killed it for me is the hardwired battery. I'm a heavy user in town and when out of town even more so! So I discovered after less than a year that the OE BlackBerry battery is good for the 1st few hundred cycles and then it starts to take longer to charge but the real issue is that they stop holding a charge as long. With my Q10 it's not a big deal, I can get BlackBerry OE batteries for under $13 easily and have seen sales with them under $8! So I always keep a spare ready to unwrap and pop in. I also used to carry 2 spares for long trips so instead of being stuck to any kind of charger I simply swap it out and I'm ready for another 6-8 hours of heavy duty usage! So unless the classic has some exotic (and totally different kind of) battery I already know that in about a year I'll be needing to shell out far more than $8 to fix it. And since I often drive hundreds of miles from major cities I'll also face the very strong likelihood that I won't find anyone who either stocks affordable batteries but more importantly, knows how to properly do the surgery! I don't travel with the kind of specialized tools needed and can't afford the long down time without my primary business tool while I try to figure out the repair.

Believe me, the lack of a viable upgrade path is frustrating! And I never looked to see if the passport has a fixed or removable battery mostly because of the keys I'd miss from the odd pkb. Funny thing is, while others complain about the passport being too big for one hand use, I doubt that would ever come up ;-)

Thanks for an intelligent response, though! I appreciate it when people don't try to be jerks just because they can. You took the time to make a well reasoned suggestion, since you had no idea about my battery concerns. Have a good one, TTYL!

I agree. I can't believe they didn't put a removable battery in the Classic or put a toolbelt on the Q. A couple of good phones with some just-misses.
    05-14-17 10:45 AM
    I agree. I can't believe they didn't put a removable battery in the Classic or put a toolbelt on the Q. A couple of good phones with some just-misses.
    I can't believe that BlackBerry somehow missed creating the ideal BlackBerry in the entire string of BB10 phones they put out. It wasn't that hard as they had the formula already in the form of the Bold.

Q10 with track pad would have done it for me. Or a smaller Classic with removable battery. I thought about the Classic until I realized it was the same size as my Z30 which is definitely NOT pocketable!
    05-14-17 11:47 AM
    daily driver is the Q10 hands down, more efficient, better communication, surprisingly more active with social media, and all without using any android apps, strictly BlackBerry world

Haha just last week I was chatting with my coworker who runs a cheaper Moto phone while I was with my Q10. He confided that to be honest, he would like a keyboard too.

Then we started comparing and usually it was like "oh can't you do that on your phone?" and he would look at me sadly and mumble "No I can't, hey it's not one of the expensive Moto's", it was almost funny cause it made me feel like some sort of rich dude rocking a high end phone. :-)

And the thing is, he could buy a used Q10 today for less than the cost of his mediocre 'droid and be able to do more. As with most people I run into, he didn't need all sorts of fancy apps on his phone. Everything I had on the Q10 was there, without resorting to Android ports.
    05-14-17 11:56 AM
    Haha just last week I was chatting with my coworker who runs a cheaper Moto phone while I was with my Q10. He confided that to be honest, he would like a keyboard too.

Then we started comparing and usually it was like "oh can't you do that on your phone?" and he would look at me sadly and mumble "No I can't, hey it's not one of the expensive Moto's", it was almost funny cause it made me feel like some sort of rich dude rocking a high end phone. :-)

And the thing is, he could buy a used Q10 today for less than the cost of his mediocre 'droid and be able to do more. As with most people I run into, he didn't need all sorts of fancy apps on his phone. Everything I had on the Q10 was there, without resorting to Android ports.
    Haha that is awesome!!

Posted via CB10
    05-17-17 12:29 AM
    Removable battery remains a huge deal. A few people I work with are envious that I can keep a spare battery and pop it in there if I need to change.

I think if someone promoted a new phone with a removable battery as a funky 'retro' feature it could be a winner!

Posted via CB10
    05-17-17 06:03 AM
    If I have one minor gripe about the Q10, it's that the sensors seem relatively easy to break. I've had two models go now because of it. Both times the light and proximity sensors have died for no apparent reason and it makes the phone unusable.

Would be good if there was an option to have keyboard light up every time the phone is activated and also to have proximity sensor permanently off.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-17 12:40 PM
    its how you can use it okay? Q10, for me, its a cool device for me, with my applewatch sport ™
    BlackBerry Q10 Throwback-img_20160704_092150_hdr.jpg

Q10 ™
    05-20-17 09:56 AM
    I've enjoyed my Q10, but the BB10 browser as well as the native Crackberry app have failed me, crashing so much lately. I'm this close to moving on from BB10.
    05-20-17 10:42 AM
    I've enjoyed my Q10, but the BB10 browser as well as the native Crackberry app have failed me, crashing so much lately. I'm this close to moving on from BB10.
    I doubt that is BB10's fault. I've got about 5 BB10 phones and I can honestly say I don't recall either Browser nor CB app have ever crashed unexpectedly for me in all these years.
    I'm sure every one will say this, but have you tried a fresh OS reload?
    05-20-17 11:08 AM
    I saw Android phones are getting RCS support rolled out as more and more carriers support this standard. (RCS is like next gen SMS but with features of current messengers so carriers can wrest back control from the likes of WhatsApp)

This would be great if it took hold, open standard would be much better. So I wondered if anyone bothered to make a client for BlackBerry.
    Well turns out RIM was one of the original members that agreed to promote this and bake it into their phones and if you check the docs, BlackBerry has been way ahead of the game and it's already baked into 10.3!

The other trade name it is under is "Joyn". That is what it will be called in the BlackBerry help documents. Apparently this extra features will be made available for your contacts automatically as soon as your carrier supports it. Those of you on carriers who support in can report back. (I think Verizon and Rogers for now, ?)

Another way that our Q10's may be able to carry on thanks to BlackBerry building in such great features from the start!
    05-20-17 11:19 AM
71 123