Previously, I had my Q sent in because of a double typing issue.

They've given me a refurbished unit, the double typing issue has been settled but now with just a knock or slam(lightly) on the table, the Q just restarts by itself.

I'm intending on giving the Q to my girlfriend but I don't want her to think I'm giving her a piece of ****. What should I do?

P.S I think BlackBerry should hang someone for poor QC. It's beginning to **** me off, hope I'm not the only one on this boat.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 12:58 PM
    My q used to do that also. But I realized that my battery was moving so that's why it would restart by itself. So I put a small piece of paper on the top of the battery and since then everything works fine.
    Try it!

Posted via CB10
    D_Town likes this.
    09-03-13 01:04 PM
    This ^^

Posted via CB10
    D_Town likes this.
    09-03-13 02:05 PM
    AT&T is sending me a new phone because i told them I was sick of the reboots when I place my phone on my desk. They said they have heard of the issue and are sending me a brand new phone. I'll let you know if its refurbished or new, and if the battery is tighter.

In the meantime, I'll let it restart. After doing the business card behind the door on my storm, I'll never do it again. The hardware should be perfect every time.
    len pothier likes this.
    09-03-13 02:10 PM
    My Q10 has been randomly restarting for over a month now, this morning was the first real world impact of that. Last night I plugged it in and put it on the night stand, this morning I woke up to no alarm. The thing had managed to turn it self all the way off over night and forgot to restart! While the random restarts were annoying this morning pissed me off enough to actually get me to call AT&T later... C'mon BB, what's up with the restarts?
    09-21-13 08:54 AM
    my story is the same as the OP - my first q10 needed replacing due to a faulty keyboard. The replacement now reboots if it recieves anything greater than a sharp tap on the top frame. Quality control is still clearly an issue, as this replacement was a brand new unit, not a refurb.
    vivsrulz likes this.
    09-21-13 06:33 PM
    im on verizon in usa. on my 3rd q10 now. first one had a sticky space bar so they sent refurb. 2nd and 3rd device both have MASSIVE rebooting issues. the first week each one was OK, maybe 1-2 reboots total. but then eventually i am up to 20-30 reboots per day. i have had 10 reboots in a row before. seriously not tolerable. ALSO, im using activesync with office365 and some SMS conversations the phone adds the recipient twice, so it turns it into MMS and the recipient gets all my texts twice. all my friends SCREAM at me (justifiably so). I didnt see any real solutions to my problems online and nobody at verizon or blackberry has a damn clue. so i wiped my current device and did a manual contact sync through BB Link desktop software. I still have had a few reboots (so sad), but i am assuming the double contact issue will be resolved. in the meantime:

1-i dont have email on my Q10 as the only way to get my email is through activesync which causes the SMS duplicate messages. (clearly this is ridiculous whats the point of a blackberry with no email.

2-i have now put a piece of abusiness card next to the battery, some posts said this might help the rebooting issue. cant comment on that yet, since i just did it.

3-im diehard BB fan since 05 and really would hate leave them in the dust, but if i cant have email on my berry, i dont think the relationship cas last much longer....not healthy.

someone please help. this is a disaster. email me at [email protected] if you have any ideas thanks.
    09-22-13 10:00 AM
    just tried this i hope it helps....the battery cover wont quite close all the way but it feels pretty secure.... has it still been good?
    09-22-13 10:01 AM
    I started to have the same issue as the OP this past week; rebooting when putting the device down on a flat surface. I have to gently lay it down or it'll reboot. Don't think it's a loose battery issue as I can severely shake the device and even drop it on the floor and it won't reboot (no I'm not intentionally dropping it), but laying it on a flat surface will cause a reboot.

At the same time I started to have this issue, the device now randomly reboots. It doesn't reboot when sitting idle. It'll reboot when I'm using it, ie, checking email, turning off wifi, going in to Hub, launching browser, checking weather, etc. Not always, just sometimes. It'll reboot 2-3 times/day and it'll wait 2-3 days before it'll do it again.

Posted from the Q
    09-23-13 07:45 AM
    Since I've read this on the forum via the CB app I have just experienced my first reboot, typical... great -_-

Q10 on EE.
    09-23-13 09:19 AM
    First virus on a BB10. Read the post and the phone rings and you hear a voice say '10 days....'

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 02:07 PM
    My q10 did this also. I turned it off completely and took the battery out. Wait a couple of seconds after you take the battery out and the put it back in. Its hasn't restarted on me since

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 04:25 PM
    I too have the same Issue. Let me put a paper with battery and try. update here If some one gets a fix. Thanks
    09-27-13 02:08 PM
    same problem here. and only when i place the phone on my desk. wanted to make sure i wasn't the only one. going to 'business-card-it'. i'm just too impatient to order/ask for a new one. if it doesn't resolve, i'll have no choice.
    10-01-13 03:03 PM
    After I received a new Q due to this issue, my new one now doesnt mostly restart, but instead gives me either "Emergency calls only" or "no sim inserted" issue. A a diehard loyal BB user, I truthfully just dont have the time in my current life to be going to ATT replacement stores to solve this issue. When I was a teen, I had free time to get new phones whenever I wanted, but now I don't and it is extremely discouraging everytime I HAVE TO REBOOT when i get this error. If it happens again, I'm sorry to say, but I will call ATT explain to them the issue, and demand them send me a new phone at which time i will send them back my old one--not to mention a new sim card, because maybe mine's shot (no idea how it could be).

But honestly, this issue has just really been ruining my thoughts lately. I don't mean to rant here, but when I HAVE TO reboot, then wait another 3 or so mins for Hub to start, I'm already 7 (let's say) minutes past a deadline I had to meet, or 7 minutes past the time I didnt respond to an email and lost millions of dollars.

I just don't have time for issues anymore, and if hardware issues (i know i sound ******** for ranting, but i love the software) continue...I'm selling my Q and buying the iPhone again. I cannot afford reboots, and I definitely can not afford any missed opportunities.
    10-01-13 03:16 PM
    I have been a loyal BB user since the beginning. My first brand new Q10 had a repeating key problem. AY&T sent me a refurbished unit about a month ago. Just this past weekend it has started to reboot automatically. I took the battery out today after reading this forum and we'll see what the result is. Extremely poor quality control on these units. I love the keyboard and that is why I have been a long loyal customer but I hope there are no other issues out there....
    10-30-13 09:20 AM
    My Q10 also has the similar reboot problem. I inserted a piece of paper above the battery before closing the back cover door. It is fine now and not rebooting. Probably the back cover is not firmly holding the battery and keeping a small piece of paper does hold the battery firmly and thereby not letting the phone to reboot for any sudden vibrations.
    12-17-13 04:07 PM
    I've had this happen once when I slammed my phone on the table. It hasn't happened again.

Try putting a business card behind the battery door to hold the battery more in place. It sounds tacky but it might work.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    12-18-13 12:50 PM
    I figured out the problem! Here's the fix:

So I was having the exact same problem with my step dad's Q10 and talked to Verizon Tech Support for nearly an hour trying to figure it out. We went from it being a battery issue, to a hardware issue, and then finally back to a battery issue.

It's so ironic too because I was telling the lady on tech support that it's such a shame because all of the rest of the family have Z10's so we have more than enough replacement batteries that we could have swapped out to test the problem.. Then it hit me! Wait! I have a Dev Alpha C! Same exact battery as the Q10!

So I swapped out the battery with my DAC and lo and behold it stopped restarting. It would restart whenever I slightly dropped the phone a few millimeters onto it's back on a desk. After swapping out the battery I couldn't make it restart no matter what I tried. So Verizon is sending me a replacement battery and in the mean time I'm letting my step dad use the battery from my DAC.

I'll update here if there are any more restarting problems within the next few days, but as far as we're concerned, it's the battery which was causing the problem. Either buy a new one, or just call up customer service if it's still under warranty and they will swap it out for you and send you a replacement one!

Hope this helps!
    01-02-14 04:57 PM
    My Q10 and my wife's Q10 don't reboot. I got mine the day it was released. I love this phone

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 10:08 PM
    My Q10 reboots with even just a little tap at the back when i lay it on the table, or when the back hits the edge of the cup holder in the car, or when I happen to press the back of the phone when I'm holding it.

Not only that, it has dialed 911 4x when i put it in my holster...

By the way, it still reboots even when I have inserted a business card between the cover and the battery...
    01-02-14 11:29 PM
    A little bit of foam would have saved BlackBerry a little trouble :/

BlackBerry Q10 restarts automatically-img_00000044.jpg

I got an 8x11 sheet of this self adhesive foam from Joann fabrics awhile ago. I didn't have the reboot thing going on but my battery door was a bit loose. Tight as a drum and better than the post-its I was using

Pounded out via Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1055
    01-02-14 11:45 PM
    My Q10 has rebooted one time and It was when I was streaming a radio show at my desk.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 07:58 AM
    Gave up today, so sick of reboots and no resolution. I can't believe this kind of hardware problem went out, unacceptable for the price point of this phone. No more.
    01-08-14 11:24 AM
    I'm so sick of my phone rebooting, its already been replaced once. Paper/foam behind the battery doesn't help.
    02-18-14 02:51 PM
34 12