Hi all. First off Iv been a lurker and an info grabber from this site for the longest time, and this site has been the best at giving its feedback to anything and everything about blackberry and its devices.

I would like to ask your help yet again...
    I am using a blackberry 9900 (for work, and its awesome!!) and a Galaxy S4 (for everything else). Im thinking of ditching them both for the Q10, but im just worried since the device might not give me what I need for my everyday lifestyle.
    My questions are these. For the email part, both corporate and personnal i know the q10 can handle that. But what about the other messenger apps? Does this have facebook messenger, whatsapp, viber?

Does the os10 have some app lockers where you can lock a specific app where you need to put a password on before you can go in it?
    Also does the os10 have an app that acts as an sms and call blocker for specific phone numbers. This app that you can assogn the phone number to not recieve the call on the stock sms app and diverts it to a specific folder w/o any notification.

Im always on the go, so thats why i use my phone to download movies and music via torrent, does the os10 have a torrent app?

Lastly, can you flash the q10's firmware as easy as flashing the older blackberry devices?

I hope someone can reply and shine some light on my questions...

Thanks! And more power to crackberry and its team!
    07-03-13 11:50 PM
    a lot of you questions have already been answered countless of times. From the looks of your post, BB10 might not be for you at the moment

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 11:57 PM
    Thanks for the feedback, I just thoughtvto colate my questions to one thread thats why I posted this...
    thanks anyway...
    07-04-13 12:03 AM
    As wasabi said asked and answered millions of times over, particularly for the questions you have, but regardless I'll give you really short answers, if you want details, do what all responsible members do... read for as much lurking as you claim to do...
    My questions are these. For the email part, both corporate and personnal i know the q10 can handle that. But what about the other messenger apps? Does this have facebook messenger, whatsapp, viber?
    Other Messenger Apps: see App World. Facebook and Whatapp - Yes. Viber - coming soon, sideload for now if you need to. It was just on CB homepage the other day since you read the site so much...

Does the os10 have some app lockers where you can lock a specific app where you need to put a password on before you can go in it?
    Also does the os10 have an app that acts as an sms and call blocker for specific phone numbers. This app that you can assogn the phone number to not recieve the call on the stock sms app and diverts it to a specific folder w/o any notification.
    No.

Im always on the go, so thats why i use my phone to download movies and music via torrent, does the os10 have a torrent app?
    No torrenting. P.S. Why don't you pay like you should

Lastly, can you flash the q10's firmware as easy as flashing the older blackberry devices?
    If you're referring to loading leaked OS versions, then yes a simple autoloader on Windows is all you need. See the appropriate portion of the forums for this information.

Thanks for the feedback, I just thoughtvto colate my questions to one thread thats why I posted this...
    thanks anyway...
    If we did customer Q&A's for everyone, these forums would be destroyed. Use the community responsibly please.
    L o r d R a j likes this.
    07-04-13 12:06 AM
    Just a few points:

BlackBerry Balance, the advertised Private/Business switch, is only available if you are on a BES connection.

As for your communication apps - Whatsapp is available and getting constant updates. As with .2309 device software, it has Hub integration.
    Viber is officially announced, but it won't hit BB10 until we get the first 10.2 update.
    Since I don't use Facebook, I can't really comment on the last one. There is an official Facebook application, yet I do not know whether it features the messanger or if it is any good.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    07-04-13 12:17 AM
    You should replace your 9900 with a Q10, and keep your Samsung for the things people have noted that the Q10 can't do.

Also, you're bound to be disappointed if you're buying the Q10 as a media device. Yeah, you can rent/buy movies/music, but I almost feel like saying the Q10 isn't meant for that. Videos work great, and the speaker is great too, but it's just... don't buy the Q10 if you're planning on watching a bunch of movies. Do that on your Samsung. People who buy the Q10 with hopes of watching movies and a lot of tv shows are bound to end up writing a thread about how BlackBerry "doesn't get it" and how "the Q10 needs a bigger screen." That's what the Z10 is for. I much prefer watching stuff on my Z10.
    07-04-13 02:48 AM
    You should replace your 9900 with a Q10, and keep your Samsung for the things people have noted that the Q10 can't do.

Also, you're bound to be disappointed if you're buying the Q10 as a media device. Yeah, you can rent/buy movies/music, but I almost feel like saying the Q10 isn't meant for that. Videos work great, and the speaker is great too, but it's just... don't buy the Q10 if you're planning on watching a bunch of movies. Do that on your Samsung. People who buy the Q10 with hopes of watching movies and a lot of tv shows are bound to end up writing a thread about how BlackBerry "doesn't get it" and how "the Q10 needs a bigger screen." That's what the Z10 is for. I much prefer watching stuff on my Z10.
    I dont really use my phone as a multimedia device.. I just need 2 main apps, and with just those two id definitely jump to the q10 bandwaggon..

ive asked the people from the app sideloading threads if they can help me with sideloading some adroud apps that can work with what I need.
    07-04-13 03:46 AM