The keyboard on my Q10 is having a problem with the spacebar (and sometimes with other keys, too). I'm typing a long message, then I will notice that some letters are not registered! It's really annoying that I have to click the words again and correct it!

Forexample, I'm typngthis onmy Q10 without corecting the words.

Anyone else who has the same problem? It's just funny that I bought this phone because of the keyboard and now it's the only thing that makes me want to throw it! (joke. I will never throw my Q10)

Posted using the Little Beast Q10
    04-15-16 08:29 PM
    It is very easy to change the keyboard.

If it's got a hardware keyboard problem, it is not possible to save the keyboard. You could get the extra Q10 keyboard for $5 from EBay. Just buy multiple keyboards so that you are ready if the next one fails too.

Not a huge deal, but if you are going to keep in using the Q10, you have to be ready for the keyboard exchanges.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-15-16 11:34 PM
    There should be an option that makes u appear the words in the screen. I used it on the Q10....and it helped me to write in German and switching to English and Italian. Check among the options...

Posted via CB10
    04-16-16 08:33 AM
    I'm having a similar problem, my "j" key is getting very finicky.

Mainly it isn't working. Randomly it will decide to work.
    If I can't resolve it, I will probably go to the Priv. I'm not brave enough to take it apart.
    06-05-16 05:42 PM
    Just change the keyboard. It is easy.

Posted from kyuten
    06-05-16 07:28 PM
    Have two Q10's that have been trouble free with PKB. There have been many instances with no problems concerning the keyboards on the forum.
    Am a slow typist.
    06-06-16 01:40 PM
    It is very easy to change the keyboard.

If it's got a hardware keyboard problem, it is not possible to save the keyboard. You could get the extra Q10 keyboard for $5 from EBay. Just buy multiple keyboards so that you are ready if the next one fails too.

Not a huge deal, but if you are going to keep in using the Q10, you have to be ready for the keyboard exchanges.

Posted via CB10
    Just change the keyboard. It is easy.

Posted from kyuten
    Have you guys done it? My 'h' key has become unresponsive, and it's getting pretty annoying but I tried to change the case on a old Nintendo DS once and bricked it... would rather not to that to my Q10 without another phone to go to if it stopped working.
    06-07-16 10:13 AM
    Yes, I've changed my Q10 's and 3 of my 9930's keyboards.

Very easy, you just need small enough screw drivers - do yourself a favor and get a nice $10 set.

There are a few YouTube videos you can watch a few times before you do to get your confidence up. But remember - the pieces are small and somewhat delicate. It's more like surgery than changing brakes on a car.

Q10 SQN100-2 10.3.2.2813 / 9930 7.1.0.1066
    06-07-16 05:41 PM
    Sometimes my "space" key is not respondly at the rear . I must press gently at the middle.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 03:32 AM
    I recommend a keyboard replacement sticky to allow folks to reference.

Q10 SQN100-2 10.3.2.2813 / 9930 7.1.0.1066
    06-08-16 09:24 AM
    Guys, I'm having similar issues with mine. N key doesn't register the click unless it's pressed very hard and slow. F key has started to go down as well. Here in India, we have cell phone repair shops around every street corner. Lucky me! I know a guy who knows his stuff and can help me replace it.

Now, the question is, my phone came with Arabic keyboard. Imported model brought without warranty. Can I use the plain English keyboard without any adverse affects? Any software setting to flip to accommodate the switch?
    06-08-16 12:57 PM
    Guys, I'm having similar issues with mine. N key doesn't register the click unless it's pressed very hard and slow. F key has started to go down as well. Here in India, we have cell phone repair shops around every street corner. Lucky me! I know a guy who knows his stuff and can help me replace it.

Now, the question is, my phone came with Arabic keyboard. Imported model brought without warranty. Can I use the plain English keyboard without any adverse affects? Any software setting to flip to accommodate the switch?
    Yes, the keyboard will work exactly the same. Then, when you have to talk with Barack Hussein Obama, you can use the same keys but you will just have the memorize the Arab keys that are no longer on the English keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    yuvaraki likes this.
    06-09-16 01:24 AM
    Yes my Q10 had this same problem too just before i switched back to the 9900. I'm guessing it should be easy to change the Q10 keyboard, i never looked for a tutorial on how to change them but the keyboards are pretty cheap on eBay. I don't know why the keys stop working, i have to double tap them for it to recognize the button i pressed. I guess after 3 years of use it's bound to run into problems.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-12-16 05:09 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=954608

This is a good thread to read. I don't know if that can help you. I haven't disassembled my Q10 in fear of bricking it but if I muster the courage and watch the YT video, probably I could..

 Power of QNX
    Avenzuno likes this.
    06-13-16 03:35 AM