Hey, first post on the forums so hope i'm not just asking a stupid question on the wrong bit of the forum :')

Taking advantage of the 79p sale on movies in blackberry world I downloaded a few films expecting to play them on my samsung smart TV, I turned the wifi on, enabled videos to be shared to the telly and tried to play anchorman 2. The phone and television popped up with a message along the lines of "file type not supported".

I'm just wondering if it's a problem with the blackberry, the download or the TV and how to change the file from a .wmv or whether I need to do that all and i'm just doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 06:40 PM
    I got a Samsung Smart TV too and just tried it on mine and damned if it doesn't work due to not being supported.
    06-04-14 06:57 PM
    I'll update the post if I find a solution
    06-04-14 07:09 PM
    I got a Samsung Smart TV too and just tried it on mine and damned if it doesn't work due to not being supported.
    Let us know how you get on, I was using wifi so that might be the problem. Be sure to try with a HDMI cable if the wifi fails, I would but i've never seen the need in an HDMI cable until now haha. Hope you have more luck than I did.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 07:15 PM
    hang on, converting a video to wmv to play off my NAS and test it out from another source to see if it truly is the wmv it can't play.

Just tested: WMV is not supported, period. That makes no effin sense either because that's a common video format.
    Lea Courtney likes this.
    06-04-14 09:35 PM
    Just tested: WMV is not supported, period. That makes no effin sense either because that's a common video format.
    Thanks for that, do you know if the Q10 can hold and play an mp4 file? It's just the phone is a lot more practical to keep the movies on than getting the laptop out everytime. Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 06:05 AM
    Yeah it plays MP4's no issue. That's what I normally have all my files in anyways. That an avi.
    06-05-14 06:51 AM