Hello guys, i don't know if i'm posting in the good section. I would like to change the housing of my BlackBerry Q10. I would like to know what are your thoughts / advices for me on this one : Blackberry Q10 Original White Housing | eBay

What do you think about the keyboard? It has some weird red symbols on some keys (W, E, R, S and D)

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 08:28 PM
    Anyone?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 09:32 AM
    I haven't the slightest clue how to go about changing the housing on the Q10 (last time I changed house was on 8520 and that was easier to do, I hear). But white is how i'd like to go! There's some decent tutorials on youtube. Good luck, white Q10's are very sexy.
    10-24-14 12:45 PM
    that keyboard is the "best" one... they vary slightly... I have this one in black right now... feels clicky...

the only thing I don't see pictured in this listing is the "chin" part... the thin plastic right under the keyboard...

here's a warning... the speaker is part of the outer bezel.... not all of them work well at high volume... I've had to go through several to find good ones...

another note.... if you only change the plastic housing and not the lcd... it will look slightly off because you don't have the white border around the screen... yours will still be black...
    10-24-14 12:58 PM
    Thanks for the reply guys.

I had a white Q10 but I changed for a black Q10 because the white lcd makes the screen look small. Now I would like to do little modding, black lcd and white body.

Thanks for the advice, I was a little worried about that keyboard but I think i'll buy it.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 05:27 PM
    hi

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-24-14 06:15 PM
    I switched from a black housing to a black w/silver bezel housing. Somehow I damaged my microphone in the process and it no longer works I have to use the speakerphone or earpiece. I've taken apart plenty of blackberries in my day, even got paid for it but I wouldn't chance taking a Q10 apart again. If I was you I'd pay a professional.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 08:24 PM
    Thanks for the advice man. I don't want to damage my phone, I'm gonna give it to a professional even though I bought the tools.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 08:57 PM
    That "weird" keyboard is (for whatever reason) the best in my opinion. I replaced my old keyboard with one and it's solid and very "clicky".

If you have patience, a little bit of tool skill, and can follow instructions, there is a great "how to" on Youtube about changing housings. I changed my Q10 to white for a month, didn't like it and changed it back to black. I also put a silver bezel on my black housing, but also got tired of it.

It's true: Once you go black......

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 09:55 PM
    That "weird" keyboard is (for whatever reason) the best in my opinion. I replaced my old keyboard with one and it's solid and very "clicky".

If you have patience, a little bit of tool skill, and can follow instructions, there is a great "how to" on Youtube about changing housings. I changed my Q10 to white for a month, didn't like it and changed it back to black. I also put a silver bezel on my black housing, but also got tired of it.

It's true: Once you go black......

Posted via CB10
    I watched a how-to video from YouTube as well, it was very detailed. However I've spoken to a few people experienced in taking blackberries apart and my situation isn't isolated. There's something about the Q10's design that makes it very easy for you to think you put it back together perfectly but the mechanism for the microphone may not be properly placed. It's not a connector mechanism, apparently it's two metal surfaces that must be touching in order to function.

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    10-24-14 10:01 PM
    Can take a photo on the keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 01:56 AM
    This is really funny because I currently have a White Q10 and I am getting a black housing for it!

I've gone to my local phone repair place and they're going to do it for me once the parts arrive. I reckon this is the best way to go.
    10-25-14 03:30 AM
    Can take a photo on the keyboard?

Posted via CB10

BlackBerry Q10 housing-img950202.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 04:53 AM
    Something about that silver bezel... it reeks of class. totally makes it look like the 9900.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG950202.jpg 
Views:	499 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	309211

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    10-25-14 09:39 AM
    I watched a how-to video from YouTube as well, it was very detailed. However I've spoken to a few people experienced in taking blackberries apart and my situation isn't isolated. There's something about the Q10's design that makes it very easy for you to think you put it back together perfectly but the mechanism for the microphone may not be properly placed. It's not a connector mechanism, apparently it's two metal surfaces that must be touching in order to function.

Posted via CB10
    I've taken my q10 apart like 20 times now... so easy
    10-25-14 12:56 PM
    Also, I've recently gotten a new front bottom piece and battery door to get rid of that awful Verizon branding. When my Verizon contract is up, I'm moving to either T-Mobile or AT&T so I can just buy my devices straight from BlackBerry. Tired of being a slave to big red.

And yes Zombiecupcake, the silver bezel is awesome, but I'm back to a all black now with black wallpaper.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 02:47 PM
    I just bought the white soft case for my black q10. Now I've got white back and sides with an all black front. And the best part is...it was super cheap and easy!

The white obviously gets dirty, but I still like it.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 03:23 PM
    I just bought the white soft case for my black q10. Now I've got white back and sides with an all black front. And the best part is...it was super cheap and easy!

The white obviously gets dirty, but I still like it.

Posted via CB10
    Where's the photo?!? Post one here please.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 03:53 PM
    Sorry it took so long. Had to find my backup phone and charge it up enough to take some pics. The only drawback to the white BlackBerry softcase is it gets dirty. I've had this one for about 5 months and so now the back is a slightly dingy white. But still white to everyone who sees it...until you look closer. Hah. (and a side note, it's dark here and my apartment's lighting isn't the best. I can try and take some more in the morning if it helps to show what it looks like better.
    BlackBerry Q10 housing-20141025_220048.jpg
    BlackBerry Q10 housing-20141025_220126.jpg
    BlackBerry Q10 housing-20141025_220137.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 10:12 PM
    Nice phone! i like it. This is what mine will look like soon...

BlackBerry Q10 housing-_20.jpg
    jamesharmeling and SPNKr like this.
    10-26-14 01:19 AM
    I like it. That looks pretty cool.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 11:48 AM
    That looks cool. VS. The white Q10 I would pick that one over the original white Q10. Pretty crisp and clean

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 12:20 PM