Hello fellow blackberry fans:

I recently joined the Blackberry family (yes, as late as December 2017) by buying a blackberry Q10 unlocked phone and love it instantly. I just got another Blackberry Q10 that is branded AT&T USA and also purchased a unlock code for it.

However, whenever I tried to enter the 16 digit unlock code, the phone would turn back to the previous screen before I had a chance to enter the full 16 digits. I tried to adjust the screen out time to 3 minutes (it took me less than 1 minute to enter all 16 digits) but it did not help, always turning itself back to the previous screen where it shows "unlock network".
    Did anybody have had similar experience? I have unlocked phones before (not blackberry) and this is the first time I ran into issue like this.
    The OS is 10.3.2.556

Thank you for your help.
    01-30-18 02:25 AM
    Best to get back to whom you bought the unlock code from. And do a web search to see if AT&T unlock code is 16 digits. Some companies have 8 digits instead of 16.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-18 08:02 AM
    Thank you, littlebuff. I actually asked AT&T to provide me with the code and they did; the code they gave me was the same as the one I got previously so that code was not the problem; it is the issue of the phone itself as I had suspected. I think that is all I can do for now; I am going to resell it.
    02-10-18 01:35 PM