at&t rep called they talked to RIM (should be BlackBerry) and RIM admitted there is an issue and will work on this and have this resolved in 48 hours. I highly doubt it.
    48 hours.... *snort*....

~Z10 Baby~
    08-07-14 07:14 PM
    at&t rep called they talked to RIM (should be BlackBerry) and RIM admitted there is an issue and will work on this and have this resolved in 48 hours. I highly doubt it.
    Didn't they tell you it also affected iPhone and Android? If so, how is BlackBerry gonna fix it?!

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 07:46 PM
    AT&T customer service admitted to me this afternoon that there was an issue on their side and they submitted a ticket to bring it to the attention of higher tier technical personnel so that they cold start working on detecting and resolving the issue.

As for it affecting iPhone and Android, that is not the case here in Louisiana to the best of my knowledge. My wife is still able to form a hotspot with her IPhone 5 and the sales rep at the AT&T store was able to put my SIM card in his android and start a hotspot. So from what I have seen, it is only affecting the Blackberry phones in this area.
    08-07-14 08:23 PM
    Hot spot is working fine here in Baltimore with my Q10.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.3247
    08-07-14 08:28 PM
    Im creating a BBM Group. This group is to mobilize ourselves in order to trouble shoot as a community with AT&T in order to resolve this issue quickly. The Tech Supervisor in which I spoke to as of 5 minutes ago has noted that no trouble ticket has been specified about the issue. I made it known that the community was experiencing the issue across the US. So right what needs to be done is all of us need to call AT&T and request a supervisor and not talk to the customer service representative, explain to them what you see in this forum and that we are collectively reporting it so that AT&T can map out the issues across the US. Ask around if other non Blackberry devices are also failing in providing a hotspot. If it is a Blackberry issue they are going to be able to note it and work with them much more effectively. Hopefully, this works, and judging by the notes in my account they are willing to help. Keep ringing and update me on who has called. Keep it with just your none personal information btw. I don't need that but I do want to track how many in order to make a case against AT&T if they fail to recognize the problem. Message me with your pin and I will invite you. Once you are added you need to message me in order to find out if you spoke to a supervisor and if they have submitted a ticket. Oh and it's time for war.....

Make a quick post with pin, reported Hotspot issue date, location and device (even if non Blackberry). I'll be collefcting the data and resending it up to this supervisor. Oh and also If you done all the necessary trouble shooting, Sending signals, reboots, and software reloads. It probably be easier for me to track these incidents if you just message me your pin for the group request on my bbm channel open chat. (i don't post anymore so I'm not just trying to add numbers) but instead of going back to the forums i can just add you pretty quickly, it will be open all day here it's called tech heads (C00122D07) Again don't post personal information just your pin for the BBM group add.

Example of Pin Request for Group
    (PIN)....
    Issue date: August First
    Blackberry Z10
    Troubleshooted? Yes What? SIgnals, Reboots, plan checks, Software reloads to earlier versions. Software Updates, Reissued SIM, and Spoke with over 13 Tech Agents with minimal return Calls.
    Last edited by Jose Casiano; 08-08-14 at 04:09 AM. Reason: More info
    08-08-14 03:55 AM
    Just finished another call with another supervisor as the previous sent me a text stating that she wasn't able to get a hold of me... As I was sitting next to the phone for the last 2.5-3 hours.. or whatever... I have the case number so that you all can reference this issue in the future or just complain the heck out of ATT. I'm changing my plan to mobile share with only one line as I use a lot of data and well, we will see if this plan change may give me the same effect as the previous poster.

"UPDATE":And it appears that this maybe a gimmick in order to change your plan.... As soon as this happens 2 weeks later my hotspot starts working again after a plan change....... CM20140808_92173955. That's the case number. Note that over 13 different tech support and over 5 customer service representatives and 2 supervisors later, it took 1 supervisor and a plan change to fix it. Not to mention all the other agents reverified the account over and over.
    Last edited by Jose Casiano; 08-08-14 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Formating
    08-08-14 07:07 AM
    Just finished another call with another supervisor as the previous sent me a text stating that she wasn't able to get a hold of me... As I was sitting next to the phone for the last 2.5-3 hours.. or whatever... I have the case number so that you all can reference this issue in the future or just complain the heck out of ATT. I'm changing my plan to mobile share with only one line as I use a lot of data and well, we will see if this plan change may give me the same effect as the previous poster.

"UPDATE":And it appears that this maybe a gimmick in order to change your plan.... As soon as this happens 2 weeks later my hotspot starts working again after a plan change....... CM20140808_92173955. That's the case number. Note that over 13 different tech support and over 5 customer service representatives and 2 supervisors later, it took 1 supervisor and a plan change to fix it. Not to mention all the other agents reverified the account over and over.
    Can you tell me what plan you had and what plan you now have?

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 08:03 AM
    Mobile Hotspot is now working again! However, bbm voice and video via cellular is still not functioning. At least making some progress.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 08:06 AM
    Hotspot working in Louisiana .

~Z10 Baby~
    08-08-14 08:55 AM
    Phone call yesterday to AT&T, the tech guy did his thing on my Z30, and both hot spot and BBM Voice over mobile network are back. Then did the same on my Q10. Asked what he did so I could share, and he said he just reset the software on their end, kind of like the old school "resend service books".

Good luck y'all.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    08-08-14 09:47 AM
    I was told by the business support rep this issue affect users in California, Texas & Louisiana and not only BB but also Android and iPhone.
    Posted previous before reading this. I was on the road through Florida heading to S Carolina so I wonder if it will still work when I get back to Louisiana?

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    08-08-14 09:50 AM
    Voice and video bbm by cellular just came up! Everything fixed now!!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 10:17 AM
    As of this morning, hotspot working again on my Z10 here in Louisiana. I think there was enough of a push by BB users yesterday to finally get AT&T's attention that they did have a problem on their end and they were able to locate it and fix it.
    DocDRM likes this.
    08-08-14 10:45 AM
    Great work all!

Posted via CB10
    DocDRM likes this.
    08-08-14 10:53 AM
    As of this morning, hotspot working again on my Z10 here in Louisiana. I think there was enough of a push by BB users yesterday to finally get AT&T's attention that they did have a problem on their end and they were able to locate it and fix it.
    Hotspot working again in Los Angeles this morning. Wondering if at&t or BB "fixed" the problem.
    08-08-14 03:38 PM
    Hotspot working again in Los Angeles this morning. Wondering if at&t or BB "fixed" the problem.
    I was wondering the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 04:17 PM
    I was wondering the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    Since at&t called me back yesterday they opened a trouble ticket with BB, I called BB this afternoon if they have done anything. The technician told me they received multiple incidents regarding Hotspot issue with at&t and they are still investigating. That means, BB have not done anything yet. So at&t techs are "lying" and point fingers at BB not their network problem.
    08-08-14 05:50 PM
    Just to clarify, all AT&T users with HotSpot issues : did you lose BBM Voice / Video over mobile network too? Did the hotspot fix restore your BBM Voice /Video as well?

I'm still good in S Carolina at this time, returning to Louisiana Monday, will verify all still working when I get there.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 01:42 AM
    I'm in southeast Louisiana, all I lost was hotspot availability on 8/1. Everything else was working. Hotspot returned, though connection seems spotty...coming and going.

~Z10 Baby~
    DocDRM likes this.
    08-09-14 09:16 AM
    Just to clarify, all AT&T users with HotSpot issues : did you lose BBM Voice / Video over mobile network too? Did the hotspot fix restore your BBM Voice /Video as well?

I'm still good in S Carolina at this time, returning to Louisiana Monday, will verify all still working when I get there.

Posted via CB10
    I lost Hotspot and bbm video/voice by cellular. When Hotspot came back yesterday, everything came back. In San Diego.

Posted via CB10
    DocDRM likes this.
    08-09-14 01:01 PM
    I had the 450 minute and unlimited text with 5gb of data Which comes with hotspot. The plan was changed to a mobile share 10 gb for an additional 5 bucks on my bill something like that. By changing the whole plan not just the feature as they tried before it fixed the software on the back end with the network. So instead of having engineers deal with it, the sup tried this to make sure the network reidentified the hotspot feature.
    08-10-14 07:56 AM
    remember you all that that case number above is for all of you all, ive been stating the areas that have ben affected to them hopefully, this is a fix or what not
    08-10-14 07:57 AM
    yes I did as well. but it's back now after fix, I moved to Hemet and wasn't able to use the hotspot there either and came back to 29 palms California, and same thing again until we did that plan change.
    08-10-14 08:00 AM
    question is any other devices affected other than BB? was Skype available over cellular? or other things like that?
    08-10-14 08:01 AM
    In upstate NY Albany area and have the same problem with my new Z10. So glad I saw this thread instead of going any further with ATT. Had gotten same error message when Hotspot would not connect. Did one quick call today and confirmed my plan does have Hotspot services. My former 9900 on same ATT plan had connected its Hotspot without hesitation. So its sounding like its an ATT issue with their system and BB10, and so beyond the knowledge/procedures of the phone reps. Seems a waste of valuable feature...
    08-21-14 08:34 PM
56 123