Hello beautiful people,
    Firstly I would like to thank the helpful people here, who always look up to forums and answer questions. I have one too, and hope I do find an answer to it.

So, the problem that I'm currently facing is with the BlackBerry Q10's ear piece (The one we listen to calls on)

When I make/receive a call, the other person's voice isn't clear, I get sounds like brrr brrr in between, the audio tears apart. The issue is solved when I keep the volume low i.e 3 or 2 points. But it is very hard to listen to audio on that less volume when in a crowded place.

I'm from India, I got my handset from UK, yes it is still under warranty, but I need it to send it back to United Kingdom to get it repaired, which I cannot, as it is time consuming, and the BlackBerry Q10 is my main device now.

What I want to know is, I have a BlackBerry Curve 8520, with a shattered display. Can I just go to a local mobile repair shop, and get the ear piece swapped?? Will that work? Just wondering, it would save me some bucks, as well as time too! Because ordering a new one specifically for the BlackBerry Q10 would again take time. As there is no authorised BlackBerry service centre in my city.

Also, I have tools to open the phone, but my main concern is will that BlackBerry Curve ear piece be compatible with the Q10?

What is your call? What would you do?

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 11:37 AM
    No you won't be able to swap the ear piece, have you done an OS update lately if so it might that which is causing the problem.
    07-25-14 12:08 PM
    Hello,
    I'm currently on 10.2.1.2977 is this a known issue?

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 02:24 PM
    Try loading a new radio, via autoloader its non destructive and it might help.
    07-25-14 03:05 PM
    Try loading a new radio, via autoloader its non destructive and it might help.
    I don't think that this issue is software related, it's just a waste of time to reload a new radio and all that stuff, so I need to order a specific Ear-Piece for the Q10? And then get it replaced? Just want to know that.
    07-25-14 11:57 PM
    I have similar problems since I downloaded the same OS version as you are on. My Q10 has not worked properly since I downloaded that update. Also my device no longer will vibrate but rings only. Resetting does nothing to fix this. A real pain.
    07-28-14 12:17 PM
    I have similar problems since I downloaded the same OS version as you are on. My Q10 has not worked properly since I downloaded that update. Also my device no longer will vibrate but rings only. Resetting does nothing to fix this. A real pain.
    In my case, this doesn't seem to be a software issue at all, everything works flawless.
    No other defects, apart from the ear piece. This is just a headache to me!! Pfff!
    Plus, I'm unable to send this phone for a repair. The guys at BlackBerry asking for at least a week just to replace the ear piece.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 06:07 AM