1. The Hub, I go to delete Prior, and it only deletes emails and texts. Not Facebook, nor BBM. Any help with this?

2.The Maps, I can't zoom in or out. Any help with how to do this? I tried using the two fingers and the I and O like old school BlackBerry but no use.

Any information on this topic would be great.

Thank you!

-Mitch

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 08:27 PM
    For number 1, if you restart the Hub does that help? (five swipes from the top right to the middle)
    05-04-13 08:57 PM
    Sadly it does not.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 07:44 AM
    I am left with a couple of niggles. The text box when texting is far too small only allowing me to see 2 short lines of text. A better idea would be to reduce the received message and allow me to see what i am typing.

The next is trying to set up different profiles on the Q10. This was so easy on the 9780. I know they have different options (Normal, phone calls, vibrate and silent) but you cannot personalise them all like you used to be able - and for them to stay. I was also able to name my own profiles and set up as many as I liked. surely there is a way. anyone know how please?
    Last edited by wynford; 05-05-13 at 08:04 AM.
    05-05-13 07:54 AM
    Speed Dial doesn't work for me so far. Read in another post that it has to be 'turned on' in the settings, but I haven't found it yet.
    I agree that the text box for typing is too small, ie you can't see enough of what you have typed.
    Touch screen sensitivity seems to be an issue, or things are lagging. Have to touch a check box 20 times before it will check or uncheck.
    Still a lot of apps that aren't available that will be missed until they are made compatible with the Q.
    These are all things that can be fixed in software upgrades, and I love the Q10 despite it's quirks.
    Last edited by hugh_jorgan; 05-05-13 at 09:52 AM.
    05-05-13 08:46 AM
    For speed dial - turn it on in the phone app settings (swipe down from top). Select the phone dial pad (the button closest to the right on the bottom). Press and hold a letter and it will ask if you want to set a number to that button. Every time you open the phone app it will open onto that screen. Not quite one touch dialling from home screen but pretty close - getting used to it.

My gripes - after using the "circle" to move the cursor, if delete is the first key I press it doesn't work well at al - have to push down very very hard. Not a hardware issue.

Please bring back one line email view and much much smaller banners top and bottom!!

Otherwise, all other issues are more about getting used to it than anything else - day 3 now and it's like falling in love.

SB on my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    nappp likes this.
    05-05-13 09:56 AM
    For number 1. Turn them off in hub managment.
    05-05-13 10:02 AM
    I think that fixed #1. I hope I still get my Facebook/BBM's in the Hub though. So no one can tell me how to zoom out on maps?

Also I have the same issue with the check boxes too.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 10:09 AM
    #1 was solved but I still can't get my Facebook/bbm notifications to stay in the main Hub and be able to delete them. Bugs that will be fixed?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 10:51 AM
    For speed dial - turn it on in the phone app settings (swipe down from top). Select the phone dial pad (the button closest to the right on the bottom). Press and hold a letter and it will ask if you want to set a number to that button. Every time you open the phone app it will open onto that screen. Not quite one touch dialling from home screen but pretty close - getting used to it.

My gripes - after using the "circle" to move the cursor, if delete is the first key I press it doesn't work well at al - have to push down very very hard. Not a hardware issue.

Please bring back one line email view and much much smaller banners top and bottom!!

Otherwise, all other issues are more about getting used to it than anything else - day 3 now and it's like falling in love.

SB on my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    So I have opened the phone app and swiped down settings. There you lose me as there is no phone dial pad. There are a number of options of which one is speed dial but god knows how you set it up.
    05-05-13 12:15 PM
    Also anyone having trouble with the speaker phone? Mine doesn't work when it's turned on speaker mode.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 12:43 PM

SB on my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 12:49 PM
    Thanks for the help editing the speed dial. That did work. Still not one touch dialing, as you said. Hopefully they can bring back this feature in future software upgrades. Thanks to SB.
    05-05-13 12:53 PM
    One more really annoying glitch: you have to push 'end call' about 10 times or more before it will end. It's easy to accidently phone someone I'm finding, and then you can't end the call, and have to explain to the person why you called.
    05-05-13 01:11 PM
    So I have opened the phone app and swiped down settings. There you lose me as there is no phone dial pad. There are a number of options of which one is speed dial but god knows how you set it up.
    05-05-13 01:13 PM
    Bring up the phone app, then push the bottom right button to bring up a keypad on the screen, then push and hold the key on the physical keypad you want to add a one touch dial to.
    05-05-13 01:15 PM
    Bring up the phone app, then push the bottom right button to bring up a keypad on the screen, then push and hold the key on the physical keypad you want to add a one touch dial to.
    Or just go into contacts and press the number and press the add to speed dial list. Must easier and it appears on the opening screen
    05-05-13 01:35 PM
    Map problem has been figured out. Now I just need to know how to delete Facebook/BBM notifications in the Hub. I can ONLY delete them one at a time :/ Delete Prior won't work.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 04:01 PM
    Or just go into contacts and press the number and press the add to speed dial list. Must easier and it appears on the opening screen
    I can't get this method to work. What do you mean by 'it appears on the opening screen'?
    05-05-13 06:10 PM
    One touch dialing doesn't work from the home screen because BB gave it up for universal search. Now if you start typing in the home screen, all relevant content that includes the string you typed shows up. Emails, contacts, Web pages you visited, apps, documents - everything.

Personally, I'd rather have one touch dialing from the home screen, but I'm probably in the minority.
    05-05-13 08:12 PM
    Al,

Does one-touch dialing work from other screens?

(Also, how's word substitution? Like the 9930 et al?)

Thanks!
    05-05-13 08:25 PM
    Al,

Does one-touch dialing work from other screens?

(Also, how's word substitution? Like the 9930 et al?)

Thanks!
    You have to be in the phone app, with the on-screen number keypad displayed, and then one-touch speed dial works from the physical keyboard.

Word substitution is turned off by default. If you want to use it, set it up in settings. You can add to the database (and transfer existing added words from your old BBOS phone), just like before.
    05-05-13 11:41 PM
    I can't get this method to work. What do you mean by 'it appears on the opening screen'?
    Hugh, the opening screen for the phone app. There are options to add numbers and that is where the speed dials show. when in there press the contact and hey presto. Ok you can probably only get 12 on that screen inc the voicemail
    05-06-13 01:33 AM
    First off, I'm happy I have the Q10 but..
    I also can't believe how hard it is to end a call, it's ridiculous how many times you need to press the end call button (glass). I'm not even through my first day and have serious concerns:
    I attempted to pair the phone with my car stereo, it requires a password (0000), no matter how many times I tried to get a cursor by tapping the bit where you type the password it never happened. I phoned Blackberry tech support, the gentlemen said he had no suggestions and I could either search their forums or PAY for tech support. No joke, I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure Apple doesn't charge for tech support, luckily when I tried to pair an hour later it worked (?) I've used only Blackberry for the last 5 years and would love to see them make comeback, the new OS has some fantastic new features but seems so glitchy. The learning curve doesn't concern me or some of the software issues, they can be fixed, I'm concerned when I touch the screen and nothing happens, it worries me that the hardware touch screen is at fault.
    Maybe I received a dub??

Any thoughts would be appreciated
    05-11-13 04:51 PM
    I have a new BB Q-10. The problem is whenever i press the buttons F, J and K, it doesnt type. It types all other words. I cant even write messages whenever i need to type F or J or K. Everytime i restart it, it starts typing for 2,3 minutes and after that again i face same problem. Please advise
    05-12-13 03:12 PM
26 12