Think I'll start looking for a spare keyboard in advance. Or maybe I should just hope that mine wouldn't get this issue just because it's an En-Ru one, lol.

Edit: so I'm just wondering if the region of the device plays any role in this at all???
    Last edited by lustekarlis; 06-26-14 at 09:15 AM.
    06-26-14 01:40 AM
    BlackBerry changed my phone Becouse of double typing. An gave me brand new pees thanks BlackBerry

posted via Q10
    06-27-14 11:28 AM
    I have the same double typing problem, but didn't have it before all those updates!!

Q10
    I am the same! I didn't have it before the last update!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 06:54 AM
    I don't think so. I usually get this SYM-key issue in emails and BBM, and the Sym-table appears after 20-30 seconds sometimes (even when I continued to type quite a lot of text in these 20-30 seconds). So I don't think it's a double-typing issue.
    06-30-14 03:43 AM
    Took mine about 9 months. Just got a replacement yesterday. The jury is out!

Q10
    Whatss the solution to it if I don't want to change my keypads

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 07:00 AM
    Whatss the solution to it if I don't want to change my keypads

Posted via CB10
    I got a replacement phone, not keyboard, from AT&T. So far so good.

Q10
    06-30-14 07:06 AM
    How long has it taken people on average for their Q10s to develop the double typing issue? You guys are making me feel paranoid but so far all is fine with my BlackBerry.
    Mine was just starting to do it after 4 months. Then by 6 months was unusable.

Posted via CB App from my Galaxy S4 Mini with an LED CrackLight ;-)
    06-30-14 07:18 AM
    My double typing issue seems to be gone since the last update, I've been tying out hundreds of letter but I could only get my "o" to double type with a lot of presses!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 07:49 AM
    After about 4 months with my third (count 'em) THIRD q10, the "Z" key started becoming super sensitive yesterday. The key is sensitive to touch, and pressing any other key in its vicinity triggers it. There are Zs in everything I type. Multiples of them, and it's crippling.

I've used up my Verizon Warranty with the last switch.

Talked to a local merchant who said he could replace the keyboard for $50 for parts and labor, but admitted to never having worked on a q10 before and that it would take 5-7 days to get the part. But I leave for Europe on Friday, so I'll just have to deal with it.
    07-01-14 03:26 PM
    I don't know whether to be impressed by the dedication of those on their 3rd, 4th, etc. Q10s dealing with this issue, or just genuinely sorry that you keep coming back for more fail.

After my second device started to fail, I would be DONE with the Q10 and probably with BB altogether.

Posted from my Nokia Lumia 822 using Tapatalk
    07-01-14 03:53 PM
    I don't have the problem as severe as others have described. My Q10 was bought the first day of release on Bell in Canada (2013 05 01) and used daily since. Just downloaded the newest maintenance OS release bringing me to 10.2.1.2977.

My question is: has anyone found a correlation to the way your device is kept while NOT in use?

I keep mine in the BlackBerry leather sleeve pocket when not in my hands and wonder if that has minimised the problem that I see. For sure, I still get double letters, but as I say it's almost rare in my case.
    07-01-14 04:19 PM

My question is: has anyone found a correlation to the way your device is kept while NOT in use?
    I'm going to have to say yes.
    When I got mine, I was a package handler for UPS. It's a very dusty environment. After doing that for several months, right about the time I left is when I started having the problem. Around the 4 months of usage time frame.

About 1/2 of that time, it was in the OEM holster. The other 1/2 in the CrackBerry Orange Crunk case in my pocket.

Posted via CB App from my Galaxy S4 Mini with an LED CrackLight ;-)
    StoicEngineer and Dave Liao like this.
    07-01-14 04:33 PM
    After my second device started to fail, I would be DONE with the Q10 and probably with BB altogether.
    I've had 6 blackberry phones so far. I even went BACK to the q10 after having zero issues with my iphone 5s because I missed the functionality of the keyboard. I wanted to give the company the benefit of the doubt, because I love Blackberry and thought maybe the keyboard issues (on a phone that's keyboard is its largest selling point) weren't as rampant. I guess they are.

In the time since my last post today, the Z problem has become even worse. It's basically an unusable phone. Tomorrow I'm draining $199 to re-upgrade back to the 5s and never looking back. I write this with a heavy heart, because the q10 is still the most comfortable device I've used. But enough is enough.
    07-01-14 04:39 PM
    I'm not too far behind. Over-sensitive e and y here on second keyboard in 6 months. Its unbearable and dead silence from BlackBerry customer support.

I'll fear I'll be moving on after 6 great years with BlackBerry - and eating 2 more years on my contact.

So Samsung or Iphone? Tis the question.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 07:39 PM
    Personally, I already have an ipazd and have owned iphonezs, so I have purchazsedz appsz waiting for me. Itsz a no brainer. I've also never cared for anzdroizd. But at thizs point anything woulzd be an improvement.

If you zcant tell, I am now away from the laptop anzd am writing from the q10 via the crazckzzberry app. Thizs zzshoulzd give everyone an izdeza of how fun my ezxperienzce hazs been for the pazst 2 zdayzs.

Posted via Q10
    flyingsolid and nglfmark like this.
    07-01-14 07:58 PM
    I know exacetly whayt yoyu aere talking about.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 08:34 PM
    Personally, I already have an ipazd and have owned iphonezs, so I have purchazsedz appsz waiting for me. Itsz a no brainer. I've also never cared for anzdroizd. But at thizs point anything woulzd be an improvement.

If you zcant tell, I am now away from the laptop anzd am writing from the q10 via the crazckzzberry app. Thizs zzshoulzd give everyone an izdeza of how fun my ezxperienzce hazs been for the pazst 2 zdayzs.

Posted via Q10

Oh, wow. This would annoy me so much. Good luck transitioning back to iPhone. I gave my wife my iPhone 5 back in November and it has been rock solid. My mother, father, and one of my brothers also own iPhones and seem to be very pleased with them. I have to go against the crowd, so I've been using a BlackBerry Z30 and now a Lumia 822. But I may just give in and go back to iPhone, eventually.
    07-01-14 08:44 PM
    I don't know whether to be impressed by the dedication of those on their 3rd, 4th, etc. Q10s dealing with this issue, or just genuinely sorry that you keep coming back for more fail.

I agree.

If I dropped 600 dollars for a Q10, then I expect the hardware to work for a long time. I had an O.G. Nokia E73 Mode running Symbian 60 O/S and I abused the hell out of that keyboard. The O/S is out of date, but the phone's hardware just works, perfect. Yet this bulky BlackBerry Q10 that was so hyped (and pricey) can't be on par with it? It's not as if this is BlackBerry's first try at the keyboard phone either (they're known for it!).

I'm not going to bother with the BlackBerry Q10 at all. The one I used & took really good care of more or less was replaced by a Z30 that's meh to me. I prefer keyboard and despise touch screen. When the Classic comes out, even though I'm excited about that phone I'm worried that it'll be as much as a disappointment as the BlackBerry Q10. I don't want to drop 600 more dollars for a phone that will become unusable in a few weeks/months. BlackBerry has to acknowledge it to put its customers at ease that it won't happen again or have to release some sort of software update to fix it. Knowing BlackBerry I know they'll half-*** it.
    Oddsocket likes this.
    07-01-14 09:03 PM

Hey Newfangled, I saw in your WP Central profile what looked like a BB Classic for 2014, are you thinking of getting one? Are you going to join the double typing club?
    07-01-14 10:59 PM
    I'm on the brink of purchasing and activating a Q10 under a 2-year contract in about a month's time, and I can't help but wonder about this double-typing issues. Are the majority of Q10 users having the double typing issues?? And has the issue been caused and resolved by means of software or hardware ?
    07-01-14 11:31 PM
    I'm on the brink of purchasing and activating a Q10 under a 2-year contract in about a month's time, and I can't help but wonder about this double-typing issues. Are the majority of Q10 users having the double typing issues?? And has the issue been caused and resolved by means of software or hardware ?
    The fact that this thread has been around for this long with this many pages shows that it hasn't been fixed and a lot of people are experiencing the problem.

That doesn't mean everyone has it because I know there's always that one person wanting to jump in to say it's not happening to them, but this is a very common issue. CrackBerry even featured a poll asking if it was affecting BlackBerry Q10 owners.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 12:12 AM
    The new models are fine. Got one from the beginning and one Q10 from 2014 and the new one is OK!

Posted via Q10Bold
    07-02-14 12:37 AM
    No double typing problems for me, and I hope it doesn't occur.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 02:27 AM
    I have had my Q10 since January 2014 and it has started with the keyboard problem. It is really bizarre as it only shows up in BlackBerry apps, none of my Android ported apps have any issue. Has anyone else found this? I am now wondering if it is a hardware or a software issue.
    07-02-14 04:08 AM
    Hey Newfangled, I saw in your WP Central profile what looked like a BB Classic for 2014, are you thinking of getting one? Are you going to join the double typing club?

No, I tried out a Bold 9930 for 30 days earlier this year because I wanted to know why it was still so popular that BlackBerry did another production run.

It was a good phone in many respects - better keyboard than the Q10, IMO. But the screen was too small, the apps too old and limited, and I missed my Z30.

I can see why so many still like the Bold 9900 series.

But I learned that I prefer screen real estate and better app experience over physical keyboards and toolbelts.
    07-02-14 07:44 AM
2,502 ... 6061626364 ...