I like small devices and I wanted to try a physical keyboard. Is performance still good. I will buy it new.. good idea or not? I own a z10 right now
    06-15-17 07:31 PM
    I own a z10 right now
    If you're satisfied with the quickness of the Z10 then the Q10 will be fine. Pretty much the same device in a different package.
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-15-17 08:51 PM
    Yes - even web browsing is good for the moment, on 10.3.3

Posted via CB10
    06-16-17 04:52 AM
    does it show its age?
    06-16-17 06:19 AM
    does it show its age?
    What do you mean?

It's BB10.

It's the same as its been for a few years now.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-17 06:29 AM
    I "downgraded" from Passport to Q10 the other day.

To me the Q10 feels like a Bold with BB10 and is smooth enough to do everything I need. It lacks the capacitive KB and USB OTG support that I enjoyed with the Passport but it's a small price to pay for the smaller device. The Passport with it's dwindling lack of dev support and apps jumping ship was literally becoming a burden to carry.

The screen took a couple of hours to adjust to, but AMOLED looks nice. Pixels not as dense as Passport but still nicer than I expected.

The keyboard is the big win here for me. Getting the tactile Alt and shift keys back feels magical.

Overall it is taking some time to get used to, but everytime I pick up my Passport now it feels like a ginormous brick.

I will stick with the Q10 at least until next year or ifsomething better comes along.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-17 11:29 AM
    I was reading a thread and a guy said t he q10 is starting to show its age in term of performance...
    06-16-17 05:10 PM
    Definitely still worth it. I bought 2 brand new ones about 9 or 10 months ago. The ones I bought are white which is a nice change. I have been very happy with the battery life and performance. Mine were purchased from a seller on ebay and they were unlocked units direct from BlackBerry.
    06-16-17 05:20 PM
    I was reading a thread and a guy said t he q10 is starting to show its age in term of performance...
    Performance seems fine for me. But I am running from a clean install so the app rot isn't there yet. I have installed about 20-25 apps and the thing is running smooth as butter. Even a sideloaded Retroarch is working beautifully.

These older BB10 based phones will run great if you tend to the settings well. Specifcally App Permissions. For most apps I disable the "Run When Minimized" permission (See Security Settings in the options) because it isn't needed most of the time and it wastes resources. This way I can run many apps simultaneously with little burden on the phone.

For that matter, you should really go through ALL permissions and tweak out what each app doesn't need for depending on the way you use it. Sometimes you will need to reenable something for the app to work properly, but usually the app will tell you what it is.

Posted via CB10
    Fab0123 likes this.
    06-16-17 06:43 PM
    Sorry, I meant to say that disabling Run When Minimized would reduce burden on phone's processor. It will still use memory though so whem you run out of that, it will be burdened

Posted via CB10
    06-16-17 06:49 PM
    Totally worth it! Imo it handles communication needs far better than my LG V10 and it can still do a lot for social media (if you really need it), and work stuff(scanning docs, editing, ect...).

Posted via CB10
    06-25-17 08:31 PM
    Of course it's showing its age. It's 4 years old.
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-25-17 08:40 PM
    Yeah it all depends on what you mean by showing its age. It's an older device and that's just the way it is. However, it still does the basic tasks very well.
    06-25-17 09:07 PM
    Nice phone to type emails and all those communication related task easily!

Posted via CB10
    Mike Owsley likes this.
    06-26-17 02:19 AM
    best BB ever the Q10, I keep a few incase I can't find any later on, the form factor and keyboard is excellent, and for emails it's a work horse, plus very easy to carry around.
    06-26-17 06:02 AM

To me the Q10 feels like a Bold with BB10 and is smooth enough to do everything I need. It lacks the capacitive KB and USB OTG support that I enjoyed with the Passport but it's a small price to pay for the smaller device. The Passport with it's dwindling lack of dev support and apps jumping ship was literally becoming a burden to carry.

The screen took a couple of hours to adjust to, but AMOLED looks nice. Pixels not as dense as Passport but still nicer than I expected.

The keyboard is the big win here for me. Getting the tactile Alt and shift keys back feels magical.

Overall it is taking some time to get used to, but everytime I pick up my Passport now it feels like a ginormous brick.

I will stick with the Q10 at least until next year or ifsomething better comes along.

Posted via CB10
    I had exactly the same thought, but my flirting was with the Classic. I needed the tool belt, after a week or two swinging with 9900. Lol.

Even now that I carry Aurora as my daily I still miss that incredible combination of the BlackBerry physical keyboard, the trackpad, and the tool belt.
    Rick Danger likes this.
    06-26-17 06:19 AM
    +1 I have a Q10, it does everything pretty well. I also have a new-ish, high-spec Android tablet at my disposal, and TBH I still find myself using the Q10 for a lot of tasks, because the Q10 runs smoother and faster than the 'droid.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-17 02:53 PM
    I had exactly the same thought, but my flirting was with the Classic. I needed the tool belt, after a week or two swinging with 9900. Lol.

Even now that I carry Aurora as my daily I still miss that incredible combination of the BlackBerry physical keyboard, the trackpad, and the tool belt.
    I would have done the same if it had an AMOLED screen. I do miss the toolbelt.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-17 03:34 PM
    I will soon be returning to the q10. My chief reason is the gesture based ui. It's so intuitive. My second reason is the physical keyboard. What I will most likely end up doing if I ever have the money is get a high spec android tablet for things I don't want to do on the q10 due to the smaller screen but those are extremely few and far between.
    07-03-17 10:13 PM
    I will soon be returning to the q10. My chief reason is the gesture based ui. It's so intuitive. My second reason is the physical keyboard. What I will most likely end up doing if I ever have the money is get a high spec android tablet for things I don't want to do on the q10 due to the smaller screen but those are extremely few and far between.
    That is what I am using right now - I have an Asus Zen Pad S8 (OK, so it's budget, but I don't play games, only browse and stream the odd video). I am still pleasantly surprised by the snappiness of the Q10, even when it comes to most web-browsing.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-17 07:34 AM
    Best small smartphone out there.
    07-06-17 08:29 AM
    Best small smartphone out there.
    Concur most wholeheartedly.
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    07-07-17 03:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    Same for me. Just hard to give up this sweet little phone!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-17 08:15 AM
    Same for me. Just hard to give up this sweet little phone!!!

Posted via CB10
    After 3 weeks with this thing, I have fully adapted and will probably never go back to Passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-17 08:48 AM
    After 3 weeks with this thing, I have fully adapted and will probably never go back to Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Wow! Awesome! I'm glad that worked out for you.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-17 10:26 AM
30 12