Now my space bar doesn't work well.

Edward | Q10
    04-26-14 01:06 AM
    I have a question. I didn't read the whole thread so please forgive me. I bought a used Q10 from swappa. The phone is absolutely mint and does not seem to have the double typing issue. Does the location the phone was made in seem to have any affect on this double typing issue? The phone I got was made in "Canada 1" and dated 10052013. Also does the issue only seem to occur after there has been a lot of keyboard use?
    Canada made? Wow.
    What version is your Q10? SQN -1, -2, -3...?

Posted via Q10Bold
    04-26-14 01:38 AM
    Don't you guys think our Q10 needs a little massage every morning to warm up and get those keyboard issues away for the day?

Edward | Q10
    04-26-14 01:47 AM
    Don't you guys think our Q10 needs a little massage every morning to warm up and get those keyboard issues away for the day?

Edward | Q10
    I wish it was that simple - wait- no I don't, even if that DID work, I (strangely enough) don't want to wake up in the morning and spend my time farting around with a broken phone (that I spent a lot of money on) trying to make it behave like it SHOULD IN THE FIRST PLACE.

People: if a little massage solves your issue, or a software reset or rollback makes it go away, then good for you, what are you doing here? The rest of us in this thread have a serious and progressive HARDWARE problem that, although solved by a keyboard replacement, often comes back a while after the replacement keyboard fails too.

The keyboard on a six-month-old phone should be perfect. It shouldn't need a massage, it shouldn't need software adjustment to try and stop it failing so early. This is not a flagship phone, this is not a �500 phone.

My phone didn't last seven months. I've never - NEVER - had a phone fail this quickly on me. Not an android, not an iPhone, NOTHING.

Seriously, if it comes back again, I'm going to video myself using my fist to give it a little massage into pieces and put it on YouTube.

Pathetic.
    04-26-14 03:22 AM
    I talked to BlackBerry support today. They confirmed they are looking into the issue and seem genuinely concerned, although they did say it was quite rare. Based on what I told them of my experience, they were sure it is a hardware problem.

Hopefully they can get to the bottom of it and solve the problem for all of us. If keyboards are BlackBerry's future, they need to get this right.

Posted via CB10
    My cousin had the issue, BlackBerry replaced the kb. 3 weeks after the repair and the double letters start again, BlackBerry replaced the kb a second time. After a call to CPW, they and BlackBerry agree to replace his Q10 under warranty.
    A week after he got his new Q10 and so far, no issues for him.

My girlfriend has the issue too.

Two days ago, my kb started acting up with double letters. Looks like I've got a warranty claim and the phone isn't even 1 year old. To add insult to injury, I bought my Q10 on UK launch day and paid the full off-contract price.

I'm disgusted a phone can fail this quickly.
    04-26-14 04:30 AM
    I wish it was that simple - wait- no I don't, even if that DID work, I (strangely enough) don't want to wake up in the morning and spend my time farting around with a broken phone (that I spent a lot of money on) trying to make it behave like it SHOULD IN THE FIRST PLACE.

People: if a little massage solves your issue, or a software reset or rollback makes it go away, then good for you, what are you doing here? The rest of us in this thread have a serious and progressive HARDWARE problem that, although solved by a keyboard replacement, often comes back a while after the replacement keyboard fails too.

The keyboard on a six-month-old phone should be perfect. It shouldn't need a massage, it shouldn't need software adjustment to try and stop it failing so early. This is not a flagship phone, this is not a �500 phone.

My phone didn't last seven months. I've never - NEVER - had a phone fail this quickly on me. Not an android, not an iPhone, NOTHING.

Seriously, if it comes back again, I'm going to video myself using my fist to give it a little massage into pieces and put it on YouTube.

Pathetic.
    That's my issue too. The BlackBerry Q10 in a few days just became un-usable. Like wtf man, I paid a lot of money for this phone expecting BlackBerry quality in hardware. I bought a BlackBerry z30 but I'm annoyed that we got screwed over like this.

Posted via CB10
    axllebeer likes this.
    04-26-14 09:10 AM
    Seems only a few say 60 people are experiencing this. I haven't noticed it at all to be honest, at least on my end. I'm guessing outside of crackberry, warranty replacements/repairs were done at the carriers shops.

Posted via CrackBerry 10 (CB10) application using my BlackBerry Q10.
    04-26-14 09:24 AM
    I agree with all of this and above as well. As a sprint user, if I want BlackBerry 10, the Q is my only option. I would have gladly had a Z10 but sadly, not an option for Sprint users. I'm not dropping Sprint as I have 5 unlimited LTE lines. So I might be forced to, (unfortunately), go with something like the Galaxy S4 mini. Going to send the Q to BlackBerry for a replacement but I don't expect that one to last either.

Typing this on my Q10 and I lost count how many corrections I had to make because of this ongoing problem.

That's my issue too. The BlackBerry Q10 in a few days just became un-usable. Like wtf man, I paid a lot of money for this phone expecting BlackBerry quality in hardware. I bought a BlackBerry z30 but I'm annoyed that we got screwed over like this.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 09:26 AM
    I'm cautiously optimistic. My replacement Q10 has keyboard action that feels like my original one when it was fresh out of the box. My original one, after about 5 months started feeling "looser" to type on and that's when the double typing began. I'm happy for now, but fear that I've only bought a few more months before it happens again.

This problem is very annoying. However, I like everything else so much about the phone that I'm willing to take the risk and wait and see. I'm also keeping my monthly insurance since it expedited my getting a replacement from my carrier (Sprint).

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    04-26-14 10:45 AM
    I'm cautiously optimistic. My replacement Q10 has keyboard action that feels like my original one when it was fresh out of the box. My original one, after about 5 months started feeling "looser" to type on and that's when the double typing began. I'm happy for now, but fear that I've only bought a few more months before it happens again.

This problem is very annoying. However, I like everything else so much about the phone that I'm willing to take the risk and wait and see. I'm also keeping my monthly insurance since it expedited my getting a replacement from my carrier (Sprint).

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    My kb feels much "looser" now that you mention it.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    04-26-14 11:01 AM
    Seems only a few say 60 people are experiencing this. I haven't noticed it at all to be honest, at least on my end. I'm guessing outside of crackberry, warranty replacements/repairs were done at the carriers shops.

Posted via CrackBerry 10 (CB10) application using my BlackBerry Q10.
    How would you know how many people are experiencing this? Not all that experience this are here and most aren't - judging by the sales of the replacement keyboards being sold privately that was discussed earlier in the thread.

I'm glad you don't have this issue - good for you, I hope you never have it - but I'll bet that your Q10 probably isn't 6 months old yet.
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    04-26-14 11:02 AM
    Canada made? Wow.

Posted via Q10Bold
    Yeah it was made in Canada. It's a SQN100-5 T-Mobile branded but I paid to unlock it. I like my Z10 better so I am thinking about selling it here on the forums but I need to post more, LOL.
    04-26-14 11:14 AM
    please BlackBerry
    please BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 11:22 AM
    Canada made? Wow.

Posted via Q10Bold
    I had a Canada SQN100-5 that developed the problem after about 4 months. I'm on a Mexico 5 right now, and so far after a few days, the keyboard feels a bit more "snappy" than the other one. It actually gives great feedback, so I'm pleased with it for now.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 11:38 AM
    The downside of all this is that you just don't want to be constantly living in fear that your phone is going to act up any day now....does not sound like an enjoyable experience.

I had a Q10 and previous bold models and I didn't experience the double typing problem but I did notice that certain keys would begin to have weird clanky sounds to them or would respond differently. I knew it was only a matter of time until one key would have a serious problem. Definitely pushed me away and decided to stick with software keyboards.
    04-26-14 11:50 AM
    I've only had my Q10 for a week. I got it on eBay with a 30 day return option. If at the end of 30 days there's still no problem, I'll keep it but I'll probably order a replacement keyboard to have on hand.

If I do have to return it before 30 days, I'll probably get a Z30.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    04-26-14 01:13 PM
    I'm afraid my 4-month-old Q10 keyboard has started doing the same thing. Whenever I type '2' it appears '23', same with 't' which goes 'rt', or 'r' going 'R' or 'rr'... it's suddenly oversensitive. Thing is I literally bought the last BlackBerry Q10 available in my whole area, and I seriously doubt they'll ever fix it properly or give me another one.

Is it really a hardware problem? Nothing else can be done with this?

A really annoyed and disappointed BlackBerry fan. To think I was recommending it to my relatives and friends...

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 01:19 PM
    It looks like the keyboard on the Q10 is very different from the design of the older BBs. On those, it was possible to peel back the actual keys and replace the inner "membrane". The Q10 keyboard looks like a sealed, unitized module that can be replaced but not readily repaired.

I wonder if the era of physical keyboards isn't coming to an end for the simple reason that they are more costly to produce, given the high level of QC needed to prevent the problems we're seeing. And yet...it seemed like older BBs could take an amazing amount of abuse and those keyboards would just keep on clicking.
    intprd04 and Eno Karapici like this.
    04-26-14 02:27 PM
    I've only had my Q10 for a week. I got it on eBay with a 30 day return option. If at the end of 30 days there's still no problem, I'll keep it but I'll probably order a replacement keyboard to have on hand.

If I do have to return it before 30 days, I'll probably get a Z30.

FYI, the problem usually requires more than a month of wear and tear before you'll start seeing symptoms.
    04-26-14 02:42 PM
    Then I guess I'll take my chances, and pick up a spare keyboard.

04-26-14 03:12 PM
    This is really serious. BlackBerry should do something about it, like freely and internationally upgrade to Q20 every Q10 user that has experienced the keyboard issue.

I consider myself a BlackBerry ambassador, I haven't bought a non-Blackberry device since I started using it back in 2009, I'm always defending it, explaining its wonders...

Now I've had to re-write this simple message a dozen times because this joke of a keyboard. I feel betrayed

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 03:27 PM
    Man the more I read this thread the more I feel bad for everyone. My phone is fine but it's only a month old. I worry about what will happen when time goes on. I hope a fix is found for everyone. Best of luck.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 03:36 PM
    I'll bet that your Q10 probably isn't 6 months old yet.
    Miine started thiis at 4 months old. It's now 6 months. See how welll itss working when I don't correct the errors manually?

Posted from my CB via the power of "Q"
    04-26-14 03:50 PM
    FYI, 3+ months with a $10 keyboard from ebay and no issues yet.

//Some forum moderators at some forums are like communist
    Oddsocket likes this.
    04-26-14 04:14 PM
    MHa ef? T for qTspp q TV h~~jwqz

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 04:18 PM
2,502 ... 3536373839 ...