Hi everybody! I am new to this forum, and also a new owner of a Blackberry Q10 phone. My problem is that whenever I get an email (i have a gmail account) I always get a notification on my Q10 screen about this email! This is extremely annoying as I dont want to check my emails in HUB so often! I cannot disable these automatic notification icons from my opening screen! Actually i want to see there only missed calls and sms notifications...
    Is there any options to solve this problem?
    Thanks
    05-02-15 09:04 AM
    The icon will always be there if you sync the messages. You can always disable sync when you don't want the icon.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 09:07 AM
    If you allowed 'new notifications turn on lock screen' then you can't choose which do and which dont

You can however disable all the other notifications about a new email in your notifications settings.

But there is no picking and choosing for lighting up the screen. Unless you remove that email from your phone.
    05-02-15 09:08 AM
    Hi everybody! I am new to this forum, and also a new owner of a Blackberry Q10 phone. My problem is that whenever I get an email (i have a gmail account) I always get a notification on my Q10 screen about this email! This is extremely annoying as I dont want to check my emails in HUB so often! I cannot disable these automatic notification icons from my opening screen! Actually i want to see there only missed calls and sms notifications...
    Is there any options to solve this problem?
    Thanks
    The phone is designed to tell you what you missed, what you have available etc. You can easily ignore messages if you want....you don't have to "check them so often".
    05-02-15 09:25 AM
    Hello, thanks for the answer! Can you please explain how can i do that? What i did was that i set the "manual syncronisation" from my gmai accont in the settings menu.
    In my notification setting there is no option to disable email notifications.
    My other question is that if I dont want to see secondary gmail messages like updates, promptions, etc in my hub email folder, only my most important messages how can i do that?
    Thanks again for all the help!
    05-02-15 02:13 PM
    Hello, thanks for the answer! Can you please explain how can i do that? What i did was that i set the "manual syncronisation" from my gmai accont in the settings menu.
    My other question is that if I dont want to see secondary gmail messages like updates, promptions, etc in my hub email folder, only my most important messages how can i do that?
    Hello,
    Your questions are not clear to me.. what I understand is :

Email notification in hub : no problem

Email notification in lock screen : problem

You want to see only most important messages.. ??

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 02:24 PM
    Every account has notification options, but you can't stop them from being listed on the home screen.

Manual sync, if available, will be in the account setup page for each account.

For hub issue, go to the Hub>setup>hub management>click the account you want to adjust>make selection of "show in seperate account only"....you will no longer see anything in the hub for this account.
    05-02-15 02:27 PM
    Hi yes, the biggest problem for me is the email notifications on lock screen, just dont know how to get rid of them, if there is any way to do this! I just dont want to see there appearing all the email notifications and dont want also the red led blinking every time i get an email - only if i get an sms or a missed call!

The other is how to "filter" my email messages , i.e. I dont want to see secondary, "unimportant" messages (updates, linkedin notifications, etc) mixed together with my other messages in gmail...
    05-02-15 04:17 PM
    If you don't want to look what the messages from lock screen you have to go settings --> notification --->> lock screen settings.. you will find an option but indication of number of messages according to your account ( Facebook, Twitter, gmails..)
    Still remains same. But if you tap on your accounts they will show nothing..

In case of important messages first of all you have to read all messages to understand what messages are important and what are not.. if you found any message important you tap on it a sidebar will appear on your screen click on priority [upward arrow symbol ]...

The first priority of BlackBerry is communication and security that's why they put BlackBerry hub where you can see any accounts and wherever you are you can reach to the BlackBerry hub by a single gesture... don't understand me wrong..

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 04:39 PM
    For blinking led again go setting, notification, customised app settings..

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 04:42 PM
    Hi yes, the biggest problem for me is the email notifications on lock screen, just dont know how to get rid of them, if there is any way to do this! I just dont want to see there appearing all the email notifications and dont want also the red led blinking every time i get an email - only if i get an sms or a missed call!

The other is how to "filter" my email messages , i.e. I dont want to see secondary, "unimportant" messages (updates, linkedin notifications, etc) mixed together with my other messages in gmail...
    As others including myself have already said....you can't get rid of lock screen account notifications. Just ignore them. (your friends emailing you must love that....)

The red blinking light can be turned off for any particular account or alert type. Go to notifications then go to each account and simply turn off the red light for the email account.

As far as "filter", if you shove all your emails into one account, you really have no choice....they all show up there. No machine can possibly know what is "important' to you. Only you know this. You should do what most people do that have this issue, which is to have at least 2 different email accounts or addresses, one for important stuff, one for everything else, etc.
    05-02-15 04:45 PM
    Thanks a lot for the answers of everybody!

I really love my Blackberry Q10 especially with the nes os 10.3, but this issue is just ridicolous, and I think i will give back tomorrow my telephone with a broken heart because of this annoying issue. It is difficult to ignore these icon notifications when you see them on lock screen, and I really hate the philosophy of Blackberry that with this icon visualisation they force you "unconsciously" to get updated to all notifications permanently, and make you dependent on all of these messages. I like to check my emails only once or twice a day, no matter if that is from a friend of mine or an official one. But when you see a notification icon, it is difficult to ignore it... In this way the phone makes you addicted to messaging... and i really hate it!

The other annoying issue is mixing important, pirmarly messages with secondary and public notifications is that i always get an email notification on lock screen no matter if it is a mail of my friend or a completely unimportant promotional message. Maybe there should have been an option in the HUB for different "folders"' just like in gmail (primary messages - communal messages - promotions, etc.)?

But anyway, thanks again for all the help and advices!
    05-03-15 10:20 AM
    At least there could have been an option to turn off completely the lock screen...
    05-03-15 10:29 AM
    Wow, really? There is an option for that!

Settings>security and privacy>lock screen>turn of lock screen notifications

Sheesh. Or just return your phone

Smfh

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.500
    05-03-15 01:56 PM
    We gave you the solution but you aren't even trying lmao.
    05-03-15 03:47 PM
    He/she wants the lock screen notifications.....but only some of them.

OP- most phones...if you have an account setup, is going to have some indication on the phone that you have messages. Typically people want to know this. The only other option would be to set your email account to manual so it never checks mail until you go in and manually do a sync.
    05-03-15 07:58 PM
    I think he or she actually just doesn't want her email in the hub... just use the website jeez.
    05-03-15 11:39 PM