Hey Guys,

Please help me out here. I bought a Q10 today and wanted to link it to my computer.
    Downloaded the BLACKBERRY LINK but after installing it and then after installing it, it won't connect to it.
    It only reads my PC but not my phone. Tried everything. PLEASE HELP ME
    06-07-13 09:17 AM
    Hey Guys,

Please help me out here. I bought a Q10 today and wanted to link it to my computer.
    Downloaded the BLACKBERRY LINK but after installing it and then after installing it, it won't connect to it.
    It only reads my PC but not my phone. Tried everything. PLEASE HELP ME
    I had the SAME problem too, have about 15mins with Tmobile support and then another 20mins with BB support, we got it working. Basically, they had disconnect - then had me pull the battery and sim from my phone. With BB Link pulled up, click on the double arrows at the bottom and chose "remove device" - for me that was the ONLY thing I could do, because it wasn't recognizing my device. Then I restarted my computer (even though after installing BB Link, it automatically restarted then) and then bring it back up. Once Link is running, connect via USB. Your comp should then recognize device, therefore allowing Link too as well. The "Blackberry087b(or something) - I renamed mine) but it should show up as a device at the bottom and don't click on it, just hover over it and chose "set up". I was trying to restore mine with an old backup file, so we followed those steps, depending on where you're at you can go from there.

All in all, restart the phone and comp and it should work.

I tried to figure it out myself and after an hour and extreme frustration and wanting to take this phone back I called and it seemed like an easy fix.

Good luck!
    renz824 and anishchowdary like this.
    06-07-13 11:32 AM
    Thank you so much. I figured it out last night. Basically i did a master reset and before i did any changes to the factory setting. i immediately attached it to my computer first and it worked!!
    I had the SAME problem too, have about 15mins with Tmobile support and then another 20mins with BB support, we got it working. Basically, they had disconnect - then had me pull the battery and sim from my phone. With BB Link pulled up, click on the double arrows at the bottom and chose "remove device" - for me that was the ONLY thing I could do, because it wasn't recognizing my device. Then I restarted my computer (even though after installing BB Link, it automatically restarted then) and then bring it back up. Once Link is running, connect via USB. Your comp should then recognize device, therefore allowing Link too as well. The "Blackberry087b(or something) - I renamed mine) but it should show up as a device at the bottom and don't click on it, just hover over it and chose "set up". I was trying to restore mine with an old backup file, so we followed those steps, depending on where you're at you can go from there.

I tried to figure it out myself and after an hour and extreme frustration and wanting to take this phone back I called and it seemed like an easy fix.

Good luck!
    06-08-13 12:33 AM
    It takes the device about 5 minutes to connect each time. BBLink is as bad as iTunes. Well done BlackBerry !

Posted via CB10 on my Q10 or my Z10 (if I am typing, most probably the Q)
    06-08-13 12:57 AM
    Agreed! i was definitely really disappointed when i had to take me 3 hours to figure out how to connect my BB10 to BB Link. I never had a bad experience with iTunes. Whatever new APPLE device i buy, it connects right away.
    It takes the device about 5 minutes to connect each time. BBLink is as bad as iTunes. Well done BlackBerry !

Posted via CB10 on my Q10 or my Z10 (if I am typing, most probably the Q)
    06-09-13 10:18 PM
    I can connect and sync my BB Q10 with my MAC. But it shows "pairing failed". I can see the device and my MAC in Link. And I can see my MAC listed on my device. Any clues?
    06-26-13 08:47 AM

Good luck!
    Hello..

forgive for my shallow. I can't do a 'reset factory settings'. I've connected my bb Q10 to the pc. But under "device" I saw nothing. And when I pressed one "Reload". and the "reset device" popped out asking me to press and holed the power button for 10 seconds.......

So I pressed. But it always shows me that my reset fails due to failure to connect to my device.
    How can I resolve that please?
    01-29-14 10:11 AM
    I am tired of trying to connect my q10 to my hp laptop windows8. it keeps telling same thing no matter how i try. keeps saying i should install driver. I have installed the Blackberry link more than five times. but still wouldn't connect with my new q10. same as my brother's z10. what is wrong please i need to transfer files i need to access my phone files with my laptop.
    when i connect via usb it shows me this message about blackberry link and shows the "dismiss" icon under it on my phone that's all.
    what and what can be done?
    06-27-14 03:31 AM
    06-27-14 03:40 AM